快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: still skipping with 1 gb ram - Page: 2

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

rimmgHome userMember since 2005
sorry paulhue, writ that last message while you where posting yours. i haven't disabled the built in audio so will try this.

thanks

发表时间 Mon 23 May 05 @ 1:22 am
dj fumaHome userMember since 2005
I've should've known this too...

PCI Express System:
Pentium 4 CPU with 800Mhz FSB, HT 3.6Ghz
Intel 915GAV dual channel DDR2-533, SATA+RAID, PCX
GeForce PCX6800 GT 128MB DDR PCI-Express Video
2x256mb DDR2-533 Memory
SalTek 350watt power
Seagate 80GB SATA, 10,000RPM HDD
RealTek 7.1ch (High defination sound) built-on-board

I recently installed a new PATA Barracuda 80gb 7500Rpm, & got to know a great variation in peformance.
A huge lag in loading plus in between mixing when a song is from PATA drive,
& No lag, not a bit, when loadin'/mixing a song from SATA.

Otherwise all other versions of Virtual DJ, just as mentioned on the site by Support team, were slick like a wave.
I don't know if you guyz are intersected to a problem of different scenario,
however i figured out this scene previous weekend.

发表时间 Mon 23 May 05 @ 1:39 am
I have disabled the built in audio. still getting skips. i assume your talking about IRQ conflicts. i have already looked at this and i have no IRQ conflicts at all.

i think someone asked before if the skips where random or at specific times. its when i load tracks onto the cue deck and also when i move the cursor and, for example, use the kills switches i get skipping.

i've opened up the task manager to keep an eye on the amount of CPU usage when loading a song onto the cue deck. when i was on 512 RAM, CPU usage went up to anything between 70-100%. now i'm using 1 GB RAM and its still showing CPU usage at 70-100%...odd. thats doesn't make sense to me.

发表时间 Mon 23 May 05 @ 1:54 am
Try this :

1. Go to general settings, and turn REACTIVITY to NORMAL (VDJ will behave as 2.06) or even SLOW.
It is set as FAST as a default setting, and might be to much stress for your PC, but is there for making VDJ run even smoother at powerfull pc's :)
Turning it back to normal/slow, should make VDJ run like before....

2. TURN OFF read idtags... reading idtags from houndreds of files might take a lot of cpu use, and make skips when brownsing files..

Hope that helps... Also, download the latest 3.0 version, that have IMPROVED audio stability, and better "anti skipping" when loading song

发表时间 Mon 23 May 05 @ 2:02 am
thanks dj-in-norway

i'll let you know how things go

发表时间 Mon 23 May 05 @ 2:42 am
I've now tried the above suggestion with no decent results. I'm still getting skipping, I would almost say that it seems to be skipping even more now. This is really frustrating. Can anyone recommended any other fixes?

发表时间 Fri 01 Jul 05 @ 2:56 pm
keyonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
this is probably 2 extreme an option 4 you, but I had same problems, tried everything including upping to 1 gb. had xp. finally reinstalled but not with xp, instead with windows 2000, no internet, dedicated system. Perfect ever since. Don't know if I'll ever know why that finally worked. don't care, just glad got it running right.

发表时间 Fri 01 Jul 05 @ 7:39 pm
get norton system utilities, or defrag your hard drive in the meantime, and close anything windows doesnt require to operate.

chances are itll be something obvious....

发表时间 Fri 01 Jul 05 @ 9:13 pm
frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
Are you seeing 100% cpu at the time when your hear the skips or just during loading?
Loading will take the same amount of time and cpu no matter much RAM you add. It is the disk access that is the bottleneck. I don't think that has anything to do with the skipping though unless you are trying to play the song while the loading is still occurring and you underflow your buffer (catch up to the part that is currently being loaded.) I have done that when playing from a memory stick, but most drives should be fast enough to buffer faster than the song gets played.

When I used to use PCDJ, I had a similar problem with skipping until I removed the PCMCIA network/modem combo card. Apparently if there was no network plugged in, it would periodically try to auto-sense a network connection and the OS gave this a higher priority than music reproduction, resulting in an occassional, but regular, hiccup in the sound. Therefore, I would suggest trying to turn off any network interface you are not currently using (disable the hardware or remove it completely.)

I hope this helps, but let us know either way... I'm sure others will have some suggestions too.

Good Luck,
-Frd

发表时间 Fri 01 Jul 05 @ 11:35 pm
Woo Hoo!!!

Just got it working. It took me ages though. I adjusted all the settings in VDJ and my hardware accelerator, and somehow found a perfect combination. Not sure if it will last, but I've been mixing for an hour now and I'm getting a good performance from VDJ. I don't want to touch anything on my computer now just in case it messes it up again!!! LOL

Thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread.

All the hairy breast

发表时间 Sat 02 Jul 05 @ 12:13 am
good to know things are finally working..

i know this may sound lame,

but some times, in the past, i had some skipping problems with a particluar skin i was using...whenever i used the kill switch (thats what reminded me) there was a skip..

dunno if it helps

cheers

DJ Rudra

发表时间 Sun 03 Jul 05 @ 5:50 pm
Man-TkPRO InfinityMember since 2004
rimmg :
you are cheating ...AND YOU KNOW !

发表时间 Sun 03 Jul 05 @ 8:10 pm
Really? is that true? I mean... a particular type of "Skin" can cause skipping? or is it just coincidence? Anybody can share some feedback on this, like if a skin which is so "graphic intensive" as compared to a "simple skin". This sounds pretty silly but does this theory makes sense?

发表时间 Tue 05 Jul 05 @ 2:50 am
it does make sense on a slow computer... that lots of graphics and visuals can slow down.
But most ok PCs should not have such a problem

and please remember that the version you are using (console version 1.08) is old, and lots have happened later regarding fixes and more for better stabiliy and sound... the pro version is at 3.0, and works great :)

发表时间 Tue 05 Jul 05 @ 5:42 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)