快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: Strange problem last night with 7.2

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Middle of my gig I tried loading a video into the right player as the left was playing out. I got an *error* and the visual stripe didn't draw. Tried several different videos and they all were coming up *error*. The left player continued but at the end of the video I had to revert to my iPod backup. I shut down VDJ and restarted, all was well for the rest of the night.

There is nothing in the crash log as it didn't actually crash, the left player continued playing out as well as the video on the external screens.

This was a new problem I've never encountered before.

发表时间 Sun 24 Feb 13 @ 4:56 am
Were these files from an external drive?

Do you remember the tracks (the playing one and the one that errored out)? Can you reproduce it?

发表时间 Sun 24 Feb 13 @ 6:44 am
All my databases; mp3, video, karaoke, are stored on my 1tb external drive.

Remember the tracks involved? Easy - the tracks are stored in the 'tracklist.txt' file in the Tracklist folder ;-)

The file was split at 01:04 and after restarting VDJ at 01:12.

Before 01:04 the playing video was a new remix video from Promo Only; Disclosure - Latch (Promo Only T Williams Quick Edit) and the video I was trying to load was; Zedd f. Foxes - Clarity (Promo Only Intro Edit). I tried loading lots of different videos at the time and they all showed the same *error*.

I have tried, but, can't reproduce as both videos load and play normally. Just put it down as one of those 'one-off' weird problems.

发表时间 Sun 24 Feb 13 @ 9:46 pm
I asked about the drive because it may possibly have been related to the connection between the drive and the computer.

Does the drive have its own power supply? Were you using it? (!)

Does the drive have any 'green' power saving features? Have they been disabled?

Is the computer configured to run at full whack, or are there any power saving options enabled?

Are you running the drive and computer via a filtered socket, to avoid spikes/glitches etc?

发表时间 Mon 25 Feb 13 @ 9:43 am
The video in the left player was coming from the same USB powered external drive, so, no connection problems and never ever had any.

Drive has the 'sleep' feature disabled as I've always done with all my external drives in the past.

Apple Macbook Pro i7, mains powered with all power saving features disabled. Running VDJ under Windows 7 and have been for nearly 3 years with this setup.

I know you're trying to help, but, honestly, I've been using computers to DJ with since 1998. Used laptops since 2002 when we were on XP, I've seen all sorts of problems, I put this down to just one of those 'one off' weird problems never to be seen again.

Cheers for trying though.
Les

发表时间 Mon 25 Feb 13 @ 1:40 pm
Was this a venue you regularly work at, or a new one?

I'm starting to think maybe it was a glitch in the mains supply, that caused either the laptop, the drive or whichever controller you may have been using to throw its toys out of the pram.

Is your kit running through a mains filter of any kind?

发表时间 Tue 26 Feb 13 @ 7:19 am
Been my residency for over 6 years hence the reason I'm chilled and relaxed about it. I have an iPod with a full night recorded (no mic) that is running in the background every night, just need to raise the volume fader if the computer craps out.

No mains filter, not needed on a laptop.

Just been checking the Windows log for Sat night/Sun Morning. It appears there was a Windows 7 problem going on just prior to VDJ going wrong, VDJ logged the last song at 01:04;

Log Name: System
Source: Service Control Manager
Date: 24/02/2013 01:01:31
Event ID: 7036
Task Category: None
Level: Information
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: Les-PC
Description:
The WinHTTP Web Proxy Auto-Discovery Service service entered the stopped state.
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="Service Control Manager" Guid="{555908d1-a6d7-4695-8e1e-26931d2012f4}" EventSourceName="Service Control Manager" />
<EventID Qualifiers="16384">7036</EventID>
<Version>0</Version>
<Level>4</Level>
<Task>0</Task>
<Opcode>0</Opcode>
<Keywords>0x8080000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2013-02-24T01:01:31.354230300Z" />
<EventRecordID>16705</EventRecordID>
<Correlation />
<Execution ProcessID="476" ThreadID="1592" />
<Channel>System</Channel>
<Computer>Les-PC</Computer>
<Security />
</System>

Don't have an internet connection at my gig BTW.

发表时间 Tue 26 Feb 13 @ 6:27 pm
Hmmm, I wonder if that's got anything to do with the VDJ internet connection (Netsearch, music groups etc.) or even the wifi remote connection? Was/is that all turned off in your VDJ config?

发表时间 Tue 26 Feb 13 @ 6:52 pm
Interesting, that could be it as the internet is not turned off. No internet available at the location in the building, maybe it's polling looking for one.

Will disable it this weekend.

发表时间 Wed 27 Feb 13 @ 8:24 pm
It's a bit daft that it should affect the loading of videos though....

发表时间 Thu 28 Feb 13 @ 7:21 am
After using computers since 1979 and have an HND with Distinction in Computer Studies, B.A. in Data Processing, teaching Computer Programming, etc., etc., I've seen a lot of weird things involving computers. Nothing surprises me these days (still got some 8" floppys lying around somewhere lol).

发表时间 Thu 28 Feb 13 @ 1:37 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)