快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: PC Problem after using VDJ

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

S1eveControlleristMember since 2013
Hi all,

I have just purchased a American Audio VMS4.1 which came with VDJ LE which all seems to work ok while I have been familiarising myself with it, My problem occurs after using my controller.
When I have finished and turned off my controller and closed VDJ nothing will play on Windows media player, even if I change profiles on the PC, Also when I come to shut down the PC it takes a very long time to shut down and it kind of "times out" and restarts with the option of starting in safe mode. When I restart there is a message about recovering from an unexpected shutdown but media player works fine again and everything else seems fine.
PC is a laptop running Windows 7

Thanks in advance,
Steve M

发表时间 Sun 13 Jan 13 @ 4:49 pm
This may be because Windows has set the VMS4.1 as its default audio device.

Simply connect the VMS4.1 to your computer, go to Control Panel -> Sound and change the default playback & recording devices back to your computer's own built-in sound card (VirtualDJ doesn't need the VMS4.1 to be the default Windows audio device for it to work.)

If you are unsure how to do this, please search Google for: windows set default audio device

发表时间 Mon 14 Jan 13 @ 5:35 am
Thank you very much, will give it a try and report back soon
Steve.

发表时间 Mon 14 Jan 13 @ 1:00 pm
That seems to have sorted it out, Thank you very much!!
Steve M

发表时间 Mon 14 Jan 13 @ 3:45 pm
This seems to have reappeared with built in sound card selected. I can log off one user profile profile and go to another with pc working fine, Its just when I shutdown the previous issues arise,
Thanks in advance,
Steve.

发表时间 Sun 21 Jul 13 @ 11:01 am
Do you always connect the VMS4 to the same USB port?

发表时间 Tue 23 Jul 13 @ 2:49 pm
Yes I usually use the same one.

发表时间 Mon 29 Jul 13 @ 4:12 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
S1eve wrote :
Hi all,

I have just purchased a American Audio VMS4.1 which came with VDJ LE which all seems to work ok while I have been familiarising myself with it, My problem occurs after using my controller.
When I have finished and turned off my controller and closed VDJ nothing will play on Windows media player, even if I change profiles on the PC, Also when I come to shut down the PC it takes a very long time to shut down and it kind of "times out" and restarts with the option of starting in safe mode. When I restart there is a message about recovering from an unexpected shutdown but media player works fine again and everything else seems fine.
PC is a laptop running Windows 7

Thanks in advance,
Steve M

That is not a VDJ problem.
That is a common known issue of the VMS4.1 drivers.
Shortly after the controller came out I reported that bug to the AA support.

The official answere was like the following statement:

Due to the very complexe drivers of the VMS4.1 we (the support) recommend the following procedure to avoid the bug:

1. turn on the VMS
2. turn on the PC
3. start VDJ
(after finishing playing with VDJ)
4. close VDJ
5. shutdown PC
6. turn off VMS

That way the driver will not crash and you PC will not hang or behave strange.
Unfortunately so far AA was not able to provide a better and stable driver for their VMS :(

发表时间 Wed 31 Jul 13 @ 5:27 am
I don't see anything unusual in that startup/shutdown order. That's really the way you should be doing it anyway, with any hardware.

发表时间 Wed 31 Jul 13 @ 6:00 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Sure, but with the VMS 4.1 point 5 and 6 are essential that you do it this way.
Otherwise your PC will not shutdown and you have to turn it off by longpress the hardware button.

I don't have any issues with other hardware if I turn them off before shutting down the pc.

发表时间 Wed 31 Jul 13 @ 7:43 am
Thats great, will try that.
I was wondering if there should be a procedure like that but I haven't seen any thing.
I will post back here what happens.

发表时间 Wed 31 Jul 13 @ 3:47 pm
This seems to work, Thank you for your advice, much appreciated :)

发表时间 Sat 03 Aug 13 @ 12:47 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)