快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: midi clock ? MIDI_CLOCK

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

i searched and didn't really find what i was looking for, so here i am again.

i have a controller with some LEDs that will blink/sync to the midi clock... i'm not really seeing much about this in the wiki or anything in regards to paramaters or if the MIDI_CLOCK needs to be setup in the device.xml, i viewed the simple midi wrapper mapping and its got MIDI_CLOCK ON but i'm unable to view its device .xml to kind of reverse engineer what i'm wanting to do.

if anyone has insite on setting up midi controllers and how to set the midi clock up with the sync/beat (i guess is what im looking for) please let me know, thanks

cheers

发表时间 Fri 01 Feb 13 @ 1:11 pm

发表时间 Fri 01 Feb 13 @ 1:16 pm
i didn't really get much info out of that thread, just alot of people complaining about mac support. if i missed something do tell please

cheers

发表时间 Fri 01 Feb 13 @ 1:40 pm
If the LEDs blink to MIDI clock, then surely you just need to send the MIDI clock?

发表时间 Fri 01 Feb 13 @ 4:17 pm
groovindj wrote :
If the LEDs blink to MIDI clock, then surely you just need to send the MIDI clock?

yeah thats what i thought too, in the mapping i just "typed" for the key "MIDI_CLOCK" and tried "on" and "blink" just to see if it did anything, but im thinking i need to type something up in my device.xml i just don't know what or how to start

thanks for everyones help, always friendly here

cheers

发表时间 Sat 02 Feb 13 @ 8:54 am
All the details you need are in the thread already mentioned.

You can't just type something into the mapper area. It's a registry entry.

发表时间 Sat 02 Feb 13 @ 9:38 am
well i used the registry tool to "enable" midiclock with my controller but still didn't get any response from the LEDs, maybe i need to look more into the controller. worth a shot i guess

thanks for your help

发表时间 Sun 03 Feb 13 @ 4:15 pm
I still have yet to see it working...... I'd lime to see a setup video made by VDJ cause I don't think it works yet.

发表时间 Mon 04 Feb 13 @ 11:05 am
Yes, it does work.

In the thread mentioned, I posted my results trying it with with both a virtual link (to other s/w) and and a real link to external hardware.

发表时间 Mon 04 Feb 13 @ 11:22 am
can you recommend a way for me to test it? i used the registry tool

发表时间 Mon 04 Feb 13 @ 2:36 pm
You'll need to tell me what MIDI hardware or software (besides VDJ) you've got.

Also (for hardware) if you've got a MIDI interface.

发表时间 Tue 05 Feb 13 @ 8:47 am
midi fighter spectra

发表时间 Tue 05 Feb 13 @ 12:53 pm
Ah, OK.

I very much doubt that'll respond to MIDI clock. It's just a controller - a bunch of buttons.

Normally you'd send MIDI clock to something that you want to run in sync with VDJ, such as a drum machine, sampler, other software etc.

You'll have to check with DJTT to see if it can receive MIDI clock, but I shouldn't think so. There's no reason it'd need to.

发表时间 Tue 05 Feb 13 @ 2:56 pm
How about an Audio 8 to a drum machine??

发表时间 Tue 05 Feb 13 @ 5:01 pm
Yeah, that should work. The Audio 8 has a MIDI output DIN socket, so you should be able to select that as the destination in the VDJ registry tool, under the MIDI clock sending section.

发表时间 Tue 05 Feb 13 @ 5:34 pm
I've tried it before and it didn't work so I just used my mixer, the part that sucked about that was I have to tap the beat. Did what I wanted it to though, lol! Looks like I'll have to dust off the old drum machine and give it another go.

发表时间 Tue 05 Feb 13 @ 7:36 pm
it apears to work with ableton, its got LEDs on the bottom that flash with the beat. its not like the classic style. i know these controllers seem "basic" but sometimes you don't need anything super fancy, just some extra buttons can help you accomplish alot, especially when there are 16 on top w/4 banks and 3 on left & right side per bank. you can get alot done with 76 buttons, not to mention the hidden combo notes, wide range of LEDs while off & pressed.

发表时间 Tue 05 Feb 13 @ 9:49 pm
Well like I say, you should contact DJTT and find out how it's being done.

发表时间 Wed 06 Feb 13 @ 6:30 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)