快速登录:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

话题: One last ask. - Page: 1

由于该帖子的部分内容已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

djvonHome userMember since 2006
In 6.0 would definitely need the audio engine to be changed as well as the internal eq because audio gets distorted quite easily.Is there any way to disable the internal eq? Secondly can the option be available to just use the soundcard drivers control panel for latency settings instead of virtual dj trying to assign it's own for your soundcard? That can be one cause of it giving distortion.

发表时间 Wed 15 Apr 09 @ 11:03 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
djvon wrote :
In 6.0 would definitely need the audio engine to be changed as well as the internal eq because audio gets distorted quite easily.Is there any way to disable the internal eq?

Don't use it. If you don't make adjustments then there is no effect - correct?

djvon wrote :
Secondly can the option be available to just use the soundcard drivers control panel for latency settings instead of virtual dj trying to assign it's own for your soundcard? That can be one cause of it giving distortion.

That is what the option of Auto is for in the Latency drop-down box.

发表时间 Wed 15 Apr 09 @ 12:11 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
The audio engine doesn't really need changing - it's been discussed in the forum at length and the output was analyzed and found to be comparable to Traktor.

The internal EQ however isn't great when boosting a range - but if you leave it all at 0, then it's not doing anything as Chris said.

发表时间 Wed 15 Apr 09 @ 1:03 pm
it cant be as tractor i would realy like some proof about that testing.

发表时间 Wed 15 Apr 09 @ 4:18 pm
The thread is only viewable by professional edition users I'm afraid.

The gist was that RTA tests with MP3, pink noise and white noise were done, and the results from the two were very similar. Traktor seems to use higher gain levels, but once you adjust them equally they sound very similar.

There was quite a discussion around it :)

发表时间 Wed 15 Apr 09 @ 5:53 pm
i would recomend that u would make that sam testing and move the pitch a litle bit faster say like 139 bpm and then let us know the results..pleas notify that i am not hear to TRASH vdj i love it..i am just tryn tu help with the improvment.

发表时间 Thu 16 Apr 09 @ 3:50 am
DJ Skrib wrote :
i would recomend that u would make that sam testing and move the pitch a litle bit faster say like 139 bpm and then let us know the results..pleas notify that i am not hear to TRASH vdj i love it..i am just tryn tu help with the improvment.

What you are saying makes no sense.

If I load a track that is 139bpm, there is no pitch increase.

If I load a track that is 70bpm, there is a large pitch increase.

I have no noticeable degradation from a pitch change. I have noticeable degradation from a tempo change, but after tweaking my settings on a PC that is up to the task even that is minimised.

I've asked you this several times but you always ignore it; when you do this test is master tempo/keylock on or off?

发表时间 Thu 16 Apr 09 @ 4:19 am
the key lock is ON so i put a song it it 128bpm and i put the pitch to the may i think 170 bpm the kik in the song is not even puted out only the bass that comes after the kik is hear it like this (bam bam bam bam--regular TEMPO 128 BPM KEYLOCK ON (am am am..139 bpm TEMPO KEYLOCK ON)

Try it on torq goes smoothly.

发表时间 Thu 16 Apr 09 @ 4:23 am
DJ Skrib wrote :
the key lock is ON so i put a song it it 128bpm and i put the pitch to the may i think 170 bpm the kik in the song is not even puted out only the bass that comes after the kik is hear it like this (bam bam bam bam--regular TEMPO 128 BPM KEYLOCK ON (am am am..139 bpm TEMPO KEYLOCK ON)

Try it on torq goes smoothly.

Finally, thankyou ;)

You're talking about a tempo change, not a pitch change. The difference here is key (haha).

It's all down to the difference in the master tempo algorithms. As of 1.5 Torq uses zplane and that the main reason they charged for the 1.5 update, although most people managed to upgrade for free anyway.

Try it with the keylock off, and you should notice no difference.

