快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: Change playlist directory?

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Is there a way to change the playlist folder location to an external hard drive instead of inside my documents? I want to be able to access my playlists on any computer when using the external hard drive.

thanks!

Jeremy

发表时间 Sun 08 May 11 @ 2:03 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
You can create a Folder in your external HD and manually copy all your Playlists from MyDocuments\VirtualDJ\Playlists. Each time you create a playlist on a computer, you will have to copy that one to your External HD too, as VDJ by default saves Playlists at the Home Folder.

Alternatively, instead of Playlists you could use Virtual Folders which are part of the database xml file, and all infos are saved to the HD that songs are located.

发表时间 Sun 08 May 11 @ 5:32 pm

I thought about doing that and am trying to find a more streamlined process so that when I save and open playlists on VirtualDJ it's always looking to my external hardrive. I figured it'd be some kind of registry edit.

The problem with Virtual Folders in this case is that I want the songs to be in a specific order ie for a dinner, cocktail mix, candlelighting ceremony, or wedding reception songs. I love Virtual folders and use them for many things but they don't work in this scenario.

Thanks for your input tho, I'll probably just have to copy / paste them for now. but if anyone can tell me if there is a way to edit the registry to change the locations, that'd be great!

Thanks!

Jeremy

发表时间 Tue 10 May 11 @ 2:50 pm
I am bumping this to see if anyone who missed it the first time can help.

I would like to keep everything db related to VDJ on my external drive. I am a multi-op and have VDJ on two different computers.

The couple clubs I work also have VDJ. I would like to just need to plug by external into any of those computers and have my history and play lists show up.

Thanks for the help!

发表时间 Fri 15 Jul 11 @ 1:48 pm
I also have this situation. I use multiple computers and need playlists to reside on the hard drive I carry all my songs in. In fact, there should be a selectable option to host ALL VDJ configurations on the hard drive, including effects, transitions, etc. This way you don't have to worry about this mobile situation.

Playlists are the lifeblood of the DJ and need to have numerous features. In addition to the storage issue described above, the playlists should have additional editing capabilities and filters. There should be options for finding duplicates, filtering on any regular fields in the database, and sorting portions of playlists.

If anyone has a solution to changing the default directory for playlists to an external HD, then speak up!

thanks,
DJLU

发表时间 Thu 02 May 13 @ 8:16 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
I could only repeat my reply above.

发表时间 Thu 02 May 13 @ 4:11 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)