快速登录:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

话题: Video Request

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Is there any way to pause/freeze the "video" currently playing while not stopping the audio of that video. I want to use this feature while mixing. I would love to see it available as a button like play/pause that I can intergrate into my skin instead of a plugin. Any help?

发表时间 Wed 07 Jan 09 @ 1:41 am
Thats actually a pretty cool request, but I dont think it is possible as both the audio and video are in 1 file.

发表时间 Wed 07 Jan 09 @ 2:00 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Good idea, could be implemented as a plugin (accessible by keyboard shortcut) but as you say, would be better natively supported.

发表时间 Wed 07 Jan 09 @ 8:42 am
Not that I have any experience writing plugins, I'm pretty sure that's an easy one to write.
Just capture the current frame of video when you activate the plugin, show it as a still image layer on top of the video so you won't see it paying underneath, when you de-activate the plugin it will just show the track video again.
Am I right?
I'd have a go at it if I knew where to begin and had any software to write it.
Actually I'd really like to have a go at it.

Ross

发表时间 Fri 09 Jan 09 @ 3:30 pm
Had a quick think about this; you couldn't implement it as a plugin unfortunately.

You would only be able to pause the master output, not that of an individual deck as the current texture pipeline is passed to an effect plugin, not individual textures.

发表时间 Sat 10 Jan 09 @ 1:44 am
So for my future understanding, that would be the same reason that you cannot apply video effects to individual decks and only to the master output?
How does 3d Cube wok then?

I have little knowledge in this area but want to understand. Sorry.

Ross

发表时间 Sat 10 Jan 09 @ 11:52 am
DJ Ross M wrote :
So for my future understanding, that would be the same reason that you cannot apply video effects to individual decks and only to the master output?
How does 3d Cube wok then?

I have little knowledge in this area but want to understand. Sorry.

Ross

Don't apologise :)

You are correct; you can't apply effects to individual decks for this reason. Each plugin is passed (in order) the texture from the previous plugin, and then can do whatever it wants. But because it's a single texture, not per deck, you can't apply an effect to an indiviual deck.

The VideoCube plugin applies to the master output. I'm not sure what plugin you are referring to?

Transitions can obviously manipulate both decks (wouldn't be much use otherwise) but obviously only one transition can be active at a time, and to do it like this you would have to have some sort of uber-transition plugin supporting multiple (coded within the plugin) transitions, which could then pause a video stream on command. Very clunky and messy I'm sure you'll agree :)

The programmatical fixes I can think of would require Atomix to do one of the following:

* Pass 3 textures to the OnDraw() function - deck 1, deck 2 and master.
* Implement a GetInfo() call (or another call) to be able to retrieve the current texture from each deck. This would however exceed the current expectations for a maximum returned GetInfo() call, but I can't see that being a problem.

There are other options I'm sure, but I've not really had a chance to think this through properly. One drawback I can think of immediately is that having an individual deck texture would give you the ability to break a transition quite easily. Some real though would have to go into how this implemented - best left to the dev team :)

发表时间 Sat 10 Jan 09 @ 12:50 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)