快速登录:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

话题: Compressor/limiter - Page: 1

由于该帖子的部分内容已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Virtualdj lacks a compressor/limiter that can be applied on the master output.

I'm lazy and do no longer want to carry an external compressor/limiter rack to every gig. :)

发表时间 Fri 20 Feb 09 @ 10:51 pm
I agree it would be nice to have. However, all the "effects" I've ever seen implemented on Virtual DJ or Cue are done as plugins and show on the Effects tab. That means you would need to turn on the effect (in this case, the compression) on each deck separately to emulate it as coming from the "master" output. I actually do that now with a free plugin called Blockfish
http://www.digitalfishphones.com/main.php?item=2&subItem=5

Just download the files and do the following:

1. Place these two files:

BLOCKFISH.dll
BLOCKFISH.ini

into this directory:

Windows VISTA PCs
C:\Users\xxxxx\Documents\Numark Cue\Plugins\SoundEffect

Windows XP PCs
C:\Documents and Settings\xxxxxx\My Documents\Numark Cue\Plugins\SoundEffect

NOTE: “xxxxx” represents your computer logon “name”.

2. Restart Cue.

3. Click on the Effects tab in the center, and you will see a new Sound Effect called BLOCKFISH.

发表时间 Sun 16 Aug 09 @ 2:05 pm
However still running two compressors/limiters (one for each deck) does not bring the same result as running one compressor/limiter on the master output... Each channel's volume (even if it's compressed) gets added with other channel's volume resulting in a "double" volume during each mix, something that a "master" compressor would NOT allow...

Generally (for various reasons) the best solution would be to enable a "Master Section" effects slot the same way they exist for players.... It would be nice to use a High Quality VST EQ on your master output for instance, or a Multiband Compressor... :)

发表时间 Mon 24 Aug 09 @ 1:27 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Whilst I've never used it and I'm not sure of it's exact function, the SDK does seem to allow for this to some degree (VDJPLUGINFLAG_PROCESSMASTER). Unfortunately this is of no use with VST plugins, so the ability to allow a VST to affect the master output would be a good thing IMHO :)

发表时间 Mon 24 Aug 09 @ 4:00 am
Bump!

发表时间 Tue 22 Sep 09 @ 12:49 am
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Hey Guys

Two additional ways to accomplish this task.

1. Some external sound cards gives you that ability and more, like the one I have which is the EMU-1616m it can use any type VST.
2. I also have the M-Audio NRV 10 Mixer with fireWire VST for Instruments Or Vocal to patch in effects on the fly with any channel.

Joey.....

发表时间 Tue 22 Sep 09 @ 4:02 pm
If you are using it for gigs, just buy an external compressor. Around 20 at any guitar store. You'll probably need some additional audio cable converters/chords to attach it to your gear though. eg 1/8 to 1/4 jack converter. Or you could just get an external midi controller to have better control over the levels, and just be your own compressor by making sure you don't have both bass on max.

发表时间 Wed 16 Dec 09 @ 6:50 am
dudestatus wrote :
If you are using it for gigs, just buy an external compressor. Around 20 at any guitar store. You'll probably need some additional audio cable converters/chords to attach it to your gear though. eg 1/8 to 1/4 jack converter. Or you could just get an external midi controller to have better control over the levels, and just be your own compressor by making sure you don't have both bass on max.

He said he no longer wanted to carry additional stuff around with him.

发表时间 Wed 16 Dec 09 @ 12:35 pm
anyone has a working sollution for this yet ? i also want to accomplish the same

发表时间 Sun 19 Dec 10 @ 7:41 am
I know in other software you can just go into config and set the master DB, how it should be really if this were to be a feature.

发表时间 Mon 20 Dec 10 @ 6:27 am
BPM Studio has a compressor limiter module and it's excellent. I have only used it when feeding direct to amps but it does the job perfectly.

Keith

发表时间 Tue 21 Dec 10 @ 9:12 am
djtaz_PRO InfinityMember since 2005
+1 vote from me on this...

It has been requested several times to get the "effects" allowed to control either channel X or master with usage of VST plugins for comp./limiters etc.

Unfortunately i haven't received feedback on this -eventhough asked for a couple of times.

But maybe with their newer release (VDJ7) and their advanced sound setup parts, it could be possible to get this feature.

Until its just using your mastering VSTs per channel :-/

发表时间 Wed 05 Jan 11 @ 4:05 am
+1

发表时间 Sat 08 Jan 11 @ 9:38 am
+1 from me too.

发表时间 Sun 09 Jan 11 @ 5:30 am
+1

Me too.

发表时间 Wed 02 Feb 11 @ 9:15 am
+100 from me on this.
ability to apply vst effects to master output.
and also native plgins too *eg. 32 band eq plugin

发表时间 Fri 11 Feb 11 @ 10:36 pm
Logan18Home userMember since 2010
am not trying to bump this message however I am also looking for a way to use limiter/compressor...can someone please suggest..

发表时间 Fri 18 Feb 11 @ 3:36 am
MonoTeKPRO InfinityMember since 2002
I also would love to have a peak limiter or compressor feature for the master output channels. Some other people suggest using an external compressor but that doesn't do anything for you if you use the build in shoutcast broadcasting or record to disk options. Many other DJ software applications already have this feature (example: Native Instruments Traktor). I wouldn't think it would be too hard to either implement a master peak limiter or at least allow a master channel effects panel.

发表时间 Sun 05 Feb 12 @ 5:49 am
DjCaroPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I used OtsDj in a radio station , you have all the time the same output level , nice feature .

发表时间 Sun 05 Feb 12 @ 5:02 pm
yk23PRO InfinityMember since 2006
Does VDJ support "rewire" on the output?

thanks,
David

发表时间 Mon 06 Feb 12 @ 9:43 am
83%