快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: Karaoke Videos in MP4 format

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

SupaconPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I have been downloading some karaoke songs from ERG Music that come in MP4 video format.
Of course, Virtual DJ flags the songs as videos when they are actually karaoke songs. Since it makes sense that videos can also be karaoke songs, is there some way to manually change the flag in the VirtualDJ database to 32 whereby VirtualDJ will list the song as a karaoke file with the appropriate icon and such? This would be rad.

I can go and manually edit the XML to change the flag from 64 to 32 which temporarily has this effect except:
a) This a major pain in the ass
b) it's dangerous and can't really be done mid-gig
and
c) It gets reset to a video format as soon as you try to play the song.

Some option to go into the file info and change the type to karaoke would be extremely helpful for this. If anyone has figured out a solution for this issue, I would appreciate hearing about it.

发表时间 Tue 13 Nov 12 @ 6:13 pm
Just do name your file

Singer - Whatever (Karaoke).mp4

when you search for it, just type Singer (karaoke) and it will show up.

Doubt what you ask for is gonna happen. How can the program tell the diff of the MP4 file?

Maybe from the TAG if it's possible.

发表时间 Tue 13 Nov 12 @ 7:43 pm
Sorry, this isn't currently possible. VirtualDJ has no way of knowing whether a video file is karaoke or not and this cannot currently be forced manually in the database. Currently, only MP3+G format files will be considered karaoke by VirtualDJ.

However, it might be possible to add a manual setting per file in a future version of VirtualDJ to be able to force this in the database (Via right-click -> FileInfo)

Please ask in the wishes & new features forum.

For now, the best solution would be to put all your video karaoke on a separate external drive. Then when you are not doing karaoke, simply don't connect the drive and you will not see the karaoke files in the results. Also, you could add '(Karaoke)' to the comment to help you distinguish it in the search results. You can also make filter folders to show videos and karaoke based on this.

发表时间 Tue 13 Nov 12 @ 7:52 pm
SupaconPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Thanks. I know this is a somewhat obscure feature request, but it would be pretty handy for those who need it (especially since, apparently, online muysic vendors are selling karaoke as video files these days).

发表时间 Tue 13 Nov 12 @ 11:25 pm
With the new search in 7.3 what you could do is name the folder karaokevideo, enable the search to use your folder paths, then type in "songname" (whatever the song name is) and karaokevideo (should look like 'folsom prison blues karaokevideo') and the new search engine pops it up nicely. This couldn't be done in any previous version but the latest version is a dream!

发表时间 Sun 18 Nov 12 @ 4:08 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)