快速登录:  

Forum: Music discussion

话题: MySpace Says No!

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

I finally figured out how to record my mixes in VDJ. I was so excited because now I could mix up some stuff and load it on MySpace for the world to enjoy, right? WRONG! This is the first time I attempt to load a mix in myspace. As soon as the track was done uploading, it hit me with a warning that the music was protected by copyright and if I posted anything else like this again, I could have my account suspended or revoked. Jeeeeez!

I did a quick search of other DJs on MySpace and they have mixes on there - how did they do it? I understand the wole copyright thing (I had to take a MySpace Quiz on Copyright Infringement), but what I don't understand is how other DJ's were able to upload their mixes for everyone to hear.

Anyway, I'd appreciate some feedback if you're familiar and some alternatives if you know of any. I'm not trying to sell anything or make any money...I'm just trying to play music for others to enjoy.

Thanks!

DJ Pitufo

发表时间 Fri 18 Sep 09 @ 1:09 am
fat0n3Home userMember since 2008
you should prolly make a music myspace page so you can share your intelecutal property

发表时间 Thu 24 Sep 09 @ 5:33 pm
www.djtutor.com talked about stuff like this

when u post a description you can add something like" these copyrights belong to the original artists,this is stricty for a demonstration of mixing sklils",something along those lines but i think ud have better luck trying to upload them at a video posting site,im trying to upload mine to VEOH but i havent got anything uploaded yet i dont know what the deal is but some djs post stuff on myspace with no problem while others cant upload but i do know that if u have a profile setup as a musician they pretty much expect it to be copywritten by you personally(produced tracks),but u might be able to get away with mixes if post that the songs are copyrighted by the original artist you can try and upload and see what happens,dont take any of this for fact its just stuff ive read about and also have checked into,google used to be ok because there wasnt a limit on the time of the video you could upload but they dont allow people to upload videos anymore

发表时间 Fri 25 Sep 09 @ 12:30 am
Just depends on the tracks you used. I already have two strikes against me for video mixes on youtube, yet I have ten or something on there which are ok - often they will add an itunes ad and a link to buy it which is cool - I'm all for that. Now the stupid thing is you have no idea which ones they are going to get upset about and which ones they are happy to stick an ad on until you upload it and by then its too late.

发表时间 Thu 01 Oct 09 @ 7:12 am
HEY WITH THE AMOUNT OF MUSIC DOWNLOADING ILLEGALLY I THINK THE GOV IS TRYIN TO GET AS MUCH MONEY BAK AS POSSIBLE OR THESE POOR ARTISTS WILL B MAKIN MUSIC FOR LUNCH MONEY

发表时间 Sun 13 Dec 09 @ 10:18 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)