快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: Songs in 7/8 time

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

If a song is in 7/8 time, is it possible to adjust the cgb's (?) to reflect this? As far as I can see it assumes that everything has 4 beats to a bar. Thanks.

发表时间 Fri 08 Apr 05 @ 12:53 pm
No you cant seperate the beat grid 4/4.......cbg squares move by group of 4
Regards
Andre

发表时间 Fri 08 Apr 05 @ 3:50 pm
This is where creative use of cue points comes in. :)

发表时间 Fri 08 Apr 05 @ 5:17 pm
what song is 7/8 ???

as far as theory goes, "all" normal songs are 4 by 4 beats
even break beats (hence the name, you "remove" one beat, that you can not hear, but you can still "feel" it there.... )
the cbg's will indicate where the "missing" beat is :)

this goes for hiphop, some r'nb, drum & bass, break beats and more

发表时间 Fri 08 Apr 05 @ 5:52 pm
beatmixing ballads?...never thought to ask. Good point.

发表时间 Fri 08 Apr 05 @ 6:40 pm
FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I can't remember the title but I have one 7/8 song too.

Dj In Norway : 7/8 songs are done by cutting (and not silencing) the last beat of a "normal" 8/8 measure, on each measure. This way it creates a great effect when used the right way.

VJD cannot handle this kind of rhythm, as it can't handle 3/3 rhythms...

Maybe an option could be added, like cue capability, to set manually song by song what rhythm the CBG should show...

FRUiT94

发表时间 Fri 08 Apr 05 @ 7:17 pm
hmm.. ok :) I rest my case... hehe..

I said "all normal song"

there sure are genres, and songs that are not "normal" :) Meaning they dont follow the standard measure pattern, and VDJ are not made for those (cgb's)

my guess was simply that he HAD a 8/8 measure song, where one beat was silenced. And that he missed that point... but maybe not :)

发表时间 Fri 08 Apr 05 @ 8:12 pm
FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
If ever I can retrieve the song, I'll send it to you, my friend. Will not forget.

BEST Regards Norway!
FRUiT94

发表时间 Fri 08 Apr 05 @ 9:15 pm
DachPRO InfinityMember since 2004
"Jocko Homo" by Devo is probably the most famous song in 7/8 time. I was hoping somewhere down the line, VDJ would have a way to account for odd signatures, even if it had to be done manually. I have a lot of waltzes, for instance, and the CBG is inconsistent as a result.

发表时间 Fri 08 Apr 05 @ 11:39 pm
Is the fact that CBG is incorrect for 7/8 songs and Waltzes really causing a problem? Are people beatmixing these songs? And if they are, then with what? Other 7/8 songs? Other Waltzes? The relevance of this entire thread has me wondering what I'm even doing here. I think I better get back to work.

发表时间 Sat 09 Apr 05 @ 1:03 am
loooooool ;) I kinda felt the same way ;)

and your point is good.... BEATMIX is all about 4/4 beats measures...
I cant see the point with cbg's for "odd music"

But then again, I might be wrong

发表时间 Sat 09 Apr 05 @ 6:19 am
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
MAybe with waltz ...

发表时间 Sat 09 Apr 05 @ 10:12 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)