快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: Virtualdj Rhythm Window.best ever!!!!!!!!!

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

djchillPRO InfinityMember since 2005
There is a feature of virtualdj that in my view is the highlight above all other features it may have.Can yu guess?Well I am not sure if professional djs would agree with me but it's the [Rhythm Window or the Active Waveform]..The reason for my opinion is that I tried mixing on my friend's new Numark cd mixers.What I noticed is that it is kinda difficult to make perfect mixes in that yu have to listen to the two beats on either side to make sure they r syncronised so that they will fade into each other.And yu can only adjust the pitch and not the actual bpm of the song.....The big big difference with virtualdj is that yu can actually see when the beats r sycronised and if they r not yu can just simply either use yur mouse to drag it together or the beatlock engine or beatsnyc(space bar) to match the beats together so yu can make perfect mixes!!!!!!....So it is much harder to listen on headphones trying to determine when the beats r syncronised whereas with virtualdj yu have a visual of the beats which can be helpful especially if yu r in a noisy party enviroment...There is no other program that has this ability that is why virtualdj is really second to none.!!!!!!!I hope yah all pro djs agree with me.lol

发表时间 Wed 15 Jun 05 @ 5:45 am
DJ CyderPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
Welcome djchill,

the longer you use it the more you discover just how great this software really is. I use the waveform so I'm never stunned by a break in the song (you can see it comming)

发表时间 Wed 15 Jun 05 @ 5:55 am
(serato has something quite similar to this... but i like the VDJ one a little better mainly just cause i'm used to it)

发表时间 Wed 15 Jun 05 @ 6:17 am
Thanks dj cyder and tech dj.Only professional djs would really understand how advanced improved and simple to use virtualdj really is.Big props!!!!!!

发表时间 Wed 15 Jun 05 @ 6:25 am
Cueing up a song is great when you can also see it!
The waveform is totally amazing!If you look carefully you can tell the strenght of your kick drum or the strum of a bass sound...etc
Putting together a mix of 2 tracks with the waveforms is the key to a good mix!
Matching the beats together you can adjust the intensity of each track including the eqs.
When mixing try to "enveloppe"your sounds within each other.
If you see it and hear it you cant miss....make sure to have the right keycodes...lol
Regards
Andre

发表时间 Wed 15 Jun 05 @ 11:22 am
quote:If you look carefully you can tell the strenght of your kick drum or the strum of a bass sound...etc) Yes dj Andry yu r correct it's really amazing that I think is the no1 feature in virtualdj.Yu acctually have a visual of the beats of tunes.Only professional djs would understand what we r talking about though.lol

发表时间 Wed 15 Jun 05 @ 3:52 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
The tall spikes are the snare and the next smallest will be the kick drum.
The hip hop beats will have two smaller and one tall, you will see it.
The second short will be the first down beat and that is where the large anchor belongs.
Gawd, I wish the program knew that, lol.
When I let the program bring up the first down beat is misses everytime except with club/techno beats.

That is funny, but true enough studying the waveform's characteristics teaches you alot.

I practice with plugs in my ears and mix by the waveform visually and the sound waves I feel.

BTW, kudos to DJ Norway for his blogged keyboard shortcuts particularly for cbg adjustment, owe you a beer for that, maybe 6.....

发表时间 Wed 15 Jun 05 @ 4:06 pm
6 sounds good ;) hehe....

发表时间 Wed 15 Jun 05 @ 4:32 pm
If Atomix decides to do a show on the east coast it would be a good time for all the users to get together and meet, party etc...

You bet NW, 6 it is.

发表时间 Wed 15 Jun 05 @ 4:45 pm
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
Where you located Rick?

发表时间 Wed 15 Jun 05 @ 5:36 pm
I live on the south coast of Massachusetts, east coast US.

发表时间 Wed 15 Jun 05 @ 6:29 pm
Give it up for Mass, Holla!!!!!!! Using the waves are great but there does come some songs that have too many waves to possibly connect so its just a matter of listening to the beats, with time it comes.

发表时间 Thu 16 Jun 05 @ 5:12 am
Hey Mike, back at cha!
Thanks for the line.

IMO, you can mix anything as long as you keep your ear on the kick drum.
Matching keys can make it tricky, I hope VDJ will ID keys someday like MM does.

发表时间 Thu 16 Jun 05 @ 12:05 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)