快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: Question about running ns7fx with virtual dj?

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

siblueHome userMember since 2007
Hey guys I would really appreciate some iinput for those running the numark ns7fx with virtual dj, am real intrested in buying virtual dj to run on my ns7fx because am not happy with the amount of features serato itch has.. But Ive heard from numerous ppl saying they have issuse with the volume overall that they constantly have to adjust the gain that the volume seems to be unstable?? Am running a pc Asus laptop w/ i7 processor and 8GB of memory and high spec video card so i have good computer i just wanna know if I buy it am not gonna have those problems thanks!!.

发表时间 Tue 13 Nov 12 @ 12:44 am
I've been using a NS7FX for about two years with VDJ and it always worked well. The latest version 7.3 produces even better sound quality. I've never had a problem with volume other than a few bad tracks, but theres tweaks within the program to regulate volume.
When mixing I just watch the LED meters to ensure I'm even, I've never seen a consistent volume through a 4 - 5 hour gig. Every track is mixed / produced differently and its just part of the job to control volumes.

What model Asus are you using, a G75? I'm curious because of the USB3's, which I've read can be an issue with controllers.

发表时间 Tue 13 Nov 12 @ 5:14 am
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
I have an Asus desktop with win7 64 bit, i5 3.2 ghz processor, upgraded power supply (OEM was crap), 8 gig ram and Nvidia 9800GT 1 gig video card. I have run VDJ 7.05b (now 7.3) running video with the NS7FX. USB 3 has not caused an issue for me. This system has been running for about 2 years as well and I just can't bring myself to use Itch.

Volume, I agree, it varries from track to track. Most of the people complaing I think are running in Automix mode. The real mixers of the site will all say that CDs, etc all vary. Regulating the volume just needs to be done sometimes. But not every track like some make it out to be...

PM me your email and I can send you the screen shots of my settings. There is a registry tool that allows you to get your scratch latency down closer to Itch. That is the only appeal about Itch to me, the scratch response is much better than VDJ. But with my tweaks I am running very good and have a very stable history with it.

发表时间 Tue 13 Nov 12 @ 8:19 am
@ DJECoast : Am actually using the Asus G73Jh labtop which is a couple years old which I believe has the 1st generation i7 processor and has ATI Radeon HD5870 and just has usb 2, its a beast i love it. Thanks for the input!! I downloaded the free version of VDJ but its only lets me use my ns7fx to controller for a lil bit and its not enough for me to test and feel comfortable about buying it. So your using 7.3 and not 7.05?

@ DHoude Am a lil confused I believe the lastest version out is 7.05 correct? but you guys are saying the older 7.3 works better for the ns7fx?? Yea i feel you i actually bought serato video to use with itch and was disapointed it still needs work and actually vdj seems to have more features that i can use, the worst is the fx effect on itch stink... And thank you

发表时间 Tue 13 Nov 12 @ 2:01 pm
Up till Sunday 7.05b was the last stable version. I have used that version for about a year with 0 issue.

7.3 is the latest and greatest. Just released Sunday. No matter what version you have, you can always get the latest for free! Even major versions.

Side note, I re made all my maps and skin to work flawlessly AND give you 4 deck control. Try that with the S word! You will have acess to all those maps and skins on the other side (going pro).

I figured the Video from Serato would not be upto par yet. If you are in the CT area, you can always try mine... Long story short, I am very demanding and this is by far the best choice for DJing. Only question that I have is what is the processor speed of your laptop? Bare min should be 2.4 ghz (no turbo boost). This is important, VDJ and the NS7 are allot more sensitive to that min spec (from Numark) than Itch was. i7 processor is irrelevant, trust me I owned one and went through allot of headachs because it was 1.7 ghz (2.8 turbo).

Also, if you can tell us what your specific questions are, we can probably answer those as well. Had a rocky start with my rig. 6 months of trail and error. I love it now and would not have it any other way.

发表时间 Tue 13 Nov 12 @ 4:42 pm

发表时间 Tue 13 Nov 12 @ 7:40 pm
@ DHoude

Oh ok my mistake for some reason i was thinking 7.3 came before 7.05b duh my mistake glad to hear that!! I live in Oregon but thanks tho!! I went and double check my Asus is only 1.6 Ghz :( But everything thing else meets the min. specs the computer it self works great, so its really that big a deal uh.... no bueno

发表时间 Wed 14 Nov 12 @ 12:09 am
Well, how I tested it was play one deck and load a track on the other. Back or forward spin (fast) on the second deck in your headphones but only listen to the sound quality comming out of the main speakers.

If you get static, break up or distortion, you will need to raise the latency. I found this to be the most agressive test to run. If you are not scratching, etc low latency is not as big an issue. I wanted to learn, that is why most even get this controler.

I also found that if you turn keylock off, you can lower that latency a little more too. I run keylock on though.

Not sure if home free lets you set the latency of your sound card, but on my PC, I can't get it below 256. But you set it under ASIO config on the sound card page ONLY. That will bring up the NS 7 control panel. Leave the latency slider bar on the other set up window set to Auto.

What I have seen with multi core processors is that Windows manages the cores. It does not use more than 1 if it does not see a heavy work load. I never really pegged 1core on any of the 6 PCs that I tried before setteling on the one I currently have, so I still see all my work done on 1 core. If you think about all the extra data that this controller passes, the computer needs to process it all extremely fast. So that core needs to be as fast as possible to get latency down.

Tables sping and report time vs angle
Then software knows how fast or slow to play the track
Then everything is sent back to the board to play

I think it is the first extra step that is not on any other controler that I know of... That being said, I think you can turn it to 33 rpm and lower some of this chatter to help. This is only a small tweak that I have tried, with no real proof that it does anything.

Last get "DPC latency checker" Google it. It is free tool that tells you how busy your computer is. the lower the score, the better you are. Either way you computer will work, I am just demanding for low latency, 0 distortion and top notch quality. So these test should help show you where the weak points may be so that you can fix them or decide if the move is right for you.

Sent from mobile device, sorry for spelling..

发表时间 Wed 14 Nov 12 @ 5:59 am
@siblue you do know about the new Serato DJ software, and that it's a free upgrade for Itch users, right?

NS7 support isn't until spring 2013 but it won't cost you anything, and it has FX by iZotope.

发表时间 Wed 14 Nov 12 @ 11:00 am
The maping, skins, video and possibilities here are endless...

发表时间 Wed 14 Nov 12 @ 3:47 pm
@ DHoude - Thank you so much the info!! It will really help if I decide togo pro I know i cant expect the program to work 100% I just wanna make sure its gonna be realible and sound good.

@ groovindj I actually went on the serato site the other day and didnt really pay attention to what it was untill i went and read up on it sounds good especially since the current fx effect for itch suck!! So the new Serato DJ sounds good but i dont wanna wait till next year ugh
-_- the only thing i dont get is why not just continue making itch better instead of starting a all new thing?

发表时间 Wed 14 Nov 12 @ 5:47 pm
Stable as a rock man, you won't be let down. Let me know when you are ready.

发表时间 Wed 14 Nov 12 @ 8:01 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)