快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: '???' is not a valid short name.

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Hello.

I have a problem trying to install VirtualDJ Pro Full 7.3.

The error I get is 'DOCUMENTS' is not a valid short name, and I presume I get this error because I don't use the default folder for My Documents.

Checking the windows logs, it reports as a 1325 error. And trying to uninstall the old version (7.0.4) I get the same error. I am currently looking around why this is happening. I can't remember if I changed the default folder for My Documents (I hate having everything on C: if windows crashs) before or after I installed VirtualDJ.

Okey... Seems like it's the 7.0.4 uninstaller that doesn't know what it's doing. I can also see that I have infact changed the default folder for My Documents before installing VirtualDJ, but now I can't get it uninstalled.

发表时间 Sun 20 Jan 13 @ 6:17 am
Download the registry tools and change the home folder location to where your VirtualDJ documents folder is and try again.

Keith

发表时间 Sun 20 Jan 13 @ 8:06 am
Thanks kradcliffe, but I fixed it just before you posted it.

As you mentioned, changing the documents home folder fixed it.

The next time I install it I will use a fixed location (Custom installation) instead of relying on Windows' %variables%, even tho in the Registry and install logs, the path was correct.

发表时间 Sun 20 Jan 13 @ 8:10 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)