快速登录:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

话题: Profanity Button - Plugin? - Page: 1

由于该帖子的部分内容已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

DJAuzPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Alright as part of my mobile DJ business I occasionally do some kids parties.

Obviously as we don't want profanities being blurted out to kids, it would be nice to have a profanity button plugin, it could be called 'the swear jar' hahaha

So many poppy songs that kids love (P!nk, Rihanna etc.) these days contain profanities, yes you could purchase the 'clean' versions, but IMHO that's a waste of time, money and disk space!

Some options I can foresee;

Length (1 second, 2 seconds, permanent until turned off) etc.
Type (Perhaps you could select your own sound to be played or select an effect like backspin/forward reverse etc)
Maybe it could work in conjunction with the Vocals+ and kill the midrange at the same time as playing a sample?

I currently used the backspin set to 'slow' and 'long'. This effectively makes the track play backwards, which works, however it would be nice to see a specific plugin address this 'issue'.

I'm not a coder but couldn't see this one being particularly difficult to muster!

Anyway take care all of you :)

DJ Auz =Þ

发表时间 Sun 14 Jun 09 @ 9:24 pm

First of all there such a plugin already exists, it's called "Forward Reverse". If the keyboard shortcut is set to "Momentarily" the audio plays in reverse until you release the key and then the song continues to play from where it would have been. You already mentioned "Forward Reverse" so why aren't you using it???

Secondly, how do you figure purchasing clean versions of songs is "a waste of time, money and disk space" if you do kid's parties??? If you're getting paid to do these kid's parties then I think that's reason enough. You mean to tell me you'd rather sit there with your finger on the 'bleep' button for the entire song??? Now THAT'S a waste of time!

发表时间 Sun 14 Jun 09 @ 11:06 pm
I think it's sort of a good idea in theory, but it might be a real bear in practice. I sure would find it annoying to "babysit" a track; I'd rather foot the bill for the clean versions...Just my 2 cents ;)

发表时间 Mon 15 Jun 09 @ 6:25 pm
Thanks for the comments!

I'm not referring to songs that swear every two seconds, just songs that may swear once or twice during the enitre song. Songs that swear more than a couple of times are NOT kids songs so are not played!!

For that reason I feel that paying twice the amount for the same song is just a waste of money, IMHO. That's just my opinion.

Yes this is my job, but I'm not a 'kids' DJ by any means, it's just something I do once or twice a year, my usual gigs are coorporates and weddings. For that reason also it's even more of a waste of time, again in my opinion! If I was to purchase the 'clean' version of every song, I would have to double by song budget, that's crazy!

It's a good point about the momentary on feature, perhaps I'll give it a try, but still forward/reverse is NOT a profanity plugin, so I do not believe that 'there's already a plugin'.

Also I'm not using forward/reverse at the moment because I haven't loaded it into VDJ6 yet, so the backspins gives a similar effect!

I still believe this to be a 'nice to have'.

Thanks

DJ Auz =Þ

发表时间 Mon 15 Jun 09 @ 6:25 pm
Umm, part of being a working DJ who does corporate gigs is having clean versions of songs. Why don't you just buy all the radio edit clean versions instead of the dirty versions? It seems you are doing the exact opposite of this. Do you think that when you do corporate gigs the attendees are going to say "the DJ was really good except there weren't enough songs with swearing in it".

And trust me, just download the "forward/reverse" effect and use it, it's totally fine. I don't quite understand what more you would want in the way of bleeping out curse words short of the software super-imposing a clean robot voice or something.

发表时间 Mon 15 Jun 09 @ 6:50 pm
Forward-Reverse is perfect for what you need. Also known as Dump by Denon users.

When you think about it, this attracts least attention to the profanity.
It acts as a DJ effect, censors the bit you want and continues on with no effect on timing of the song.
Putting a bleep or sound effect over it, just highlights that there was a profanity there.

Ross

发表时间 Mon 15 Jun 09 @ 7:26 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
V6 has the DUMP action. Just assign it to a button. Look at the mapper actions.

发表时间 Mon 15 Jun 09 @ 8:32 pm
cstoll wrote :

Oh very good, Cstoll.
Are all these little snipits of info mentioned in the wiki of manual yet?

:)

发表时间 Mon 15 Jun 09 @ 9:43 pm
DJ Ross M wrote :
Forward-Reverse is perfect for what you need. Also known as Dump by Denon users.

When you think about it, this attracts least attention to the profanity.
It acts as a DJ effect, censors the bit you want and continues on with no effect on timing of the song.
Putting a bleep or sound effect over it, just highlights that there was a profanity there.

