快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: Alesis IO2 Setup help please

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

tnjedgtPRO InfinityMember since 2012
streaming_DJ wrote :

Anyone have any luck setting this up with headphones? I recently got one and it works great, but I am trying to setup headphone cue with no luck. I am plugging in directly via USB and it picks up the tracks, volume and all. Just no luck with any settings yet splitting the cue.....

Maybe it is b/c all I have is IDT high def codec? But this is a pretty new (<1 yr laptop) with Windows 7 and so I am hoping its tech enuff. I am not sure if that can be split correctly with VDJ CONFIG tho so.....

Thanks in advance aaaaand you rock if you can help,
jed

发表时间 Fri 26 Oct 12 @ 11:13 am
It's only a 2 channel (1 stereo) sound card, so you cannot use it for separate master and headphone pre-listening (Unless you use the mono split option, which would only give you MONO sound.)

For master+headphones, you need a sound card with at least 4 outputs (2 stereo) such as Numark DJIO, Hercules DJ Trim, etc.

Alternatively, you could use it and your laptop's sound card in a 2 sound card setup, however this may give you sound issues if the two cards are have different sample/bit rates/latency.

发表时间 Fri 26 Oct 12 @ 11:24 am
tnjedgtPRO InfinityMember since 2012
It looks like the Numark DJIO/Hercules Trim options are better/different than what I got, even though the box "looks" similar. The Alesis even has an option for stereo/mono, but trying these with different options in VDJ doesn't seem to be splitting the headphone/master being output.

May try to find a djio to try and see if it is able to split better, presumably with some extra 4.1 or ASIO related components inside? Cool, thanks for the info.....lots to learn

发表时间 Mon 29 Oct 12 @ 12:08 pm
The Alesis only has 2 channel (1 stereo) and as previously advised isn't suitable for separate DJ master/headphones use.

Its onboard headphone monitoring function allows you to listen to the same output as the main outputs only. This won't work with mono split if you are plugging directly into its onboard headphone socket. To use this option, you must plug your headphones into the R main output on the back and your speakers into the L main output (This will only give you MONO sound.)

DJIO and similar cards designed for DJ'ing differ in the fact that they have 4 (or more) outputs (2 stereo) - So, on board the DJIO there is capability of outputting your master in stereo via the RCA on the back and your headphones separately in stereo via the headphone socket.

发表时间 Mon 29 Oct 12 @ 1:06 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)