快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: SB Live! + ASIO4ALL - Page: 1

由于该帖子的部分内容已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Hi,
I had a problem with my SB Live! 5.1 and ASIO4ALL v2. Everything sounded great but the sound had about 23ms latency which could be seen and It was unusable to me. But then I try to turn off the input (IN) in ASIO4ALL config panel and guess what. The sound was playing in real time.

I hope It can help You.

C ya !

发表时间 Mon 13 Jun 05 @ 1:12 pm
Why would you use ASIO4ALL with SB live? if you install kX project drivers you'll have 'native' asio support..

发表时间 Mon 13 Jun 05 @ 1:32 pm
Because KX project drivers mess up the inputs and outputs on my SB Live! and It's much more better and easier to config than KX. Eg. If you have two SB Live! 5.1, you can use TimeCode Vinyls as well as with MAYA 44. Of course the quality of the sound will be different but...

发表时间 Mon 13 Jun 05 @ 1:47 pm
It can't work in the trial version...

发表时间 Mon 13 Jun 05 @ 1:57 pm
I know but my friend has the full registered one and it's working there, we tried.

发表时间 Mon 13 Jun 05 @ 2:13 pm
Who is your friend ?

发表时间 Mon 13 Jun 05 @ 2:36 pm
I see your point...
I don't know what nickname has but he's not good at English, so he don't write to this forum but I do. :)
Anyway he's call himself as DJ Paul Bulwa but don't know if he has the same nick here.

发表时间 Mon 13 Jun 05 @ 3:42 pm
What's his name, so we can easily find his order in our database ?

发表时间 Mon 13 Jun 05 @ 4:06 pm
His name is "Honza" - John in English. But I don't know the surname, know him for a short time.

What is this ? Some kind of test If I'm a laier ? :(

发表时间 Mon 13 Jun 05 @ 7:12 pm
Maybe it's "Jan" it's the official name "Honza" is home name

发表时间 Mon 13 Jun 05 @ 7:20 pm
Yeah, exactly. :) Guy from slovakia always understands. ;)

发表时间 Mon 13 Jun 05 @ 7:27 pm
That's strange I can't find his records.. Very strange, isn't it ?

发表时间 Mon 13 Jun 05 @ 8:03 pm
Well, that isn't my problem, is it ? How could you know that he gave you his real name, huh ? I'm not stupid, allright ? I know You think that I just made it up. Think whatever you think.
I know how you guys talking with "No licence users". Love you work guys, I really du but I read some threads here and If I'm right I'll be disconnected from forum right now... :(

发表时间 Mon 13 Jun 05 @ 8:16 pm
you will not be disconnected from forum...

but we would love to see you as a full member for sure :)

its the good thing to do, and will give you all the support you need, updates and more...

发表时间 Mon 13 Jun 05 @ 8:31 pm
Yeah, I know. :) I would love to join this community but I got no money. :( I have to buy a new mixer for sure. I saw the full version and it's great. If I get the money I would buy the full version. Demo is just a toy. :)

发表时间 Mon 13 Jun 05 @ 9:08 pm
good :) hope to see you as a full member soon :)

发表时间 Mon 13 Jun 05 @ 9:37 pm
Hope so too. :D

发表时间 Mon 13 Jun 05 @ 9:41 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
And -to answer your original question- sblive had very bad behaviour with asio4all, and much latency when i tested some cards with this driver some months ago, to find if they work.
Even onboard cards, performed much better, (about 1.5-3ms), but sblive had more than 20ms...

发表时间 Mon 13 Jun 05 @ 11:52 pm
But it's working on SB Live!, I tested. It's about 1.3-3ms, just you said about onboard cards. 20ms was only if I have my IN in ASIO4ALL config panel turned on.

C ya !

发表时间 Tue 14 Jun 05 @ 7:34 am
The problem of SB Live! 5.1 is the drivers. Creative built very good soundcard for that price but they built the drivers bad. The soundcard is designed for much more than it's drivers handles. EMU10K1 processor is much more powerful, with normal drivers (from Creative, not KX) the processor is just only half-used. That's why it's often difficult to set something better than original drivers could.

发表时间 Tue 14 Jun 05 @ 7:37 am
95%