快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: Reloop Terminal 4 with timecode vinyl?

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Hi all
I'm yet to take the leap with any full software (waiting to see what 8 has vs Traktor) or new hardware
the VCI-400 looks awesome, but is pricey
so I'm looking into the Reloop T4

Does anyone use it with timecode vinyl and VDJ?
I see it has an input for one deck, but I'm not sure if that can be used for timecode vinyl, or if that has to be separate?

Thanks
T

发表时间 Wed 10 Oct 12 @ 10:26 am
I don't believe it will, you should go with the Jockey 3. It has a stand a lone mixer and will work with timecodes. Also check out the Stanton DJC.4, it will work with timecodes as well and is feature packed for the price......

发表时间 Wed 10 Oct 12 @ 4:06 pm

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I've seen a great video of that one in action with timecodes
The trouble is, I want some of the other features of the Terminal Mix 4 :o)
It comes with a special edition of VDJ, which has a nice skin (in my view), but I don't know what that's capable of.

Sorry if I'm thick about how timecodes work, but I have a USB Maya 44 soundcard.
Would I be able to plug my turntable (Technics 1210) into that?
ie. can timecodes be used with the Reloop T4 if handled separately vie a soundcard??

(Once I've set on the controller, I'd then be happy to upgrade software from the free versions if necessary).

Thanks for help and advice

发表时间 Thu 11 Oct 12 @ 4:54 am
If you upgrade to the full VirtualDJ Pro (There is a discount from VirtualDJ LE for Reloop Terminal Mix 4), then you can use your Maya44 instead of the sound card built into Terminal Mix 4. This will allow you to use timecode and you can also still use the Terminal Mix 4 as a MIDI controller at the same time.

发表时间 Thu 11 Oct 12 @ 5:00 am
the TM4 offers an input to run 1 timecode through if you upgrade to Pro, but you can probably run another through the Microphone input using VDJ Pro's Advanced sound setup.

发表时间 Thu 11 Oct 12 @ 5:59 am
Mic input will not work for timecode because it's only mono. A stereo signal is required for timecode. The signal level will also be wrong.

The best option is to use your existing Maya44 USB.

发表时间 Thu 11 Oct 12 @ 6:01 am

Thanks all.
I must have read 50 reviews of the Reloop T4 in the last week and not one mentions that it's possible to run a timecode in the way you describe. Several people have been asking in the comments, but there are usually no replies.
That's very good to know!
Presumably I could test it out using a trial version to make sure I can figure it out before upgrading?
The Maya 44 has only line inputs not phono so I'd worry that the signal would be too weak for using with timecodes in that way.

None of the reviews mentioned the discount for upgrading VDJ LE to pro either - also very good to know.

I think it's crazy that several articles criticise the Reloop T4 for not coming with Pro software, but personally why would someone want to pay for Traktor included if they want to use VDJ Pro. People should be able to pay and choose for the software they want.

Thanks guys for the help. I pity those who say VDJ is not up there with Traktor etc!

发表时间 Thu 11 Oct 12 @ 9:54 am
The Maya will work just fine.........that's what it's made for, lol!!

P.S.
I still say quit messing around with having to use multiple soundcards and get the Reloop Jockey 3 or go with the Stanton DJC.4.........

发表时间 Thu 11 Oct 12 @ 11:10 am
I have used the maya for ever and it works .. I have spend a lot of cash finding what I like.. the thing about time code on vynal is that it wears out real fast as im always lifting the needle.. I have used , ttx usb, stanton, tech and more. I even once set up one of each as i had a delta 66 and maya at the same time. I have even tried a ten in and ten out card too and had all kinds of stuff hooked into it.. the thing about going into a controler using the player is you have the effects at the finger tips . the show is all show now.. I love scratching videos and stuff. Now im working on designing the apc 40 to load all effects and in version 8 its going to be a show stopper. One of the things i Like in here is that day time there is someone to help and can remote set up things if need be. I also respect that once you buy it , its always free to load the new version.I cant tell you how many versions in clubs i had set up and had to redoo as djs wanted different things. If you need help its here.. check out the rmx as the controler is cheap and comes with virt and also has a on the face source button.. you are just touching the tip of what we are doing. I have a lot of respect for the community as they are always helping me with programing. respect to you all..

发表时间 Thu 11 Oct 12 @ 3:54 pm
Thanks for the further comments. As others have said, VDJ is great for updates and forum help.
That's what I love about other software that I've stuck with such as Synapse Audio Orion.

Good to hear that the Maya works - I wasn't sure if the levels would be too low as it's line in rather than phone in?

As for the other controllers, yes, I see your points. Thing is, I want a 4 channel mixer more than I want the vinyl time code.
It's tricky deciding since the cost of controller and software is a big impact for me.

发表时间 Tue 16 Oct 12 @ 6:24 am
Holy Thread Resurection Batman! but did you actually get the TM4 in the end.

I am interested in a similar set up for my TM2 using Rane CV02 vinyls through an NI Audio 6 andwondered if it would work and if the midi functions on the TM still work.

The TM2 should be able to handle the 2 extra decks as there are buttons to switch to decks 3 and 4.

发表时间 Wed 20 Feb 13 @ 10:02 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)