快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: HELP N4 WHEELS NOT RESPODING..LOST GIG

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

I STARTED Playing 2 minutes into my set, my jogwheels stopped responding. If i load a track and NOT PLAY it, the jogwheels move the track perfectly, as soon as it plays moving the jog wheels does nothing.... Im using a Numark N4 and this is sporadic behavior. I have about 20 minutes to resolve the problem or Im out. Never in any show using the n4s has this happened...any help? anyone? about 200 people or so infront of me :(

发表时间 Thu 28 Feb 13 @ 8:56 pm
How does one erase a (this one) post? Lost the gig, couldnt fix it. even tough I was using it just fine 3 hours prior. Cost of using proffesional equipment such as this :(

发表时间 Thu 28 Feb 13 @ 10:22 pm
the fact that you "lost the gig" is absurd. for one, everyone has technical difficulties, even thr pros, ive seen skrillex smash his gear. i'm not suggesting you do this, but i understand that stuff happens, and so should other people. second of all, you should have some sort of back up system in line for when this happens, something as simple as an mp3 player, your phone, or heck you could of even of used the VDJ built in auto mix to finish your set, sure you probably couldn't of transitioned and blended entirely well, but thats what the samples and mic is for. Sometimes you just have to have a back up plan, for those moments we all dread....

in regards to your hardware, i suggest the following. reinstall your computer drivers, use a different USB port (2.0), update the firmware of the controller, buy a high quality USB cable w/ferrite chokes or buy ferrite chokes that fit your new cable gauge via radio shack, put ferrite chokes on your power cable, make sure your running your laptop on AC power not just the battery, and lastly reinstall VDJ.

good luck to you in the future

-cheers

发表时间 Sun 03 Mar 13 @ 10:49 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)