快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: how to cut parts out of tracks? - Page: 1

由于该帖子的部分内容已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Hi there,

I mainly use music videos when DJing and there are a few tracks out there that can really 'kill' the dance floor in mid flow as they have middle parts with no music – just video and maybe a bit of dialog, perfect example "Lady GaGa – Telephone"

My question is this......
Is there any way of editing the track or putting special cue points in so VDJ steers around these annoying dialog parts in the videos.

Yes I can edit the video using something like Adobe Premier, which, although a bit of a pain is fine for my avi’s and mpeg’s, but now we have netsearch we loose this option as there does not seem to be any video editing software that can read the .vdjcachev files.

Thanks all!!

Fatboy

发表时间 Thu 20 May 10 @ 1:46 pm
You can simply use sample bank in VDJ, just select right rhytm, loop sample, auto BPM.
You can also copy deck and use a part of same song on other deck.
Or as i do, you can edit videos with some video editing software as Sony Vegas or Pinnacle studio.....
Regards Tjeck

发表时间 Thu 20 May 10 @ 2:43 pm
I tend to use loops of either the next track or the same track in those parts...

Cheers,

Roy

发表时间 Thu 20 May 10 @ 3:56 pm
or join a service like smashvidz and let them do the editing for you :)

发表时间 Thu 20 May 10 @ 4:54 pm
Hi,

I use TMPEnc's frame editor to cut the videos out of the whole video file. And then Sony Vegas to trim intro and outro. I rip videos that blend one song into another. These two tools work excellent together.

Regards,

JL

发表时间 Thu 20 May 10 @ 8:14 pm
A way to do it on the fly is to place a cue point just after the 'move scene' part - When it reaches it, you can then skip over it by pressing a MIDI controller button or keyboard shortcut mapped to hot_cue 3 (If 3 is the cue point number.)

Alternatively, if you have the audio file and it is the same (Or similar) length - Load the audio file then drag the video to the video preview window of the deck. The video will then be linked to the audio file, so that the video plays along with the audio.

发表时间 Fri 21 May 10 @ 9:46 am
Cheers guys for all ya feedback!

I think I will try the hot cue option at tonight’s gig to see how that goes down, hell of alot easier than having to edit them using a video editing software.

Thanks again all!!

Fatboy

发表时间 Fri 21 May 10 @ 11:03 am
djreneePRO InfinityMember since 2004
I use Vegas to edit video. (I actually enjoy doing it)

FATBOY, It's so easy even a GIRL can do it. :^)

发表时间 Fri 21 May 10 @ 11:22 am
lol! Yer I know the editiing is easy but can you edit the VDJ cache files as these are not avi or mpeg?

发表时间 Fri 21 May 10 @ 11:28 am
djreneePRO InfinityMember since 2004
Aww shucks I didn't see the part about NETSEARCH files. Sorry but I have no idea about those. (I've never use the service)

R~

发表时间 Fri 21 May 10 @ 1:20 pm
You will not be able to edit cached files from NetSearch because they are encrypted and DRM protected.

发表时间 Fri 21 May 10 @ 1:23 pm
yeah, someone needs to come up with a solution for this within the software..... Come on guys use your head.

发表时间 Mon 16 May 11 @ 9:43 am
Does make me think of a nice feature! VirtualDJ People listening????

How about.. the ability to attach scripts to songs, and just as que points, remind them. And make the script language in such a way that you can control jumping, looping, volume, even effects. This way you can script your own remixes on a non destructive way! Have various remixed for various occasions, etc.

I can pretty well imagine that when you load a song a select box next to it is filled with the earlier made scriptmixes and you pick the right one for your occasion.

Version 7.05? :P

发表时间 Mon 16 May 11 @ 10:42 am
@synthet1c something like that indeed! But rather a script than a single action on a cue point. Would be very very powerfull, imagine the fun!

发表时间 Mon 16 May 11 @ 11:42 am
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
jboerlage wrote :
Does make me think of a nice feature! VirtualDJ People listening????

How about.. the ability to attach scripts to songs, and just as que points, remind them. And make the script language in such a way that you can control jumping, looping, volume, even effects. This way you can script your own remixes on a non destructive way! Have various remixed for various occasions, etc.

I can pretty well imagine that when you load a song a select box next to it is filled with the earlier made scriptmixes and you pick the right one for your occasion.

Version 7.05? :P

Wow, I was thinking the same exact thing yesterday at a gig, this would be powerful stuff.....

发表时间 Mon 16 May 11 @ 2:21 pm
I've always wondered why that Cue Events plugin has never been updated............has it ever worked?? I've never actually seen anyone say that they've used it with success.

Huey

发表时间 Mon 16 May 11 @ 2:25 pm
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008

发表时间 Mon 16 May 11 @ 3:01 pm
JoeyKJ wrote :
Wow, I was thinking the same exact thing yesterday at a gig, this would be powerful stuff.....

Defeniately!! Cueuing would work a little different, i'd rather set my events on bar/beat X than on a specific time frame, that way you could just say skip X bars or beats and still stay in Sync. Than ofcourse you might want conditions in your event; for example, if you pass it a second time you'd want it not to perform your action.

mmm as an ex software architect things like this exite me :P Some pseude code as ideas (no idea of current script language so excuse me :P):

Let see.. for example, loop the chorus twice, than skip the break and fade with an effect at the end

declares

ev1: beatevent; // beat event, fires on beat #x
ev2: barevent; //bar event, fired on bar #x
ev3: tfevent; // like a cue point, fires on timeframe

c1: integer;

code

function event1()
{
skip - 16 bars; // goes back 16 bars
c1=c1+1;
}

function event3()
{
effectenable(1); // yes yes yes, no idea of current VD script :P
effectslider(128); // yes yes yes, no idea of current VD script :P
fade(10); //start fade in 10 seconds;
}

c1=0;

ev1.position = 2300; // beat 2300
ev1.condition = (c1<1); // first loop
ev1.action = event1(); //fires event

ev2.position = 700; // bar 700
ev2.action = skip + 32 bars;

ev3.position =7:23:0000;
ev3.action = event3(); //fires event

Ok this would be a nice any competitive feature!!!

发表时间 Mon 16 May 11 @ 3:09 pm

发表时间 Mon 16 May 11 @ 5:09 pm
49%