快速登录:  

Forum: Music discussion

话题: hercules rmx/ virtual DJ

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

hey dj's im new to the dj world and i need a few tips on mixing, song selection and mapping. i really just need to know the basic like cueing up a song etc. i got my hercules rmx about three days ago and i have the trial edition that i downloaded. i've been trying to mix songs and they just don't come out right. i don't know if its the type of song or if i'm just doing it wrong. i've been on youtube trying to learn basic stuff but it really doesn't feel likes anythings helping me so far. I really like music a lot and i want to give this a try.listening to mixed song on the radio just sounds really good. i'm also in college and some gigs at a party or club would give me some money for books and tuition. i would really appreciate any help from dj's other. i have a mac my ichat name is mistervek or you can reach me here. thanks guys hope to here from you soon

发表时间 Mon 28 Dec 09 @ 7:25 pm
hey dj's im new to the dj world and i need a few tips on mixing, song selection and mapping. i really just need to know the basic like cueing up a song etc. i got my hercules rmx about three days ago and i have the trial edition that i downloaded. i've been trying to mix songs and they just don't come out right. i don't know if its the type of song or if i'm just doing it wrong. i've been on youtube trying to learn basic stuff but it really doesn't feel likes anythings helping me so far. I really like music a lot and i want to give this a try.listening to mixed song on the radio just sounds really good. i'm also in college and some gigs at a party or club would give me some money for books and tuition. i would really appreciate any help from dj's other. i have a mac my ichat name is mistervek or you can reach me here. thanks guys hope to here from you soon

Practice practice practice. For now practice cueing up and starting songs. You've got to master that before you get to beat matching. Most of what you hear on commercial radio is largely automated and isn't beat mixed anyway. You should be able to smoothly segue between songs before you move onto beat matching. Now doing that will sound a lot better if you can match the beat. To make your life easier when you practice this pick two songs that are roughly the same bpm. Heck even use the same song on both decks if you must. Practice practice practice.

发表时间 Tue 29 Dec 09 @ 3:02 pm
thanks, that helped alot ill get starting on that. another question ive been practicing with hip/hop and rap is it harder then any other genres of music? or should i stick with one song hip/hop and another with techno?

发表时间 Wed 30 Dec 09 @ 2:49 am
Starting off with some genere of House music will probably be best!!...Because of House music 4x4 beat pattern, you'll be able to count beats and beat match very easy and quick..hip/hop has a totally different beat pattern, you could get easily confused trying to mix hip/hop before you simply learn how to count beats of House

Keep doing your thing you'll get it!!!

发表时间 Wed 30 Dec 09 @ 11:55 am
how do you cue up a song i'm having a hard time with that to. i went on youtube and i understand the 4beats in a bar and 4 bars in a phrase im i correct? when should the point of the cue be in a song?

发表时间 Wed 30 Dec 09 @ 6:37 pm
Whats up... how do i listen to the another song on one of the decks while one is already playing on the other deck.

发表时间 Fri 01 Jan 10 @ 8:32 pm
dj_pPRO InfinityMember since 2006
jamroc08 wrote :
Whats up... how do i listen to the another song on one of the decks while one is already playing on the other deck.

If you are using the Hercules RMX you will see some Cue buttons, selecting the one on the left or right will activate the proper Queuing Deck/Headset.

Make sure that the dial is set to queue instead of mix and that you have the volume up :)

发表时间 Mon 04 Jan 10 @ 10:48 am
i have the RMX as well and had the SAME EXACT problem you had when i first started.. i understood how cueing up worked and beatmatchin but what i was lacking was the knowledge of WHERE to exactly cue and start another song.. there's a guy at work who used to dj about 7 years ago and i had him come over and show me some techniques and basically school me on DJ'ing.. it helped A LOT..

i've only had my RMX for about 5 months and when he first started teaching me he told me since i'm still a beginner, i shouldn't try anything too crazy and out of me league, so he had me cue songs up at the beginning of the chorus's of the songs.. once the song that was already playing hit its chorus, i would start the second song from the cue point (start of the chorus) at about 3/4 full volume and the bass on this track turned about 2 notches down so it wouldn't overpower the song that was already on.. then as both songs would progress through their chorus's and came towards the end of the chorus's (i've found out that a lot of chorus's are the same length) i would turn the bass on the second song to normal level and slowly turn down the bass on song 1 and slightly raising the volume on the second track.. then once it would leave the chorus and go into the verse is when you shouldn't hear the first song anymore and it should just be the second song now..

it's kinda complicated for me to explain... hope it helped... like i said.. you should have somebody show you that knows what they're doing cause it will help, i watched tutorial videos just like you did and still didn't fully understand..

here's my first mix i recorded using those same techniques my buddy told me.. a little rusty at some spots but keep in mind, it's one of my first full mixes.. http://rapidshare.com/files/334995154/mix.mp3.html?killcode=1755896114364361101 enjoy!

发表时间 Wed 13 Jan 10 @ 11:19 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)