快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: Helpful Hint File Mgmt ID3 Tags etc.

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

crazy88PRO InfinityMember since 2005
Hello,

First time post to the forums, but I have been been using VDJ and TCV in a live club environment for just over a month. I am the Thursday night resident at the Remix Lounge in Cleveland (Lakewood), OH.

My setup is:
Compaq Presario V2140
Time Coded Vinyl (at club)
Time Coded CD (at home)
Maya 44 USB + SoundBlaster Audigy 2 ZS Notebook + Internal Sound card

At any rate, my music library is NICELY organized via ID3 tags, and "managed" via Apple's iTunes (free for Windows also). NOTE: ALL OF MY FILES ARE "MP3" not Apple MP4.

That said, my only real complaint about VDJ is the file manager using the file names. BUT THERE IS A SOLUTION!

You can drag and drop from iTunes to the VDJ Desks.

What I tend to do is 1) open VDJ, and then 2) open iTunes, and 3) resize the iTunes to take up the bottom half of the screen below the desks. Then I can, sort by genre, sort by anything, search, and then drag and drop.

Caveats:
-----------
1.) BPM Analysis. I still use the VDJ database analysis 'sometimes' if I need help in the BPM dept. Also, you can use VDJ to do the analysis and add the BPM's to the ID3 comment field if you really need it. Finally, you can just do it on the fly when loading to the desk.

2.) Make sure your Maya or other soundcard for VDJ is NOT assigned as the Windows Default Sound card. Otherwise you may accidently start playing a tune in iTunes that would spill onto your mix. Worse yet, I had it mess up my 5.1 output of the SB Audigy once when VDJ and iTunes were competing for the output.

My system is setup with the Laptop default internal soundcard as the "Windows Default" so this is never an issue, and VDJ uses the Maya and or Audigy only.

Hope this tip helps.
Crazy88

发表时间 Thu 07 Apr 05 @ 10:18 pm
Welcome to the forum! Thanks for the tip.
I dont like mp3 tags, because you could only have 1 genre filled in. What I dit is created a folder for each genre: RocknRoll, Dance, 80sDance, 80sDisco, 70sDisco etc. I placed shortcuts to the original file into this folder. When I'm spinning Im only using the shortcut folders.
Ewout

发表时间 Fri 08 Apr 05 @ 1:04 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)