mauri_gHome userMember since 2006
como acabo de mixar um aagudo sem k se note na passagem

发表时间 Thu 22 Feb 07 @ 2:05 am
hey i am new in this thing i whanna learn how i do a club mix bye

发表时间 Sat 17 Mar 07 @ 7:18 pm
i like it is wonderful and Those forums super

发表时间 Sun 18 Mar 07 @ 12:16 am
Myguy56PRO InfinityMember since 2007
Hey, I'm a DJ from the 70's and I still have all my music and gear from way back. I've been ask to do some 70's disco gigs. Feeels great getting back on the tables! I updated to a Numark mixer and I bought a Home version of Virtual DJ. It is easy to use with great features. I also have a mixman Dmx2. I see that in order to make this work I need to upgrade to Profesional version. I would like to know up front is this hook to make me buy it and then be told that I have to buy the add-on program for the Dmx2 unit. It seems to be that way with other programs I bought in the past.

发表时间 Sun 18 Mar 07 @ 4:48 am
Yoh coool Mr Dj, hope someday I could meet you just to learn 1 or 5 things about the real table. Cause I'm getting use to virtual dj so quick & easy. But 1 thing 4 sure is to play real on the turntaffel. Get back to basics please just to give us something nice & warm this autumn.

发表时间 Fri 30 Mar 07 @ 4:47 pm
no1djkbPRO InfinityMember since 2007
This forum is so tight. Norway you know how to bring it. Its good to see a oldschool guys in here. I am a 80's DJ myself. Love mixing with the records as well. One guy posted how to mix. When I started out, I had my dad's old turntable (a straight arm techniques) and a realistic mixer. Hey you just have to pratice and pratice! The main thing is to know your music in my opinion. Some songs I knew so well, that I knew when to bring the mixes in everytime. Back in the day there were a few hot songs that you could not get the instrumentals to (well as least I could not) and you had to know when the breaks where because I hated mixing and all of a sudden you would here two people singing or rapping. I pride myself on having tight mixes. To me they were more important then scratching. Scratching is just for show and should be learned as a bonus. I knew a few DJ's that could cut like crazy but were not good mixers. You get parties for knowing how to rock a crowd not for scratching. I use to practice for hours at a time. I know times are different and everyone works more. If I were you I would try to find three days out of the week and practice for two hours each, more if you can. Start off with a few records and expand as you get a better. Once I got good, I mixed slow songs with hip-hop beats (back in the day when R&B and rap was not played together). I remember one mix I did with a old Ice-T instrumetal and a S.O.S. song, "even when you sleep". Man it was and is so tight. I did that at a party and they went crazy. I also did one with Planet Rock and Saturday Love Accapella. I did some scratching that that one. Won a DJ contest with that one. Those was the days:)

发表时间 Wed 04 Apr 07 @ 8:44 pm
I'm new in here, but i have dj real im making a record...but is hard i need to be a home editor user to see if i can get me mate, this is a great job this page...the programs...and the people, if some one need help with a real dj i will help us..!!

发表时间 Thu 26 Apr 07 @ 4:15 am
gab974Home userMember since 2007
The french version do not exist ? ^^

发表时间 Sun 13 May 07 @ 4:06 pm
Hi I've had the trial version of VirtualDJ and practiced for hours on end every day for about a month - then the trial ran out but thats besides my point:

I've tried mixing various songs and my mixing has improved over time but i have had one continuous problem when mixing, which is that whenever i crossfade the bass or just crossfade normally onto an into of song2, even when doing this on the outro part of song1, some songs have a more loud/explicit/deep whatever you wanna call it and i can really tell when the base comes in.

All i wanna do is have a smooth transition between songs but it just sounds like the bass is dumped on and it doesnt sound good, this occurs even more when trying to mix on the 'big breakdown' (which by the way i wasnt sure if u meant when the song's bass goes off and there may be vocals/small bass or if it was after the 'quiet' bit and where theres like an instrumental normally or just slight vocals).

I've listened to loadsa mixes from various djs and really triy to listen where the crossover is and most of the time i can't tell. I use MP3Gain to normalise my music volume, I reduce the bass when mixing but it makes the hi/midi sounds sound weird. Is is the songs i'm choosing? the BPM of the ones i choose are 127-130 funky house/electro. I would really appreciate a bit of guidance because am really interested in dj-ing for the love of (house) music and i really want to better myself.

I've read dj-in-norway's guides and they've really helped me, i've even tried some harmonic mixing which does sound good, well better shall we say. Some songs i have have a small bassline as an intro which really doesn't help that much when mixing cost when the crossover ends the volume drops (not totally but i can tell that it was louder 15/20 seconds earlier).

发表时间 Wed 23 May 07 @ 6:05 pm
how ı download virtualdj 3.3??

发表时间 Tue 29 May 07 @ 5:21 pm
why would you want that outdated software?? If you buy the software you will get the latest version.

发表时间 Tue 29 May 07 @ 5:32 pm
jok32 1Home userMember since 2007
hey im new n kan sumbody juss show me round like watt they have n watt kind of krzy DJ's they got hit me up asap

发表时间 Thu 31 May 07 @ 3:37 am

Thanx for all the positive feedbacks.

Will try to make an updated guide real soon, with images, less text and videos.. To make it all more fun reading, and easier to catch :)

发表时间 Wed 25 Jul 07 @ 7:28 pm
I'm using VirtualDJ with the mk2. I want to know if there is some setting to play 2 songs where the second song is a continuation of the first, such as Jackson Browne's Load Out/Stay. Or a Pink Floyd album for example. This seems like a pretty basic thing, but I can't see how to do it.

发表时间 Sun 12 Aug 07 @ 6:27 am
prele93Home userMember since 2007
hi i am vladimir from montenegro and i want to learn this

发表时间 Sun 19 Aug 07 @ 2:14 pm
jugadorHome userMember since 2007
HI ! HOW I CAN TEST OTHER SOUND EFFECTS , IF I HAVE ONLY TEST VERSION. THANKS

发表时间 Sun 26 Aug 07 @ 3:39 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
jugador wrote :
HI ! HOW I CAN TEST OTHER SOUND EFFECTS , IF I HAVE ONLY TEST VERSION. THANKS

you need to buy virtual dj pro to get plugins hope to see you with us soon :)

发表时间 Sun 26 Aug 07 @ 5:20 pm
tomkyHome userMember since 2007
great portal

发表时间 Fri 31 Aug 07 @ 3:31 pm
Thanks DJ Norway I played a few dance tracks using the sync and It sounds brilliant and I feel like im a better DJ :-)

However I did try to move on from that but I don't understand the rest of it. So I will get a gun and I will shoot you lol rofl

Let me know when you do the picture guide.

Thanks Again :-)

发表时间 Mon 15 Oct 07 @ 12:13 am
djtopsPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hey guys, in the beginning part of this thread there was some mention of harmonic mixing as the next level of improving your mix. Check out this link for more details , and software that will actually scan your tracks for the harmonic "keys" http://www.mixedinkey.com/HowTo.aspx

This seems like a pretty incredible piece of software that helps take the guesswork out of "harmonic" mixing. And price is VERY reasonable.

Now the program also claims to be a dj software, but all us dedicated VDJ users know there are no others......

Good luck, let me know how your results are if u decide to purchase.

And NORWAY, as always you da man!!!!! Thanks for the tutorials..... lets keep them coming

发表时间 Mon 15 Oct 07 @ 8:32 pm
52%