快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: BPM change along the music... normal?

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

FeelinHome userMember since 2005
Hi there dj's all over!

This past week i've been fighting to learn not only to "Dj", but also 2 work with the tool I have 4 djing, Dj Console and VDJ.

I get it VDJ confuses some beats and gives wrong BPM counts. I get it there are various methods 2 obtain the right BPM count. Personaly, I search and anchor the 1st beat and then the 32nd beat of the phase and want 2 mix when changing from 1 music 2 the other. I've read and agree that counting a whole phase should give you the correct BPM, as the music is a sequence of phases, of 4, 8, or 16, in house music, for example. So everything's fine, even the CBGs are correct and I think I have the right BPM. Sometimes I even test with loops of 8 or 16 beats and they sound fine. I mix a new incoming music having found it's BPM this way, I pitch it to the BPM of the playing music and the mix goes smooth and ok. Problem is, after that phase, beats start 2 get mismatched, leading me 2 think the BPM of both songs were not in the same pace after all! If I continue 2 look at the graphics, the beats will meet and mismatch regulary as both songs play on, which is the pattern of wrong BPM match.

What confidence does this leave me with to pitch a next 3rd song to the one playing? Should I trust the BPM that worked fine before or suspect it changed as the CBG within a song are mismatched with its peaks now?

So, and coming 2 my question, is it normal 4 a song to change it's BPM from beginning 2 end? Have you found this alot? In House music this wouldn't be expected! So, if it is not normal, what better way 2 count BPM fast and reliably? Using more beats?

If you have any ideas, suggestions... Thx!

发表时间 Sat 02 Apr 05 @ 11:41 pm
Did you say that this weekend is your first time mixing? Congrads! Lots of work and practicing. From personal experience, there are some songs that change BPMs from begining to end. But as the two songs are playing you have to adjust the pitch or nudge the wheels from time to time to keep the songs in sync. This can be done by either watching the waves in the window or just play it by ear.

I hope this brief explanation helps.

MS

发表时间 Sun 03 Apr 05 @ 1:52 am
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
LIke maddsound...welcome to the DJ world. Yes some songs change BPM but mostly older songs. Like MS said, you have to learn the art of pitchbend /nudge. The CBGs are only as good as the fact they are aligned with the beat. There are shortcuts and skins that help you align them . VDJ doesn't always match up the CBGs with the beat perfectly. Search CBG on the forum and get more info. That could be your issue. Welcome.

发表时间 Sun 03 Apr 05 @ 2:38 am
FeelinHome userMember since 2005
Ok, thank you both, I'll do that!

I don't really use CBGs much, mostly, if when I mix the 2 tracks 2gether they sound ok, I don't have 2 worry about anything (except, of course, the problem that later the BPM might change), and if they sound out of beat, I look at the waves and pitchbend them by the peaks, not CBG. Of course, I still don't have the skills 2 align them by ear, as it should be done!

Anyway, all knowledge is welcome now, so i'll give the posts a look 4 the issue!

Take care, stay cool!

发表时间 Sun 03 Apr 05 @ 12:58 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)