快速登录:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

话题: Ability to use external video decoder

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

acDCukHome userMember since 2007
Currently the only usable option to plaback videos is to use Virtual DJ's build in 'video decoder'. Unfortunately, using this for HD videos mkv/mp4 (720p/1080p) results in much higher CPU usage, and on lower spec machines, causes the playback to be extremely jerky.

Fortunately, there are external codecs available (CoreAVC/CCCP/etc...) which are specifically created for the best performance and therefore a much lower amount of CPU usage.

I would like for the ability to use such external codecs in Virtual DJ so that the playback is not so jerky on lower spec machines.
(see this forum thread for similar scenario http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/125528/General_Discussion/mkv_files_plays_fine_in_Windows_Media_Player__but_not_in_VDJ_with_Windows_MediaPlayer_Video_Decoder.html

发表时间 Thu 12 May 11 @ 10:28 am
acDCuk wrote :
Currently the only usable option to plaback videos is to use Virtual DJ's build in 'video decoder'. Unfortunately, using this for HD videos mkv/mp4 (720p/1080p) results in much higher CPU usage, and on lower spec machines, causes the playback to be extremely jerky.

Fortunately, there are external codecs available (CoreAVC/CCCP/etc...) which are specifically created for the best performance and therefore a much lower amount of CPU usage.

I would like for the ability to use such external codecs in Virtual DJ so that the playback is not so jerky on lower spec machines.
(see this forum thread for similar scenario http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/125528/General_Discussion/mkv_files_plays_fine_in_Windows_Media_Player__but_not_in_VDJ_with_Windows_MediaPlayer_Video_Decoder.html

1.) VDj already allows you to choose which decoder to use..

2.) can you post a link that shows the codecs you mentioned are better then the current codecs?

3.) where are you getting these HD videos from? I would like to try one, as my rackmount system (which is medium spec) has never had any problems playing any type of video..'

发表时间 Fri 13 May 11 @ 2:58 pm
1) Yes, but only the video decoder will playback video files of a HD nature.

2) I took a screenshot of my CPU usage during playback on VDJ, CoreAVC, and CoreAVC with hardware acceleration. The results speak for themselves: http://i54.tinypic.com/206h3zs.jpg

3) The video source itself is not important, but if you would like to try one simply: a) find a YouTube video which offers 1080p playback, b) copy the video URL, c) goto keepvid.com and download the 1080p MP4 version.

发表时间 Wed 31 Aug 11 @ 5:33 pm
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Wow, this looks very impressive on the performance graph. what is the info and links to this codec pack and have you used it with VDJ.?

Thanks,

Joey.....

发表时间 Thu 01 Sep 11 @ 5:53 pm
No doubt! Those are some amazing results, you have peaked my interest.

+1
Huey

发表时间 Thu 01 Sep 11 @ 7:21 pm
http://corecodec.com/products/coreavc is the link to the product itself (its not free), but this is my concern, I want to use it with virtual DJ but i cant because there is no option to use it in the config.

发表时间 Sun 11 Sep 11 @ 12:14 pm
This is a bit misleading. It looks like what it is more than simply a standard codec is a CUDA/DVXA programmed codec which does the same math but uses the graphics chip to render it regardless of board as long as a graphics chip exists that can handle the load. In essence, VDJ already does this by using the graphic hardware acceleration check-box. You're talking about allowing an entirely different video engine to operate the window though it sounds like but I don't see coreavc being the solution to that. Perhaps I'm misunderstanding you. I would like to see the coreavc codec included in the pro package. It'd be a big promotional boost for them and an excellent value in a tier of the product reserved only for the professional djs who are willing to pay for it. Of course, users of lighter distros could always choose to buy it through coreavc or vdj and enable it aftermarket. (hint hint) :) All in all, the idea is certainly worthy. I would like the option of using the video as a wallpaper on the screen (similar to a gforce function) so I don't have to worry about stretching the screen on other windows (my tv for karaoke or videos) and not having that bar around the outside of the window. it sounds like a codec like this would help that kind of process along quite nicely.

sidenote:

i've noticed that playing a lot of hi-res (1080) videos in a row tends to eat up my memory and somehow not release it. a memory manager option for advanced users might be in need to free up ram every so many cycles

发表时间 Tue 27 Sep 11 @ 5:47 pm
https://code.google.com/p/lavfilters/

free best alternative and best video decoder using hardware acceleration of GPU. It supports the intel quick sync as well. This permit to have low cpu usage which permit to improve performance and should also give better recording results

发表时间 Fri 31 May 13 @ 8:17 am
This is an old topic from 2 years ago, and the ability to use certain types of external video decoder have been built into VDJ for a long time now.

发表时间 Fri 31 May 13 @ 6:02 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)