快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: Error in the soundriver #2 - Page: 1

由于该帖子的部分内容已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

I know that this problem has been posted before and i have read them but my problem still has not been fixed. Maybe i am missing something? ANy way. I am running virtual dj 4.3 with hercules dj console MK2 on a macbook. i have updated drivers etc. The console is not being reconized when i open up sound in the system prefrences menu. It is also not showing up in audio midi set up however it does show up in the midi controler menu. If i try to open virtual dj it says error in the sound driver and then closes so i cant access any thing from in there. When i open up system profile it shows that the console is connected in the usb hub. I tried asking hercules but have gotten no response. any help is greatly apreciated

发表时间 Thu 20 Nov 08 @ 11:01 am
Under Audio Devices, the MK2 should appear as both Hercules DJ
console MK2 and Hercules DJ Console MK2 Aggregate Device.

i am missing this is is not showing up. can any one help ?????

发表时间 Thu 20 Nov 08 @ 1:46 pm
xonorPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Have tryied to plug the MK2 on the right usb? Not in the left.

You say you have tryied all the thigs that have been posted.
Tell us what things (don't describe, only a reference)

发表时间 Thu 20 Nov 08 @ 2:06 pm
yes i have it plugged in to the first usb, i tried both usb's as well. I checked the first post in here Error in the sound driver [VDJ PRO 5.2.1 + Hercules RMX] [SOLVED] and “Error in the Sound Driver” / DJ Console Rmx + VirtualDJ DJC 5 / Mac OS. the problem is that the dj console is being recognized in the usb hub as well as a midi controller but not in System Prefrences>hardware>sound nor in audio midi setup> audio devices. so i cant even open up virtual dj at all because it will pop up with error in the sound driver, and i can't change anything from there.

发表时间 Thu 20 Nov 08 @ 2:22 pm

发表时间 Thu 20 Nov 08 @ 2:45 pm
yes this is one of the ones i listed that i already looked at. but if you look at the pictures, in the osund picture where it says hercules dj console rmx usb and hercules dj console agrigated i have neither of these showing. there fore i canot make an agrigated device because it is not showing up as a usb device even though it is being recoognized in the usb hub and as a midi controler

发表时间 Thu 20 Nov 08 @ 2:55 pm
Are you using a usb hub?

Try to plug the RMX direct to the usb of the mac.
If you are using a hub, you need a powered hub, because the RMX needs lot of voltage, and standards hubs will not work.
If you need a hub, you must have one with a power supply.

发表时间 Thu 20 Nov 08 @ 8:04 pm
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
What is ur macbook spec?

If it not there as the aggregate device, have u try to add it as the aggregate device in the audio midi setup in application?

Use the usb port farthest from the screen for this n if as already mentioned if using a hub, it be better to use one with power supply;)

发表时间 Fri 21 Nov 08 @ 1:15 am
my mac specs are as follows: 2.16 GHz intel core 2 duo 1GB 667 MHZ ddr2 sdram on leopard. I am not using a hub sorry for saying that before. i have a powered hub which i did try but seems to make no difference. what i ment was is that when you open system profiler and look under usb it shows that the dj console is connected however when looking in sound it does not show up at all as a usb device/sound card nor does it show up in midi audio as as usb device or agrigated device so i cant make an agrigated device of of the usb. it just shows up in midi devices as a controler. all the firmware is up to date so im not sure if its the console or not because there seems to be no problem with it as far as being able to update and all that.

发表时间 Fri 21 Nov 08 @ 4:45 am
also this is the specs for the console in the about section: firmware: v1.1.13.6 server: v5.8 dj api:v4.0

发表时间 Fri 21 Nov 08 @ 4:51 am
maybe i should also mention that i once had the mp3 dj console hooked up with virtual dj 3 and it worked just fine no problems. i uninstalled everything when i bought the mk2 and nothing works dont know if that has anything to do with anything

发表时间 Fri 21 Nov 08 @ 6:23 am
Hello guitarstar,

1) What is your Leopard version : 10.5.what?
Click on Apple logo "About this Mac" and you will read the version number.