Ross

Cool.
I'm glad this was brought up.. :-)
As i didnt even know about it!
thanx!

发表时间 Tue 16 Jun 09 @ 1:58 am
marksmolinski wrote :
cstoll wrote :

Oh very good, Cstoll.
Are all these little snipits of info mentioned in the wiki of manual yet?

:)

Was posted on day of release ... to many to list in a manual :)

http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/VDJscript_verbs.html

发表时间 Tue 16 Jun 09 @ 9:13 am
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
cstoll wrote :

The dump feature moves the beat window and timers in reverse. That makes it harder to judge (visualise) the time needed, for me anyway. I love the forward revrse effect because the beat window and counters stay going in the forward direction, so problem fixed there.

What I love is the "momentary" feature for that function (thanks for sugesting). For those of you who may need help in the mapper (as it took me a few tries) the command for momentary is "while_pressed" after you set the effect you want, on the key you want. I also set that up for the cut effect and it is so much easier to apply those effects smothly.

Still lovin VDJ 6 great job guys!

发表时间 Tue 16 Jun 09 @ 8:43 pm
Thanks for all your feedback, I guess the overwhelming consensus is just to use a separate plug in, which works also!

Thanks again, take care.

DJ Auz =Þ

发表时间 Wed 17 Jun 09 @ 9:54 pm
DHoude wrote :
The dump feature moves the beat window and timers in reverse. That makes it harder to judge (visualise) the time needed, for me anyway. I love the forward revrse effect because the beat window and counters stay going in the forward direction, so problem fixed there.

Is this possibly a bug then?
DUMP feature should allow the time and waveform to progress and act as a while pressed reverse audio only. Otherwise it's purely a reverse!

Ross

发表时间 Thu 18 Jun 09 @ 6:39 pm
Ok - have just tested this and it does appear that when active it is merely reversing - but when you deactivate it it jumps to where it would have been.

So basically it is doing the standard dump function but appears to be in reverse.

Hope that makes sense =) lol

发表时间 Thu 18 Jun 09 @ 6:48 pm
Doesn't the dump function on CDJs do exactly the same thing?

发表时间 Thu 18 Jun 09 @ 7:41 pm
You are simply see the time go in reverse and the play is the same. However, once you release the dump it will pick up where things would have been if you had not activated the dump for that period of time .... Activate DUMP, run 3 secs, release and track plays 3 secs ahead from where DUMP was activated.

发表时间 Sat 20 Jun 09 @ 1:26 am
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
No doubt that it dose jump forward in time as if it were playing normally, after the button is released. I just find it easier to implement correctly when only the audio is in reverse, while everything else (waveform and counters) move as if nothing had changed. Which is what forward reverse does for you.

Options are nice though as I may be the only one (or among the few) that like it this way. If the dump feature on most other DJ products works the same as dump on VDJ 6, then I say keep it the way it is, because most DJs may be use to it that way. After all recreating the vinyl and classic mixing experience is what VDJ is all about.

I am new and I am not use to to any way, so forward reverse is what I like and use. It would be nice not to need a plugin made for VDJ 4, seening as how VDJ 6 was a complete rewrite. It may not matter, it is just a thought.

发表时间 Sat 20 Jun 09 @ 9:05 am
i never got the i am a weding DJ and then he buys vdj or some other softwear what do you exactly play at a weding hear in croatia in my 18 year of going to wedings i have never seen a dj DJ on wedding som my question is this what kinda song do you play at a weding...hear in croatia we have our music that comes froma our culture we call that TAMBURICA type in on you tube se what is it and then we have some bend that sing some weding songs like finaly i found you or something like that any way its wierd at least for me beacouse its not a custom over hear to have a DJ on the weding.

发表时间 Sun 21 Jun 09 @ 11:04 am
I have no idea what he just said. Anyways, forward/reverse works just fine. I don't understand all this talk about waveforms and crap. A naughty word is in the song, you press forward/reverse, it masks the naughty word, and the song continues on where it would have been. Seriously, what more do you want?! Can someone lock this post already!

发表时间 Sun 21 Jun 09 @ 12:51 pm
dizzyrocks2001 wrote :
I have no idea what he just said. Anyways, forward/reverse works just fine. I don't understand all this talk about waveforms and crap. A naughty word is in the song, you press forward/reverse, it masks the naughty word, and the song continues on where it would have been. Seriously, what more do you want?! Can someone lock this post already!

Haha yep I agree!

I had never meant for this to go this far. The original request was a nice to have, but really not that important.

Yes forward/reverse does the job perfectly I agree!

+1 to locking this thread!

发表时间 Mon 22 Jun 09 @ 3:35 am
57%