快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: Version 4 Release Date Set! - Page: 2

由于该帖子的部分内容已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

l_ridsPRO InfinityMember since 2003
*rubs his hands with glee*

发表时间 Mon 14 Aug 06 @ 11:54 pm
abnormPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Is this the most awaited update ever or what? :) This is just as exciting as when VDJ was first released.

发表时间 Tue 15 Aug 06 @ 1:58 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
Very good news indeed! Can't wait to test it and bring it out in front of people in club!

发表时间 Tue 15 Aug 06 @ 3:46 am
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
hehe :)

发表时间 Tue 15 Aug 06 @ 3:59 am
I know most of us already figured out when it was going to be released. However, it is good to have an official release date. Now we can stop reading "When is it coming out?" lol. Can't wait. Good luck downloading it when it comes out, the servers will be swamped!

发表时间 Tue 15 Aug 06 @ 5:26 am
@ Supacon

Quote:
"Wonderful. It'll be great to have it. I sure hope it remedies my stability problems... I'll be one happy DJ, and all my qualms about using it (sound quality & stability) will be eradicated!"

I haven't had stability problems with MP3s at all, but with videos yes. I hope the stability does increase for videos. Do you have problems with the MP3 stability?

发表时间 Tue 15 Aug 06 @ 5:52 am
funnyb0nzPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2006
re: Server swampped....Hey Staff if your worried about the servers taking a major beating let me know I can set up a mirror on one of my webservers. Just let me know in advance so that way I can move some of my customers over to another server.
Cant wait to play with the new version, I still think you should of released it in July (would of gave a meaning to all of us Christmas in July).

发表时间 Tue 15 Aug 06 @ 7:23 am
You're not the only one with a server but this wouldn't be possible because each setup is unique and I don't think atomix will want to give their protocol away ;-)

发表时间 Tue 15 Aug 06 @ 10:25 am
tunicPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Kerwality :o) I can't wait for August 21st :o) . And I am probably playing a that weekend at a house party so assuming I get some soak test time it will be trés cool. :o)

Get in!

发表时间 Tue 15 Aug 06 @ 3:37 pm
Denon is also having a surprise, see here
Ewout

发表时间 Tue 15 Aug 06 @ 4:46 pm
I will take a stab at what denon has in store... a DJ DVD player.. They always seem to have some the latest in DJ gear and with Pioneer's DVD player and everything shifting to video it is my guess that Denon mainly a hardware manufacture has a DVD player for a suprise. They have had a DVD Player link on their site for a while now with no products listed ... so they probably wanted to fill that link on their site.

I kind of hope so... pioneer shouldn't be the only hardware solution for DJ DVD players around. Numark's DVD Players don't count... they are crap.

发表时间 Tue 15 Aug 06 @ 6:52 pm
djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Seconded - I remember trying one of Numark's DVD players at the PLASA show a couple of years back. It had a pitch control, which was next to useless as the picture lost sync with the audio at any pitch setting other than 0%!

发表时间 Tue 15 Aug 06 @ 7:16 pm
... and for the ELEVENTY-BILLIONTH time that this question has been asked and has not been answered AFAIK...

WILL THE MAC VERSION BE FREE OR DISCOUNTED FOR OWNERS OF VDJ Pro 3.4 for windows, in which case I'll upgrade to Pro from Home version right now, OR will the Mac version be full price in which case I'll just wait for the Mac release?!!!

Also for clarification, since I I just saw something about this in one of the posts on this thread, will the timecode vinyl for version 4 be different than the current TCV? I was gonna order the TCV online yesterday but the online store was in French when I went to put in my credit card information after selecting the "SECURE PAYMENT" option, and there was also no United States option for delivery [despite the fact that I selected $ dollars for the currency when adding them to the basket].

Any info will be greatly appreciated.

发表时间 Tue 15 Aug 06 @ 9:12 pm
@conquest

- Answered in the other thread ("mac crossgrade")
(an answer to the best of my current knowledge)

发表时间 Tue 15 Aug 06 @ 9:44 pm
SupaconPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Gargantula wrote :
I haven't had stability problems with MP3s at all, but with videos yes. I hope the stability does increase for videos. Do you have problems with the MP3 stability?

I can't say that I have exactly had stability problems using audio only files... I play with Video and get problems at least once a night, on average. I play other gigs with karaoke, and I have a problem every few nights, perhaps. I don't DJ much with audio only anymore, but I can't say I really noticed stability problems with the audio.

What happens for me is that Virtual DJ becomes unresponsive when I load a new video in a deck ("Loading..." stays up on the screen). The music keeps playing, but I have no control, and the video playback is frozen. If the music didn't keep playing, I would have given up on Virtual DJ long ago.

With karaoke I was having a few problems... lately the thing has been that my playlist will clear when a new song loads. I just did a clean reinstall of windows and everything else on that computer though... the video was getting really choppy and it was running brutally slow. It has spyware problems among other things. Let's hope that I have a smooth running system now.

I'm looking forward to testing out the new version.

发表时间 Wed 16 Aug 06 @ 5:29 am
I am not sure what is causing the problems with video play back on your vj.... but i have been running strictly videos on vdj 3.4 and not much of a problem there

I recently purchased a new machine...under advice all i have on it is virtual dj..... not connection to the internet at all... no antivirus..... no spyware etc.

If you check your task manager... you will notice that the processes may be very high (at the moment my processes is below 22)

Chances are if you are dedicated to using virtual dj.... u may just have to dedicate a computer just to virtual etc

发表时间 Wed 16 Aug 06 @ 2:26 pm
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
or use a dual-boot machine

发表时间 Wed 16 Aug 06 @ 2:46 pm
yeah exactly.......... a dual boot should do the trick too

it is just great to have a machine... that all you use 4 is just playing

What do I know.......... i am just a novice in these things... especially if you have a few gears attached

Noticed however that these external soundcards seem to affect performance of virtual dj (especially in low latency connection)

always some sort of latency after a while

Wonder why? Seem to be the "Low Latency setup"

Because external soundcard works great when you "choose the option for two soundcards"

发表时间 Wed 16 Aug 06 @ 3:02 pm
Is the AutoGain in VDJ V.4 improved???

发表时间 Wed 16 Aug 06 @ 3:38 pm
@supercon

I have the same problem you do, and I play videos about 98% of the night. (In a six hour shift.) I chalk it up to being more of a Windows thing than VDJ. I have a feeling there may be some memory housecleaning going on when we get a pause in the loading of the videos. Thank goodness for the very intelligent programmers who make sure that doesn't stop our shows. (But it sure stops my heart sometimes!)

发表时间 Wed 16 Aug 06 @ 4:56 pm
56%