快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: Latency issue help please!

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Hi,

My laptop has specs way above the recommended settings for the software, these are:

Windows 8
8GB RAM
AMD A8 Vision processor (equivelant to an intel i5)

My laptop has the power settings set to high performance,

Virtual DJ's performance settings are on Safe Mode

I have about 2 background programs running.

The problem isnt in the sound card as I only have this issue on Virtual DJ, not with iTunes or youtube etc.

What else is there I can do?!?!

发表时间 Sat 02 Feb 13 @ 12:46 pm

发表时间 Sat 02 Feb 13 @ 1:20 pm
I already have, but it's still occurring :(

Please help!

发表时间 Sat 02 Feb 13 @ 1:25 pm
If you need low latency, buy a low latency sound card (one with ASIO support).

Doesn't matter how powerful your PC is, built in sound is only designed for consumer use, not pro audio.

发表时间 Sat 02 Feb 13 @ 8:17 pm
Nope, i'm now using the conttroller's (Gemini Cntrl 7) which shold surely be perfectly adequate, and it's STILL crackling slightly :/

发表时间 Sun 03 Feb 13 @ 10:32 am
Uncheck "SafeMode"

发表时间 Sun 03 Feb 13 @ 10:35 am
Tried that, as well as trying 1ms 2ms and 5ms latency - 5 seems to be too much and its still cracking after i mix for about 10 minutes

发表时间 Sun 03 Feb 13 @ 11:16 am
Set VDJ to auto and only change the controllers latency. If you have them at different numbers VDJ will get confused (for lack of a better term). Post some screen shots it makes this a lot easier for us to help you........

发表时间 Sun 03 Feb 13 @ 11:19 am
I can't find an attach button on here or paste screenshots into the message. Am I doing something wrong?

I've tried it on Auto however I can't find where to change the controller latency - also I had the same problem without the controller.

Thanks all!

发表时间 Sun 03 Feb 13 @ 11:28 am
Use imageshake or something.......... Peep the picture

发表时间 Sun 03 Feb 13 @ 11:43 am
There won't be anywhere to change the latency of the controller. It's not an ASIO device, so it doesn't use dedicated drivers (which is where those settings would be).

You also won't get 1, 2 or 5ms latency performance from it - again, because it's not a low latency device.

Audio interfaces that don't require ASIO drivers and just run from Windows WDM won't (usually) give the same type of performance as devices that are designed for low latency and use ASIO.

发表时间 Sun 03 Feb 13 @ 11:50 am
aajlivePRO InfinityMember since 2014
Chemhistorian wrote :
Nope, i'm now using the conttroller's (Gemini Cntrl 7) which shold surely be perfectly adequate, and it's STILL crackling slightly :/

I purchased the mxr14 about 3 weeks ago but would not use it publicly until I figure out the crackling noise coming out.
If you have one of these, I found that if you turn off the headphones in options and the auto-load headphone feature, there is no more
popping or anything.

So I'm guessing they are fighting against each other, so if your soundcard comes with its own headphone output, turn off the ones inside the program, but on sound setup pick the feature with the output and headphone picture.

this works for me and I have a old computer running windows 7. I'm wide open now!!hopes this works for some of you.

发表时间 Mon 08 Apr 13 @ 11:37 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)