快速登录:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

话题: Slow it down....way down.

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Greetings,

I still have OTSDJ running on my laptop and thought I'd fire it up and play with the pitch 100% feature. The sound is fantastic with little digital aliasing.

Atomix will you please try this out with OTSDJ and listen how great the program slows down or speeds up the music with little distortion. When I do this with VDJ there is a huge amount of digital warble which makes playing music at these slow speeds useless.

I haven't a clue what OTSDJ does that makes the music sound good at all speeds. Could you please investigate and perhaps emulate this fine feature?

Thaniks,

JimL.

发表时间 Wed 03 Feb 10 @ 10:43 pm
You are talkin Apples to Bananas between VDJ and OTS. VDJ is a real time program (loads songs into memory), OTS uses the "Converted" file itself.
There is no way to scratch in OTS like you can in VDJ.

发表时间 Thu 04 Feb 10 @ 12:22 am
discobrian24 wrote :
You are talkin Apples to Bananas between VDJ and OTS. VDJ is a real time program (loads songs into memory), OTS uses the "Converted" file itself.
There is no way to scratch in OTS like you can in VDJ.

I use VDJ for my gigs now because of all the extra capability. I haven't used a controller with OTS yet, but with a mouse you can scratch just fine. Indeed mouse scratching is a little more challanging.

Yes, you have to convert the song files to the OTS format. But they have a BPM algorithm that is very right. When you slow the song down it does not distort.

Download a trial and check it out. Take any song and slow it down all the way to 0 BPM. It will be a smooth slowdown all the way to zero.

I wish VDJ will someday figure out a way to emulate this cool feature. It opens a lot of doors for unique music playback.

Thanks,

JimL.

发表时间 Thu 04 Feb 10 @ 1:37 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
What settings do you have for advanced scratch and master tempo? These can make a big difference.

发表时间 Thu 04 Feb 10 @ 5:42 am
I personally own both:) OTS and VDJ handle files VERY differently which could be what you are seeing.

As Scott said what are your performance settings??

发表时间 Thu 04 Feb 10 @ 2:46 pm
SBDJ wrote :
What settings do you have for advanced scratch and master tempo? These can make a big difference.

Greetings,

I fiddled around with the performence settings and found the closest I can come having good sound when slowing down the tempo is with:

Preset set to: Best Quality
Sound Card Latency: 256 (5ms)
Safe mode: not selected.
Overclock selected.
48kHZ - 44kHz: Lowpass Filter selected. Filter Taps: 35 & Filter Smooth selected.
Scratch optimized for Quality selected.
Enhanced Algorithm selected. Filter Size 35 & Filter Smooth selected.
Master Tempo Advanced selected. Complexity=3 Spatialization=0

Preset set to Best Quality makes the tempo reduction sound best. I set the pitch range to 100%.

I slow down the song and works well till pitch hits 50% then Keylock fails. The song sounds accurate slowing down to zero with no distortion. If it wasn't for Keylock losing its function the song quality sounds good just like OTSDJ.

OTSDJ holds keylock all the way down to zero.

Thanks.

JimL

发表时间 Mon 08 Feb 10 @ 2:15 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
One small thing to note is that if you're using ASIO then VDJ latency should be set to Auto.

I'm sure I've used keylock outside the 50% pitch range before whilst messing around but would have to check.

发表时间 Mon 08 Feb 10 @ 6:52 am
now what exactly is the difference in setting the scratch al. to 11 or 35 changes?

发表时间 Sat 01 May 10 @ 6:46 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)