快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: please help me , usb sound card question

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

i have an external mixer and virtual dj , and a laptop with internal sound card , i bought one of those really cheap sound cards off ebay (little usb ones with headphone out and mic in ) . i selected external mixer in vdj , and selected both sound cards etc .
problem im having is that when i plug all up i get a gritty crackly sound from one , but if i unplug the cable to my internal laptop sound card both channels sound fine with audio coming out of laptop speakers (one channel) and the other through the mixer . but as soon as i plug the cable into my internal sound card from the mixer i get this worse sound from the other song playing through the other usb sound card :/
hope that makes sense .
i know i shouldnt use a cheap sound card like this for this sort of thing , but i just wanted to see how 2 sound cards work . bit worried when i buy another usb sound card i will get same problem

any help appreciated .

发表时间 Wed 25 Mar 09 @ 1:13 pm
Try setting it up like this:

goto sound setup and select the following:
Input: None
Output: Headphones (or external mixer, if you're using one)
Sound Cards: 2 Cards
Under sound card, two boxes will appear.
Sound card: select your internal sound card
Second card: select your usb sound card

On output channels if headphones is selected then your internal card will provide sound to your amp/speaker and the usb sound card you will use for headphone/cueing.

If you are using an external mixer, then one card will be your left deck and the other will be you right deck. And cueing will be aviable from the mixer.

As far as unwanted noise and crakles and suck, you will have to mess around with the setting in VDJ to fix this. Try this guide: Performance Tips & Tricks.

Help this helps.
DJ Digital
Pratice & Enjoy!!

发表时间 Wed 25 Mar 09 @ 2:55 pm
Try setting it up like this:

goto sound setup and select the following:
Input: None
Output: Headphones (or external mixer, if you're using one)
Sound Cards: 2 Cards
Under sound card, two boxes will appear.
Sound card: select your internal sound card
Second card: select your usb sound card

On output channels if headphones is selected then your internal card will provide sound to your amp/speaker and the usb sound card you will use for headphone/cueing.

If you are using an external mixer, then one card will be your left deck and the other will be you right deck. And cueing will be aviable from the mixer.

As far as unwanted noise and crakles and suck, you will have to mess around with the setting in VDJ to fix this. Try this guide: Performance Tips & Tricks.

Help this helps.
DJ Digital
Pratice & Enjoy!!

发表时间 Fri 17 Apr 09 @ 6:32 am
OP, this is exactly what I want to do.

A cheap ebay card will do the job right?

发表时间 Wed 10 Jun 09 @ 7:46 am
I wondered if there was ever an answer to this question as I have had the same problem for years on 3 different computer with different sound card and its always happens to the second output for me. I also like how two different user came up with the same answer in a row.

发表时间 Thu 20 Jun 13 @ 2:45 pm
The answer can be found within the text of the first post...

Ryan_Harmonic wrote :
i know i shouldnt use a cheap sound card like this for this sort of thing

If you want to get good performance, low latency and no crackles then don't use cheap consumer/domestic kit. Buy a professional audio interface.

发表时间 Thu 20 Jun 13 @ 3:07 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)