快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: Fresh Install of Virtual DJ on new MBP...???

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

I did a fresh install of VDJ on a new Retina Macbook Pro.

A quick question... (not history, the actual listing of all my tracks)

1. Where is the tracklisting stored? I have search the wiki and I know what it says but the folder or file is not there.

If you say it is in Users/yourname/Library/Preferences/com.atomixproductions.virtualdj.plist, it's not there. There is no such folder or file called that anywhere on my system.

Thanks in advance for your answer.

发表时间 Tue 08 Oct 13 @ 9:20 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005

发表时间 Tue 08 Oct 13 @ 12:51 pm
I can see it, nothing there with my tracklistings in it.

(Very familiar with Mac's)

发表时间 Tue 08 Oct 13 @ 12:58 pm
It might be in the old location /Users/YourUsername/Documents/VirtualDJ/Tracklisting

(This was used in older versions of VirtualDJ prior to being changed to meet the requirements for Apple App Store.)

发表时间 Tue 08 Oct 13 @ 1:20 pm
I see NO tracks listed in either place.

Fresh download of VDJ yesterday.

发表时间 Wed 09 Oct 13 @ 12:45 pm
Haui70PRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2008
If you have done a fresh inst. VDJ, how should there be a content?

Each seassion with VDJ will create history file and so it will grow from day to day.
Or are you talking about your history files from previous sessions?

发表时间 Thu 10 Oct 13 @ 2:10 am
Again, not looking for HISTORY, looking for my Track Listing. (Please read the thread before answering)

I am looking for all the tracks that I have added to my database.

Must be a big question... no one seems to be able to help.

Geesh!

发表时间 Mon 14 Oct 13 @ 8:28 am

发表时间 Mon 14 Oct 13 @ 9:27 am
Forget it...

Does ANYONE read the thread?

发表时间 Tue 15 Oct 13 @ 3:08 pm
djmagicmoments wrote :

I am looking for all the tracks that I have added to my database.

Thats called Database or SearchDB

Each Hard Drive holds/creates its own database.

The VirtualDJ database (named as VirtualDJ Database v6.xml ) for the Internal Hard Drive (Macintosh HD) can be found in /users/YOURNAME/Documents/VirtualDJ or /users/YOURNAME/Library/VirtualDJ for new installations of VirtualDJ v7.0.3 and above.

For each External Hard Drive you may use, you will find files named as VirtualDJ Local Database v6.xml in the root directory of each Disc.

The database doesnt actually hold only the "Tracklisting", but also other information, such as the BPM, Length, Key etc.

If you wish to have JUST the names of those files, then you need to create a Playlist with all your files. To do that, open VirtualDJ and type a * (star) in the Search field. This will bring all the files of yoru Database in the center window of the Browser. Then click on one of those files and then CTRL+A (to select them all), sorry, hopefully there is a similar way to select on Mac too. Once those files are highlighted (selected), drag n drop them to the Playlist Window (on the right side). Then use the Playlist Options to Save the Playlist.
You will then have your list in the /VirtualDJ/Playlists folder.

Hope that helps a bit.

发表时间 Tue 15 Oct 13 @ 4:39 pm
Again.. Its not there...
The VirtualDJ database (named as VirtualDJ Database v6.xml ) for the Internal Hard Drive (Macintosh HD) can be found in /users/YOURNAME/Documents/VirtualDJ or /users/YOURNAME/Library/VirtualDJ for new installations of VirtualDJ v7.0.3 and above.

发表时间 Tue 15 Oct 13 @ 8:07 pm
In order VirtualDJ to create the database file, you need first to Add Music files or Folders to the Search DB http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Add%20to%20search%20DB.html

If for any reason, after doing that, a database file is still not created, then most likely, there is a permission issue with the VirtualDJ folder. http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/VirtualDJ%20Folder%20Permissions.html

PS. Your post has been edited. Please do not use capital letters or larger size. It's like shouting. We are trying to help you on this matter the best we can. There is no need to have that attitude.

发表时间 Wed 16 Oct 13 @ 4:33 am
I have been using VDJ for many years. I am aware of what it does and what it is supposed to do.

You posted the same thing that was already discussed three times in the small thread. I am sure you can understand my frustration. Or maybe you can't.

On a Mac, the admin has permission control so it's not a permission issue.

发表时间 Wed 16 Oct 13 @ 7:43 am
Open VirtualDJ.
Load a song to a deck . Play the deck for a while and then close VirtualDJ.
Goto Users/YourUsername/Documents/VirtualDJ and see if there a file named as VirtualDJ database v6.xml
See also if this file is present in Users/YourUsername/library/VirtualDJ folder

If VirtualDJ can write (permission issue) to your Hard Drive, then the file of database should be created there

Where is the song you loaded stored to ? The Internal Macintosh HD or some External HD ? If it is an External HD, have in mind that Macs can not write in NTFS Hard Drives, so you will have to re-fromat your Hard Drive as FAT

PS1. Forgive me for repeating something already mentioned in a previous post. Experienced Mac users usually are mistaken about the Library folder, as there are 2 of them.
Just make sure you see a Library Folder under your Username and not under Documents. Thats a totally different folder. I ve provided you a link above on how to reveal the hidden by default Library folder.

PS2. Even with Admin rights (account), we ve seen cases with a folder or a file having Read Only access instead of Read and Write. Just make sure, thats not the case with it.

If you still have the same issue (cant see the database files), please contact with us using the Live Chat Support, and one of our Tech agents will connect remotely with your computer to assist you.. http://www.virtualdj.com/contact/index.html

发表时间 Wed 16 Oct 13 @ 7:59 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)