The VDJ master tempo is also quite good, but you need to have it set up correctly and a good enough PC. What do you have set up in the scratch (it's relevant, trust me) and master tempo configuration pages?

发表时间 Thu 16 Apr 09 @ 5:00 am
ITS ALL ON CUTOM HAHAHA omg Soi would realy now like for yout to tel me your config an i wiltry it and explore it ehat suits me best i have a 2 ddr giga bite ram and a dula core 2 ghz (667mhz) procesor t3200 it was on automatic it suited the best for my specs so i gues that is it

发表时间 Thu 16 Apr 09 @ 6:56 am
There is no automatic, only defaults.

Set the slider to Best Quality.

If using ASIO, latency to Auto.

Disable safe mode and overclock.

This should be reasonably good - not as good as the zplane at large ranges, but reasonable none-the-less. You can increase the spatialization to improve it more, but be aware it will probably eat CPU.

I don't usually run with master tempo enabled however - I only enable it if I need it, rather than using it all the time. My 1210's never had master tempo after all ;)

发表时间 Thu 16 Apr 09 @ 9:23 am
i like the key lock having on dont like when its on pitch to fast u get that hi pitch sound

发表时间 Sun 19 Apr 09 @ 3:18 am
DJ Skrib wrote :
i like the key lock having on dont like when its on pitch to fast u get that hi pitch sound

So you've never used turntables then?

发表时间 Sun 19 Apr 09 @ 5:12 am
oh wel i played on some of the parties hosted by INSTINCT team they al play on turn tables so i did to but i realy dont like it beacouse the original sound for even one percent pitch up is not the way its recorded so finaly I DONT LIKE PLAYNG ON TURTABLES

发表时间 Fri 01 May 09 @ 11:29 am
If you don't like turntables then that explains your dislike for traditional pitch control. Most of us grew up on turntables ;)

I personally prefer to run with master tempo off, only activating it when I need to.

You have several options:

* Live with it
* Buy a computer that can cope and ramp up the master tempo settings - for example complexity 3, spacialization 3 which will give you a good balance of time and frequency localisation.
* Use a different system

发表时间 Sat 02 May 09 @ 12:06 pm
its just that i dont like when the sound of the song go in another key u know u got david gueta world is mine and JD DAVIS is sounding like a girl :D
yeah im livin with it i work with the real time i dont use the clasic turn table pitch

发表时间 Wed 06 May 09 @ 5:09 am
I gave you several other options too you know.

Personally I would buy a PC that is up to the task, a decent soundcard and the software.

But that's just because I'm a professional, not a cheapskate ;)

发表时间 Wed 06 May 09 @ 5:17 am
If you don't like turntables then that explains your dislike for traditional pitch control. Most of us grew up on turntables ;)

I personally prefer to run with master tempo off, only activating it when I need to.

You have several options:

* Live with it
* Buy a computer that can cope and ramp up the master tempo settings - for example complexity 3, spacialization 3 which will give you a good balance of time and frequency localisation.
* Use a different system

Hey SBDJ, thanks for that master tempo tip which really works well on Windows 7 and vdj. I'm tired of pirating vdj so I'm saving to purchasing the full software because it has proved that it can stand up against limited serato especially on windows 7 build 7100. I've seen it on many posts about numark cue but was want confirmation about this; I'm going to purchase numark cue pro on amazon, would I be able to download all effects plug ins, skins and be able to play on vdj radio with numark cue pro? Lookout for a new addition in a couple of weeks or months.

发表时间 Wed 06 May 09 @ 12:03 pm
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
djvon wrote :
I'm going to purchase numark cue pro on amazon, would I be able to download all effects plug ins, skins and be able to play on vdj radio with numark cue pro?

Simple answer, Yes

发表时间 Wed 06 May 09 @ 12:06 pm
Thanks Jimmy.

发表时间 Wed 06 May 09 @ 12:10 pm
87%