快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: Freezes after 'add to search db"

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

When using external hard drive with my karaoke on, if i click through the individual discs, everything works.
When I click on add to search db, either by individual group(Sunfly,Easy etc) or entire collection, it will freeze on me. It will not read any of the discs or let me "config" either.
Its a Seagate 500gb .
I have noticed that in Browser, either in that hard drive or another one I use for music, it never shows up on drive...just the root. Is that common?
The drive I use for my music seems to load ok, but not oter one with karaoke.
Hopefully you'll understand this, lol

发表时间 Fri 11 Jan 13 @ 7:06 am
Are they zipped file?. And if so, how are they organised on disk (Physical folder structure)?

If you have too many ZIP's within the same folder as each other, then this will cause problems with the ZIP decoder on Mac and as a result, it will not display any further zipped files until restarted. Please see http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/I%20am%20unable%20to%20play%20my%20karaoke%20files%20or%20they%20do%20not%20show%20in%20the%20browser.html

Also, trying to add large numbers of ZIP files in one go to the database may cause the same issue (VIrtualDJ has to open and decompress the ZIP for each file to read the files within it, which as a result will also be much slower than adding unzipped files.) If your karaoke is organised into folders by vendor disc ID (E.g: Sunfly/SF123) then try adding each folder individually in turn (Do them in order, so that you can take a break when needed and resume from where you left off easily.)

Also, where have these files come from? It's possible that there might be corrupted files in your collection that are contributing to the problem.

Make sure that there are no problems with the external hard disk itself (Perform a check on it and scan it for bad sectors.) Make sure that you also have a backup of all your music and karaoke collection (You should already be doing this regularly as a matter of course.) Please see http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Backup%20your%20music%20collection.html

发表时间 Fri 11 Jan 13 @ 7:22 am
I appreciate your response. however its not helping me run karaoke on my Mac.
I removed over 50% of karaoke discs from drive and removed the rest into individual songs and not not discs. Although they are still all zipped. I cant find a way to unzip a collection of songs. It only unzips individually.
I already spent 4 hours last night trying to make it easier for vdj to read files but it froze again this morning.
I cant see a way i can run vdj7 with my karaoke which I previously used to do with vdj5.I now have to take another (windows) laptop out if i do karaoke which has no problems reading the drive. Very disappointed.

Could you let me know while in browser it never reads the hard drive i have.It only reads root?

发表时间 Sat 12 Jan 13 @ 7:20 am
It's having too many ZIP's in the same folder that normally causes this issue on Mac. Until you resolve this, you will still have problems.

You can batch unzip all the files - Search Google for: mac batch unzip (There's no need to have them zipped nowadays unless you are extremely short on disk space.)

Alternatively, you could install BootCamp on your Mac instead and run Windows on it.

In the browser, it will read the folder that you have clicked on. If that folder happens to contains hundreds of ZIP's then it will cause the issue.

NOTE: VDJ 5 on Mac would have the same problem too. It's the MacOS ZIP decoder library that causes the problem.

发表时间 Sat 12 Jan 13 @ 4:31 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)