快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: VMS4 Setup with VJ - Page: 1

由于该帖子的部分内容已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

I noticed there has been alot of people having problems setting up there system with the VMS4 and Virtual DJ . I'm going to show you the steps to setup your system .

1 First things first make sure you meet the system requirements
System Requirements

PC Requirements:
- Windows XP Sp2 or Windows Vista (32-bit & 64-bit supported)
- PIV 1.2GHz Computer (SSE2 CPU), AMD 64 or Greater
- 1024_768 SVGA Video
- 2 GIG RAM (Vista)
- 40MB Free on the Hard-Drive (Recommended 2000MB)
- DirectX 9.0

2 Go to www.vms4dj.com and download the LE version make sure you download the right one 32 bit or the 64 bit version.
3 Download and then install the ASIO driver at the vms4dj Website

4 Download the firmware 3.11 which is at the bottom of the VMS4 Website

5 Go to www.virtualdj.com and log in to your account . Click at the top download then software update , install the update . 7.02

6 Plug your VMS4 into your computer , it should be installing the drivers for it now . (Make sure your speakers are powered off before plugging in the USB)

7 On your computer click start ( bottom left of your screen ) click all programs then click virtual dj folder , in there you should see firmware update , click the firmware update , you should see your VMS4 device , highlight the device and then click the browse button , find the 3.11 firmare that you previously downloaded , then click update .

8 Go to www.virtualdj.com click download/ plugins/ and then controllers , download American Audio VMS4 Pro Full 1.0
Author: djdad , after it has downloaded double click the program it will install all new mappers , if you want to create your own mappers skip this step .

9 Open your Virtual DJ click config in the settings it should be set to ( none / external mixer / sound card Asio driver, check mark the latency )

10 Turn off your speakers if they are plugged in Close your Vj and shut down your computer

11 Turn on your computer , switch the VMS4 on , then power on your speakers. ( hint never turn off or on the vms4 if your speakers are powered on ) ( When powering on turn on the VMS4 first then turn on your speakers , when powering down turn off your speakers then turn off your VMS4 )

12 Go to your control panel then click sound , make sure your VMS4 is set on default , Under the recording disable the mic , you may half to reboot again .

13 Open your Virtual DJ , start playing some music !

发表时间 Sun 26 Dec 10 @ 9:47 pm
atfmdjPRO InfinityMember since 2009
On step 5 you have download 7.02. That is for the PRo version not the LE version. The LE shows 6.12 Just checking.

发表时间 Mon 27 Dec 10 @ 9:46 am
Yes 7.02 is for the pro version which version you running ?

发表时间 Mon 27 Dec 10 @ 11:22 am
atfmdjPRO InfinityMember since 2009
I use pro.... I also use the VMS4 and love it.

发表时间 Mon 27 Dec 10 @ 3:30 pm
ALot of people are having alot of problems with the VMS4 , but there is some that do not have any issues at all . The only issue I had was the Mic problem, but they came up with a fix , Alot of you are talking about low voltage on the system , I have no idea what you mean by this , can you explain whats happening ? I also heard they are coming out with a New VMS4 soon .

发表时间 Wed 29 Dec 10 @ 10:54 am
huttPRO InfinityMember since 2008
i am at step 7, and it times out in about 30 seconds and won't update. your thoughts?

发表时间 Wed 12 Jan 11 @ 6:13 pm
You need to make sure that the VMS4 sound card is not selected in any of the software on your computer (even if it's not running!).

发表时间 Wed 12 Jan 11 @ 6:31 pm
huttPRO InfinityMember since 2008
did that, it was already updated..:( kinda hard to count them little leds lights,,

发表时间 Wed 12 Jan 11 @ 7:13 pm
Can use Windows 7. My laptop Operating System is not Windows XP or Windows Vista.

发表时间 Mon 17 Jan 11 @ 9:29 pm
I have problems with my vms4 and vdj..
i just bought it, and after install and starting the vdj it says "an error occured" and i am unable to use it. I can see,that the vms4 controls works (eq-s faders are moving on the screen) but no sound is coming out..i cant start to play the music. if i push cancel on the error message than it escapes. I almast tried everything.
My laptop is a celeron 1.6 Ghz 1Gb RAM ddr2 win xp sp3

any idea?

发表时间 Tue 15 Feb 11 @ 1:54 pm
DjNawc3PRO InfinityMember since 2011
when i try to download the firmware update it stops me after i pick my laungage, and tells me "Pleas close VirtualDJ before Update" .. or something like that, but the thing is, i dont have VirtualDJ open, and also i dont even have my controller on, let alone even plugged in.. because it says to wait on plugging it in.. anyone have any suggestions?

发表时间 Thu 03 Mar 11 @ 6:51 pm
Same problem here, and it only happends on window xp when u upen it there is an error and the program says that it had to be shut down, the problems are the asio drivers becouse if you run the program without them you wont get the error

发表时间 Sun 06 Mar 11 @ 1:59 pm
DJRobyPRO InfinityMember since 2004
being a vdj pro user i was wondering if i first have to unistall the vdj pro version then download the LE version so i can set up the American Audio VMS4 working with ASIO/firmware updates then update it back to the VDJ pro version or can i keep the pro version and do all the applicable updates from the AA vms4 site??

发表时间 Wed 16 Mar 11 @ 6:49 pm
the mappers saying that I am not licensed to have them?! I have pro.

发表时间 Thu 12 May 11 @ 2:44 pm
Im using a PC laptop XP 64 bit... I can't get any sound.... I've looked at the ASIO config and there is nothing listed....
I've got all the updates, firmware, and I'm a pro version user.
HELP

发表时间 Wed 21 Sep 11 @ 11:28 pm
Great Help!! This step-by-step process def fixed my pfl/ cue problem =)

发表时间 Mon 03 Oct 11 @ 8:34 pm
Hi, I have mac running the newest software(OS X Lion) and I bought a VMS4 and virtual dj isnt working. Every time i open it it shows that it is loading and opening up, which I know is usual and then a popup comes up saying error occured. Please help!

发表时间 Wed 19 Oct 11 @ 7:30 pm
I'm possibly going to get this on Friday - can't wait to get my hands on it!

发表时间 Mon 24 Oct 11 @ 3:16 pm
I'm at step 7, I do it and it say Cannot open the device. I use windows 7, please help me.

发表时间 Sun 01 Jan 12 @ 12:06 pm
HELLO I AM NEW TO THIS VIRTUAL DJ VMS4. AFTER UPDATING MY VIRTUAL DJ LE ON MY LAPTOP I NOTICED I CANT DO ANYTHING AS FAR AS CONFIGURATIONS. I CANT LISTEN TO MY MUSIC JUST ON MY LAPTOP I CAN PUT SONGS ON THE DECKS BUT CANT HERE ANYTHING. DO I NEED TO SETUP SOMETHING UP ON MY LAPTOP ? AND ALSO CAN I RUN YOU TUBE THROUGH MY OTHER TWO CHANNELS TO LISTEN TO MUSIC FROM YOU TUBE ? PLEASE LET ME ME KNOW THANK YOU VERY MUCH

发表时间 Sat 04 Feb 12 @ 10:03 am
65%