快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: Driver/Soundcard problems with Typhoon

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Hi guys,

So I got the Vestax Typhoon and am using it with Virtual DJ on a HP 2000 laptop which is great. However I'm trying to understand it right now, I have this 2.0 USB Hub that it came with that has VUH-204 on it. Without it, it doesn't work. I needed more USB ports so I ordered a Belkin which it doesnt work through unless I connect it to this particular hub which has 3 ports on it already. I had to download the ASIO driver for it. Is this thing the soundcard? If so, can I replace it with another that is compatible with Vestax Typhoon? It's very sensitive, if I were to move the wire plugged into it during my set, it freezes my program and stops the sound entirely. Or is this just a USB hub that I can replace with the Belkin which needs a different driver?

I need your help guys!

Thanks!!

发表时间 Fri 19 Jul 13 @ 9:13 pm
Does your laptop have USB3 ports? Are you powering the Typhoon and/or the hub?

Using a hub is a common fix for getting USB 2 devices working with USB 3 sockets.

No, the USB hub is not a soundcard. You can tell this from the fact it has no audio sockets.

It sounds as if one of your cables is faulty. Moving it shouldn't freeze the software.

发表时间 Sun 21 Jul 13 @ 7:05 am
My laptop has 3 USB plugs. It recognizes the other USB hub as a generic. But without this particular hub in, the controller wont work with the software at all bc the ASIO driver won't show up in the bottom right of my laptop. And it will say that the soundcard isn't connected. It's as though the Belkin itself cant power my controller even though it lights up when I switch it on.

As far as the cable goes, it's the one that attaches to the controller then to the USB hub. So I'm thinking you're right, it might be the cable being faulty. However, it doesnt make sense that the controller wont work without that particular usb hub that it came with.

发表时间 Mon 22 Jul 13 @ 6:41 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Vestax offers an alternative driver besides the Vestax ASIO. Its called ASIO4ALL. Its a fake ASIO driver and we rarely propose that, but since its proposed by Vestax, they might know more ;) Give it a try.
www.asio4all.com

During Installation, click to install (select) the OffLine Settings menu. its the one you need to open right after the installation to declare which sound card the driver should use.

发表时间 Mon 22 Jul 13 @ 6:45 pm
MilaMonster wrote :
My laptop has 3 USB plugs.

That's not what I was asking! There are different types of USB sockets. The older type is still the most common, and most DJ equipment will still use them. These are called USB 1.1 or USB 2 sockets.

The newer type (which are called USB 3) are found on new computers, and look different. Compatibility between USB 2 equipment and USB 3 sockets is variable.

The new type are supposed to be backwards compatible, but it's often the case that a direct connection of a USB 2 device to a USB 3 socket won't work. The use of a USB 2 hub between the new socket and the equipment is a common solution.

Have a look at your USB sockets...

发表时间 Tue 23 Jul 13 @ 7:14 am
Ahh! Sorry.

I looked and it appears to be usb3 ports. That's odd though because it does work with the USB 2 hub provided by Vestax. And the Belkin is also a USB 2 hub. Won't that just affect how my program runs?

Also I did download the ASIO for Typhoon, though I'm not sure if it was the 4all, I think it was.

If I redownload and install that one will it be an issue?

发表时间 Tue 23 Jul 13 @ 6:57 pm
I actually looked back and yes I do have the ASIO4ALL driver installed.

发表时间 Tue 23 Jul 13 @ 7:00 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)