快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: Beginner! help! synthesizer and turntables etc - Page: 2

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

if your interested in using distorted synth soiunds try native instruments absynth 3.0

发表时间 Thu 14 Jul 05 @ 1:34 am
thanks heaps guys, but the only problem is, djaditya, that there isnt any djs around near where i am. well, not where i looked :) thanks dj Zim Zimma, i'll keep that in mind, because i would also like to use that.

if beatmixing djs tend not to scratch as much, maybe cd-type turntables would be better? what do you guys think? i was looking at them on the internet.

really guys, helping me means a lot to me. i love dj music, really want to become a dj, have a really good ear for music, but god its hard when theres no one to teach or help me. if i ever get good, it will be because of you guys! :)

DJ Turbo

发表时间 Sun 17 Jul 05 @ 1:48 pm
Check the mix lesson thread
here's a useful post about beat mixing
http://www.virtualdj.com/forum/display.html?topic=5408&page=1

Don't stop the dream of becoming a DJ. Try, practise and discover mixing methods by using your stuff on a daily base practising. It took be 6 months to learn beat-mixing, however, there's a little chance to forget it now ;)
Try also find another DJ that are willing to help/mentoring you and your practising. It is helpful and it is nice to have mutual dj friends.

When it comes to equipment it is deeply individual in the end. There are "big" brands, and there are stuff out there that people have used for long time. Check your local club/dj shops etc and try to get your hands on stuff before choosing.
I'd start with a Numark CDN34, a crappy BST mixer, amplifier and 2 speakers. Remember it is not the equipment that makes a good DJ, they are _only_ your tools.

发表时间 Sun 17 Jul 05 @ 4:46 pm
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hello DJ Turbo. Everyone's advice is really right on. I would suggest, before you start worrying about buying equipment, that you work with VDJ and perfect mixing with the software. Once you do and become famous with your friends, you'll have the momentum to start investing in hardware. Hardware doesn't give you all that much more in terms of beatmixing then the software itself. While scratching and beatjuggling and such are the real art of DJing, most people could care less. They want to hear the music and beatmixing allows you to show your skills as you tease and then surprise them with the next big song they want to hear. CD's, Turntables, mixers, controllers, etc.. are expensive. For good turntables and a mixer that enable you to scratch for instance, you're talking at least $1000. So my advice would be to perfect beatmixing, song selection and your music library on VDJ for now. And like Anitleon said...practice, practice, practice. Good luck.

发表时间 Mon 18 Jul 05 @ 3:25 pm
ZezkeHome userMember since 2005
The biggest problem for me to start dj'ing is the money :-(

发表时间 Mon 18 Jul 05 @ 6:36 pm
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Have practice at home.
Then try to rent some material at the begining and try to get a bit more money than the renting cost.

发表时间 Tue 19 Jul 05 @ 7:08 am
hey guys......iv been follin this forum cause im a beginer 2........and am friends with DJ Turbo.......and i would just like 2 say thanx 4 all tha help........but i would like 2 no......wat if u dont have a local club or dj that u can take lessons from.........thee is no night clubs or any thing like that......so i was wonderin were u can get sum good lessons from???............thanx

发表时间 Wed 20 Jul 05 @ 1:44 am
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
You can already have a look at the online manual and on the mixing lessons at the bottom of this forum. It's usefull.

发表时间 Wed 20 Jul 05 @ 6:05 am
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004

发表时间 Wed 20 Jul 05 @ 3:35 pm

发表时间 Wed 20 Jul 05 @ 4:18 pm
Thanx heaps guys....ill give it a go......

发表时间 Thu 21 Jul 05 @ 2:48 am
hey guys, just a random question.

what do the stars next to the people's names mean?

DJ Turbo

发表时间 Mon 25 Jul 05 @ 1:09 am
Geez ur an idiot.......its how much u help people.........read tha damn forum.........its there........n it tells u how 2 get more stars

发表时间 Mon 25 Jul 05 @ 1:39 am
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
Geeze.....that was constructive....

That is how to lose stars 101 right there.

发表时间 Mon 25 Jul 05 @ 1:42 am
hey, shut up Ben.

i know where you live lol.

hey mp3jrick, just because I'M the stupidest person on the internet!

i was wondering what you guys would say about that question.

DJ Turbo

发表时间 Sun 31 Jul 05 @ 2:35 am
haha thanks heaps for all your help guys, you really helped me understand the art of djing. thanks to everyone who helped, you guys rock.

lol... one more question.... how do you close a forum? :)

another massive thanks :)

DJ Turbo

发表时间 Thu 04 Aug 05 @ 10:53 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)