快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: VDJs - Get your mp3 bitrate right! Good sound quality or no sound quality! - Page: 2

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

According to the guide, EAC is the best program for ripping. I have used it and I must agree I have found a replacement for CDex. Try it!

发表时间 Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 4:37 am
The same person who wrote that guide, has an updated MP3 guide at his web site here.

It has an updated wnaspi32.dll file (8 Kbs bigger)! In addition, it also has updated profiles. That article that was linked to was posted way back in 2002.

I see that with his config file, that normalize wasn't selected in the EAC Options. I chose to normailize my tracks with default values.

发表时间 Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 5:06 am
2 things: VBR is bad, VBR is very bad because only + that it has is that he is smaller for about 5% of CBR, but cons are that it is not readable by many cd players (not all), and have problems with some programs!!! I had problems with some VBR files when loading in VDJ. Converted them to CBR and problems gone.

Second thing: normalasing songs is so unpredictible and sucks. for example: you have audio cd. first track is (pick any song from benny benassi) which is compressed to pain, all low's mid's and high's are very strong, and @ -0.01db :D .... second track is for example Tanita Tikaram - Twist in my sobriety or Joe Le Taxi or something like that, something which is not 2k production (techno, trance, house). you can normalise it 1000 times, but it will be 2-3 times weaker. There are always some peaks, and you can have very very low volume song (-9db) and just one peak for example @ the end of a song (crackle) which is 0db and normaliser will assume that whole song is @ 0db, and will do nothing.
My solution: Put a song in sound forge to visually see and then hear volume of a song, and then take a compressor, use treshold & gain and turn it up. Of course do not compress it alot because it will loose dynamic, and then it will sound bad. I don't know for you guys, but i feel sick when i hear highly compressed song, especialy those that was compressed with 3 or 5 band compressor.... so, compress it that way that you gain gain, and save quality :)

发表时间 Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 7:04 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)