快速登录:  

Forum: Music discussion

话题: Music Groups??

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

How do I actually access the music groups through VDJ, while djing instead of having to open the website for music suggestions? I am a licensed registered pro user, and can't figure it out for the life of me.

发表时间 Sun 06 Dec 09 @ 9:27 am
In Virtual DJ, click on the ‘config button’
Then click the ‘internet tab’
Then CHECK “use musicgroups”

you then have to "log in" which is the same username and password you use to log in to website.

if your connected to the internet, you should start seeing "suggestions" as you play songs..

发表时间 Mon 07 Dec 09 @ 3:52 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
How exactly do MusicGroups work?

Do i have to subscribe to one of them?
To work...you have to be connected to the internet while you play. Where exectly are you connected in (which server?)
When you are feeder to a MusicGroup, where is my playlist uploaded?
Suppose i play live in a place that has no internet connection. Is there a way to feed a MusicGroup afterwards, when i am home and connected?

Please enlight me...

发表时间 Sat 02 Jan 10 @ 6:31 pm
djdad wrote :
How exactly do MusicGroups work?

not 100% sure..
How it was originally described does not pan out in actual practice.
IE: the "suggestions" it gives are still 'out to lunch' in many cases..

though for tracking and seeing what you have played in the past, it works admirably.

djdad wrote :
Do i have to subscribe to one of them?

Without a "subscription" musicgroups will still give you "suggestions" if you are connected..
with a subscription though , the songs you play are uploaded to the music group of your choice..

djdad wrote :
To work...you have to be connected to the internet while you play. Where exectly are you connected in (which server?)

To recieve "suggestions" you need to be connected to the internet

djdad wrote :
When you are feeder to a MusicGroup, where is my playlist uploaded?

to the musicgroup itself.. the most latest feeds are shown on the musicgroup and a top 20 list is also compiled.
http://www.virtualdj.com/musicgroup/index.html

djdad wrote :
Suppose i play live in a place that has no internet connection. Is there a way to feed a MusicGroup afterwards, when i am home and connected?

yes.. supposedly VDJ stores your "feed" on the hardrive and then uploads it when it knows your connected again..
(myself I could never get it working right.. I found it easier to just copy my playlist to my destop and re-play it.. Those with Laptops probably have an easier time of it..)

发表时间 Mon 04 Jan 10 @ 1:17 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Hope we will learn more sometime..

Another question..What is the difference between a subscriber and a feeder?

发表时间 Mon 04 Jan 10 @ 3:31 pm
djdad wrote :
What is the difference between a subscriber and a feeder?

When your a subscriber, the "suggestions" that get shown in the browser are supposed to be weighted more heavily based on the group(s) your a member of..
IE: if the one group you subscribe to is a 'latin' group, technically the suggestions should come primarily from that latin group..

in practice, i'm not seeing this yet, but maybe thats because I'm an 'admin' of too many musicgroups and that somehow messes things up?

A feeder is a subscriber, but what he/she plays gets uploaded to that groups list.. (which in turn should affect/add too the suggestions..)

another way to look at it is; the DJ feeders are the ones that are 'broadcasting' the suggestions to the subscribers..

发表时间 Tue 05 Jan 10 @ 11:35 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)