快速登录:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

话题: I use TWO MacBook Pros at every gig...

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

I am trying to address the security features in VDJ8.

I use two MacBook Pro's at every gig. One as my main and one as a hot backup, which is ready to go. Or, the second MBP will be used as the ceremony system and then be used as the hot backup.

How will the new security features affect me and the way I use my MacBook Pros?

Thanks!

Scott

发表时间 Mon 12 May 14 @ 12:08 pm
Open VDJ on both and log in.

So long as you don't close VDJ on one of the machines during the gig, then both will remain active.

The login only affects launch.

发表时间 Mon 12 May 14 @ 12:10 pm
Dan,

It could very well happen that one gets closed at some point during the gig. I may have to play music in another area of the venue, etc.

What then?

Also, quite possible that I won't have internet at my venues. What then?

Scott

发表时间 Mon 12 May 14 @ 12:12 pm
Pass - next question!!

I'll see if i can find out!! ;)

发表时间 Mon 12 May 14 @ 12:14 pm
ewitlesPRO InfinityMember since 2006
That brings to mind. I am a fan of redundant backups. A station where I rip and assemble the master library. Then, my main rig (currently a laptop). Plus a 2nd laptop for backup. Yes, that does add up to three. Sometimes I just use the home version on the 1st unit.

So, will 8 behave like Windows if it discovers being used twice but across three machines? Would dislike any last minute issues while at a job site and no access to Internet.

发表时间 Mon 12 May 14 @ 12:14 pm
Haha... thanks Dan.

Many of us use the system at home and then have gig machines. If I need to buy an additional license, so be it, I just don't want to be stuck at a gig without the ability to get into the software.

There is nothing in the manual about the security system.

Thanks... and yes, let us know.

发表时间 Mon 12 May 14 @ 12:16 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Just don't let one laptop connect to the internet. Disable WLAN e.g.
Then VDJ won't ask you to login. It only does if you open VDJ with a internet connection available.

Another way: Contact the support team and they will give you a licence file, that could be put on a USB stick.

发表时间 Mon 12 May 14 @ 12:19 pm
I suppose the easiest answer (not the official one by the way) is not let one of your machines (probably the back-up) go online.

Put it online login to VDJ then disable the internet access.
On the main machine you can login in and out as many times as you like but because the backup isn't connecting to VDJ servers it won't trigger an additional login.

N.B.The only exception to his is for users with a VDJ Pro Subscription which would need to connect every 30days.

Haha what PachN said!! Following me around again!! ;)

发表时间 Mon 12 May 14 @ 12:22 pm
Ah, seems awkward but necessary to protect the software.

And besides, if I don't have access to the internet at a venue, the point is moot... it won't ask me to register anyway.

My prediction... this will be a HUGE issue to many users. Be prepared.

Thank you for the quick response.

发表时间 Mon 12 May 14 @ 12:25 pm
Just make sure you (or anyone) don't press the "log out" button!

Even without a connection, it's bye bye license info.

发表时间 Mon 12 May 14 @ 12:41 pm
That is major boo boo.
At the very least should require an authentication to logout if that's the case.

发表时间 Mon 12 May 14 @ 5:37 pm
J-SnipPRO InfinityMember since 2006
PachN wrote :
Just don't let one laptop connect to the internet. Disable WLAN e.g.
Then VDJ won't ask you to login. It only does if you open VDJ with a internet connection available.

Another way: Contact the support team and they will give you a licence file, that could be put on a USB stick.

So you're saying, for those of us long time users who are afraid of being locked out at a gig, we could contact support and obtain a license file to copy onto the internal HDD so the software reads that file instead of connecting? Personally I feel MUCHO safer going that route with my gig machine. I, too, use my desktop to analyze files, work on playlists, etc. I too have a MBP bootcamp and could use Win version and OSX version. You see I have a premium subscription but I never have my gig machine online while spinning.

发表时间 Mon 12 May 14 @ 5:53 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)