2)
"guitarstar" wrote :
When i open up sound in system prefrences this is what it has:input- internal mic built in, line in audio line in port, built in input (agrigated). output- internal speakers built in output, 2 built in outputs (agrigated). when i open up the audio midi set up it shows the mk2 in available in the midi devices ut not in the audio devices. As well it shows it connected in thesystem profiler under usb hub. i dont know if that helps

If I don't connect my Mk2 when I open the Sound settings in "System Preferences", I get:
- in Input: "Internal Microphone" (Buit In) and "Line In" (Audio Line-In port)
- in output: "Internal Speakers" (Built-In Output)

If I connect My Mk2 when I open the Sound settings in "System Preferences", I get:
- in Input: "Internal Microphone" (Buit In), "Line In" (Audio Line-In port), "Hercules DJ Console Mk2" (USB) and "Hercules DJ Console Mk2 Aggregate"
- in output: "Internal Speakers" (Built-In Output), "Hercules DJ Console Mk2" (USB) and "Hercules DJ Console Mk2 Aggregate"

So you have 2 audio devices that I don't get when I have no Mk2 connected:
- in input, you have "built in input" (agrigated)
- in output, you have 2 built in outputs (agrigated).

Can you
- run Audio MIDI Setup,
- click on the top Bar on the Audio Menu
- Open Aggregate Device Editor
and remove the 2 aggregate devices detected (with the Minus button in front of "Add and remove aggregate devices on your computer) ?

Once you have removed the aggregate devices,
- unplug your DJ Console Mk2,
- restart the Mac,
- run the driver installation program you have downloaded from ftp://ftp.hercules.com/pub/webupdate/DJCSeries/HDJMK2_5_18.pkg.zip
- and plug the DJ Console Mk2 when it is requested,
- and let us know what happens.

3) Also try with another USB cable, in case your USB cable is not OK?

4) If things remain unchanged, can you try your DJ Console Mk2 on another computer (PC or Mac)?

发表时间 Fri 21 Nov 08 @ 10:57 am
mac version 10.5.5 i am trying what you said now

发表时间 Fri 21 Nov 08 @ 11:16 am
nothing changed still the same and unfortunately i do not have another computer to hook it up to. I'm thinking about returning this one for another and see if that changes anything.

发表时间 Fri 21 Nov 08 @ 11:27 am
If you're thinking to return the MK2, please keep with you the CD that you has registered the serial #, and leave the new CD with the "broken" MK2.
So another user can register that serial #.

The serial # it's personal and can't be changed.

发表时间 Fri 21 Nov 08 @ 12:30 pm
ok so i bought a new console and i am getting the same problem therefore unless they are both defective there must be some sort of problem with my mac. should i delete and re-install everything then try again with the new console? btw i appreciate everyones help on this.

发表时间 Fri 21 Nov 08 @ 2:47 pm
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
That strange.. there could be some program in ur mac that maybe make ur mac act like that..hmm:(

U may try to re-installed everything.. there no harm doing it n all the best to u.

Back up ur important file too before if u reinstalled the OS.

Regards;)

发表时间 Fri 21 Nov 08 @ 2:54 pm
well unfortunatly i do not have my disk to re-start my entire mac it is at home in ny and i am in spain so i wont be able to do this. but i have removed all other programs origonaly installed. before i re install is there a specific process i should re install everything in. and does any one know of any specific programs etc that may be interfearing with the console and set up? maybe i did something wrong originally.

发表时间 Fri 21 Nov 08 @ 3:20 pm
ok i am trying this now... but just to make sure again i had the dj console mp3 installed before i got the mk2 would having this installed maybe mess anything up because when i have the mp3 installed it worked perfectly the first time.

发表时间 Fri 21 Nov 08 @ 4:02 pm
unfortunatly this did not work still the same problem. but maybe i did not delete all of the hercules stuff because the appremove didnt work for hercules. i do not know this is truly strange. i am grabbing another computer now (a pc) to see if there is a difference and if so what they are.

发表时间 Fri 21 Nov 08 @ 4:18 pm
65%