快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: DJ-Tech MIX-101 - Page: 1

由于该帖子的部分内容已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Has anyone got one of these working with VDJ and Vista please? I don't need anything more than just the basic functions it provides so looked a cheap and simple option.

It seems to crash VDJ Pro every time on loading or plugging in after VDJ is running. Tried with a powered USB hub incase that was the problem but no difference.

Thanks
Roy

发表时间 Fri 05 Oct 12 @ 7:08 am
Solution: Plug it in before running VDJ!

发表时间 Fri 05 Oct 12 @ 7:40 am
Tried that too. And having it plugged in before starting the laptop.

VDJ loading splash screen gets to 'Installing extrnal devices' and stops. Any click on the software comes up as 'not responding' etc.

The midi trace application shows that the device is there and communicating.

发表时间 Fri 05 Oct 12 @ 8:01 am

发表时间 Fri 05 Oct 12 @ 8:05 am
Tested on an XP Pro machine and at least VDJ loads. But can't do anything within the contoller setup as the actions don't show up so can't map it manually. Relectant to shell out for Windows 7 if it doesn't work in XP

Do I just give up on this, or is there a solution out there somewhere?

发表时间 Fri 05 Oct 12 @ 8:20 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
The MIX-101 from DJ-Tech does not have native support in VirtualDJ.

You will need to use the Simple MIDI mapper to map the controls of the unit to VirtualDJ.

发表时间 Fri 05 Oct 12 @ 10:55 am
cstoll wrote :
The MIX-101 from DJ-Tech does not have native support in VirtualDJ.

That wouldn't make VDJ crash though.......would it?

cstoll wrote :
You will need to use the Simple MIDI mapper to map the controls of the unit to VirtualDJ.

He's saying he can't map it because "the actions don't show up".

I reckon it's either faulty or you need a new USB cable.

发表时间 Fri 05 Oct 12 @ 11:56 am
Just a clarification on some symptoms...

If I have VDJ running and plug in the controller, VDJ freezes rather than crashes. Unplugging immediately frees up the software again.

If I have the controller plugged in, VDJ will halt and eventually crash during the load sequence. So, as per the previous posters comments, I can't get to the config screen.

I have tried a different usb cable and a powered usb hub too.

发表时间 Fri 05 Oct 12 @ 1:20 pm
@roygough ---

You said you were trying to use the controller on a machine with Vista as the operating system.

You were given explanation on why you might be having problems in that environment.

You said you tried in XP and it did not 'crash' or 'freeze' VirtualDJ.

But in XP it was not mapped. And you are reluctant to upgrade to Windows 7 if it wouldn't work there.

I explained why it is not mapped - because it is not natively supported. And told you what you would need to use in order to make it work.

So, where is the disconnect in this conversation?

发表时间 Fri 05 Oct 12 @ 10:31 pm
My last answer was to groovindj's suggestions.

cstoll...

I know that there isn't a ready made map for it in VDJ but it won't let me map it in XP manually either.

I was simply trying to see if anyone out there has actually managed to find a solution for it before I take it back for a refund.

发表时间 Sat 06 Oct 12 @ 3:08 am
OK, I threw this together based on information found in other software. DJ-Tech does not have any documenation out there about this unit that is helpful.

http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/15257/DJ-Tech_MIX-101.html

Some immediate things --

1. I don't expect it to find the unit, but if you can get me the following info then it will help ..
--- What is the name as shown in the Device Manager under Sound, video, game controllers?
--- If you right click and select Properties on the unit in the Device Manager; go to the Details tab, then select Hardware IDs from the drop-down; what is showing as the first entry (you can right-click, copy, then paste it back here)

2. The mappings - again because using another software's configuration - I can not guarantee that the mappings are correct to the controller.
But if you download our MIDI trace tool then that will help and give us a tool to work with - http://www.virtualdj.com/download/miditrace.exe

So, let me know what you find out ...

发表时间 Sat 06 Oct 12 @ 10:17 am
Thanks for helping.

This is the info from Device Manager on the Vista Laptop

Mix-101

USB\VID_200C&PID_0006&REV_0024&MI_00
USB\VID_200C&PID_0006&MI_00

As you forecast, VDJ doesn't see the controller and I have to untick 'Show only connected controllers'

Good news is that, once I had installed the mapping you provided, the software no longer freezes.

