快速登录:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

话题: how to adjust root folders (delete some)

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

figured it out....can't delete post..have a nice night

发表时间 Mon 12 May 14 @ 12:17 am
Though I'm sure I'll figure it out when I get there. Rather than delete the post. Maybe it would be nice to share your new found knowledge for others...?

发表时间 Mon 12 May 14 @ 5:49 pm

发表时间 Mon 12 May 14 @ 5:54 pm
My 2p worth...

I find it rather frustrating that in order to tick/untick the various items, you have to visit the menu tree numerous times and click them one at a time.

For example I've turned most of mine off, and to do that it took me 30 moves - back to the button each time, select root, untick, back to the button again and so on.

Same with some of the other menu trees with long lists of fields/options, like turning off most of the data from the info view. Click, click, click, click......

It would be better if some of these multi-choice selections were selectable via the config & accessible to set in one go.

IMHO

发表时间 Mon 12 May 14 @ 6:04 pm
How many times would you adjust the root elements.

For most users it would be a one time thing. For some maybe every now again you might deselect one thing.

Not an issue IMO

发表时间 Mon 12 May 14 @ 6:08 pm
Not specifically/just root elements. I mentioned that because your post reminded me. It applies to any option where there are multiple choices to select, which close after one tick/untick and you have to go back again and again.

In contrast - with Windows Explorer for example, if you select the Details view, you can right click a browser header and bring up a "tick menu" much like those in VDJ 8 - the difference being there's an option (more...) which brings up a separate floating window where every single tick box option is listed, all in one window, and you can tick as many or as few as you want, before OKing it.

It also gives you the option to move them up/down, show or hide them etc.

发表时间 Mon 12 May 14 @ 6:15 pm
Where else do you encounter this issue?

发表时间 Mon 12 May 14 @ 6:19 pm
groovindj wrote :
It applies to any option where there are multiple choices to select, which close after one tick/untick and you have to go back again and again.

发表时间 Mon 12 May 14 @ 6:22 pm
Specifically Groovin'?

发表时间 Mon 12 May 14 @ 6:23 pm
If I must:

The Root Elements menu, the browser headers right click menu, the info options fields menu, the sampler list view headers right click menu, the browser search options....

发表时间 Mon 12 May 14 @ 6:31 pm
Thank you.

I go back to my previous statement though - how often would you change any of those?

At the moment, new software testing things and changing things, fair enough. But once things are set as you want them would you change the regularly?

Also it's not a case of "if i must" - if you want it passed to the Dev team then i need to understand the issue accurately and how much it would affect workflow on normal working basis, not a "i'm learning the software basis".

发表时间 Mon 12 May 14 @ 6:33 pm
How often? How long's a piece of string? When will VDJ 9 be out? (LOL)

I'd change them as & when I needed to, and each time it's tedious because of the multiple single clicks.

As I mentioned, when I change my viewing options in Explorer I always use that More... box because it means I can tick/untick every box I need in one go. It's just easier.

Quote :
it's not a case of "if i must"

You asked me where I'd encountered it, but I'd already stated that clearly enough (IMO) without needing to get verbose on your a.... :-)

发表时间 Mon 12 May 14 @ 6:47 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Its how the menus work in the Operating systems (and VirtualDj uses these). Once a selection is made you need to bring that back to make another one.

发表时间 Mon 12 May 14 @ 6:49 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)