I have the trace tool installed. What info would you like me to get from it?

Just another point. The controller has a small pot aon the back which is Midi Out and is from 1 to 8 Channels. I have tried various points on the scale with no effect. Is it important to set that correctly?

发表时间 Sun 07 Oct 12 @ 5:00 pm
As a postscript to the last message, I seem to remember that I got some info in the left hand panes of the the tracking tool when I highlighted the Mix-101 on the right uper and lower windows. This time I got nothing.....?

发表时间 Sun 07 Oct 12 @ 5:07 pm
Download the installer again and run it to update the files.

roygough wrote :
Just another point. The controller has a small pot aon the back which is Midi Out and is from 1 to 8 Channels. I have tried various points on the scale with no effect. Is it important to set that correctly?

Make sure it is to the MIDI 1 position (far left I think).

roygough wrote :
As a postscript to the last message, I seem to remember that I got some info in the left hand panes of the the tracking tool when I highlighted the Mix-101 on the right uper and lower windows. This time I got nothing.....?

You can only run the tool when VirtualDJ (or any other software that can connect to the unit) is not running.

After selecting the unit in both right hand windows - click the send button and see if you get a response?

If not, that is ok. It just means that the unit doesn't use a SysExID to identify itself to the system.

Also, you can use that tool to validate the HEX values I used in the device file. Which is installed to your /My Documents/VirtualDJ/Devices folder.

As you push a button, move a slider, turn a knob or jog - you will see values show up.

发表时间 Sun 07 Oct 12 @ 10:56 pm
Right.

I tried the mixer on one of the Vista laptops last night to look at the trace software again. For the first time all the lights lit up on the device and with the included Deckadance software (can I say that here?) it did what it was supposed to!

Sadly a reboot and it was back to one red light and no action. So I have contacted the supplier and they are sending me another incase it's the device that faulty.

When that arrives, Wednesday I hope, we can resume the testing and hopefully give you some information and feedback to make it work correctly with VDJ. I don't want to use the supplied software as it doesn't handle video and isn't so intuitive as VDJ. It's itunes playlist handling doesn't seem as good either - but I guess you've done a competitive analysis anyway and you know you are streets ahead ;-)

发表时间 Mon 08 Oct 12 @ 10:58 am
OK, I've a replacement controller and this one appears to be functional. Proof is that is works fine with Deckadance on both Vista machines now.

After a Google search I downloaded and installed the latest Realtek audio driver as it's claimed that this has an impact on Midi issues.

Bad news is that the controller freezes VDJ however I try working with it. Plug in before and it freezes on the splash screen, Plug in after and VDJ just freezes full stop. In each case, unplugging frees up VDJ again. Also tried selecting The mapper you provided first too but this had no effect.

The MidiTrace software picks up the device and using the fader produces the following:

B0 23 6A 00
B0 23 6B 00
B0 23 6C 00
B0 23 6E 00
B0 23 6F 00
B0 23 70 00
B0 23 71 00
B0 23 73 00
B0 23 74 00
B0 23 76 00
B0 23 77 00
B0 23 78 00
B0 23 7A 00
B0 23 7B 00
B0 23 7D 00
B0 23 7E 00
B0 23 7F 00

What else would you like from me to help resolve the problem?

Thanks
Roy

发表时间 Sun 14 Oct 12 @ 4:15 pm
Why would you install an Audio driver that claims it has impact on MIDI issues?

What impact does it have?

And why would you install it before even testing your new device ?

发表时间 Mon 15 Oct 12 @ 9:01 am
Sorry required a little more information there..

I had Realtek installed already for the current audio card etc and I updated to the latest version as there were apparently some issues with the earlier one.

发表时间 Mon 15 Oct 12 @ 4:04 pm
groovindj wrote :
I reckon it's either faulty or you need a new USB cable.

roygough wrote :
OK, I've a replacement controller and this one appears to be functional.

Thank you very much!

....and a big fat raspberry to cstoll :-P

ROFL

发表时间 Wed 17 Oct 12 @ 6:25 am
Any further info or suggestions on this please as I will need to return it. Don't want/can't turn to DecaDance due to it's lack of video file support so will have to try and remap the keyboard to an easier setup as an alternative.

Thanks

发表时间 Fri 19 Oct 12 @ 6:27 am
45%