快速登录:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

话题: Intermittent Audio Stuttering - My Opinion - Page: 2
BDJPETE wrote :
Is there a suggestion on the best Windows Laptops to run Virtual DJ 2023?
One where we will not experience the intermittent stuttering.

Not really. All new Windows machine should go through de-cluttering before they are used for live audio processing IMO - especially if they come with Windows preinstalled (which usually includes bloatware)

发表时间 Mon 30 Jan 23 @ 12:31 pm
Some laptops just have bad audio latency and there's nothing you can do about it.

发表时间 Mon 30 Jan 23 @ 12:33 pm
BDJPETEPRO InfinityMember since 2012
@KLAUSMOGENSEN ... Please explain de-cluttering.

发表时间 Mon 30 Jan 23 @ 12:40 pm
Disabling 3rd party anti-virus
Uninstalling programs and services not required for core operation
Making sure nothing unecessary is running in the background using RAM and CPU
Looking at your audio latency and making sure it's low
Just basic housekeeping.

I currently have a Lenovo C940 (3 years old now) and it runs sweet as anything. Audio latency well in the green and no crackles or pops.

发表时间 Mon 30 Jan 23 @ 1:53 pm
OK guys ............. It looks like my problem was solved.
I sent the Laptop to the local (Barbados) Lenovo Service Reps. They kept it for 3 days of testing and returned it to me with a Job sheet which just said Bios/Firmware Update. I did a 5 hour session this evening and only one minor issue about 4 1/2 hours into the session. It sounded similar to the stutter but it may have been an effect i pressed accidentally.
I used lots of Realtime Stems, sampled special effects, di all kinds of Beat Mixing with lengthy Stems from one track merged with the incoming song, some scratching and the full run of stuff we mess with as DJs.
I also turned off my wifi.
Now here is the thing, I had updated with the most current Lenovo Firmware and still had the issue, so I suspect that the support reps updated with the AMD Update.
I will confirm how they fixed it next week and ask them to give me the full details and will post them.

发表时间 Sun 05 Feb 23 @ 5:23 am
Hey Everyone...

I'm late to this thread (just logged into the forums for help with something else), but I'm familiar with the stuttering like you mentioned. I had it myself when I first got my current laptops (Dell Vostro 7510 machines purchased one year ago) and was successfully able to make it go away.

BDJPETE: Does your Lenovo laptop offer you a bunch of different Windows power plans when you right-click on the power icon in the bottom right of the taskbar and select "Power Options", or is there just one plan shown there? Check that and reply here with your findings.

发表时间 Sun 05 Feb 23 @ 1:35 pm
Hi Bren POWER - 1. Screen & Sleep 2. Power Mode: "Balanced". BATTERY etc.

发表时间 Sun 05 Feb 23 @ 3:33 pm
BDJPETE wrote :
Hi Bren POWER - 1. Screen & Sleep 2. Power Mode: "Balanced". BATTERY etc.

Ok cool - thanks for your reply.

So at some point, WIndows took away the "Power Saver" and "High Performance" power plans and left "Balanced" as the only choice. This was basically done to maximize battery life as laptops became smaller, at the expense of tampering the actual performance. People who aren't DJs won't notice the difference... web surfing, email and basic tasks will run without issues. Playback of music happens in real-time... Windows juggles processing priorities but doesn't get that music playback absolutely needs to be an uninterrupted priority.

It's not a VDJ issue or even a laptop issue. It's a Windows issue.

I found this info in an Ableton forum last year. After MONTHS of trying reinstalls of VDJ, options tweaks, audio buffer changes, etc, this fixed it:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/csenabled-not-available/cb49f247-090a-40cb-905b-7fe2c18f6ea5

The top comment/answer there (with the green check and Youtube video) fixed it for me. The accompanying Youtube video is outdated, but the comments from Silichip-X are updated and the link to the file you'll need to run to get the "High Performance" power plan on your laptop is there in the comments.

I hope it works for you (or anyone reading this) as perfectly as it did for me. I've done about 100 events without a single audio glitch, using both VirtualDJ 32-bit as well as 64-bit versions, playing music videos and using stems.

发表时间 Sun 05 Feb 23 @ 4:02 pm
Hey Bren ........................ I do have the windows power options. I was telling you that with mine it is set to "Balanced"
but I can change to:
Best Power Efficiency,
or.
Best Performance.
what is your recommendation?

发表时间 Mon 06 Feb 23 @ 11:12 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
performance, always
even then go thru the performance power plan and make sure everything is full bore, turned to 11

发表时间 Mon 06 Feb 23 @ 11:38 pm
BDJPETE wrote :
Hey Bren ........................ I do have the windows power options. I was telling you that with mine it is set to "Balanced"
but I can change to:
Best Power Efficiency,
or.
Best Performance.
what is your recommendation?

Performance, but if it's a slider bar and not actual options, you'll want to go through the steps I posted earlier to bring back Windows' original power options.

发表时间 Fri 10 Feb 23 @ 2:50 pm
Ok guys......... Seems like i am good now, no Audio stutters. Here is the sum total of what I did.
1. Upgraded RAM to 32gb - May not have been necessary, it was my first step.
2. Upgraded BIOS on Lattop - Was done by local Lenovo Support. - This helped a lot.
3. Changed WindowsnPower Plan to "Best Performance".
4. Go to Airplane Mode at every gig, stops wifi from trying to connect.
Worked well for 4 hour session last night.
thanks to all who commented.

发表时间 Sun 12 Feb 23 @ 2:31 pm
ok did a 2 hour session tonigh 100% incident free.

发表时间 Mon 13 Feb 23 @ 6:53 am
Glad it's working better for you!

发表时间 Sun 19 Feb 23 @ 3:41 pm
As with another I am late to this post. My brand new Lenovo V15-ADA laptop has consistently had issues with VDJ. Mostly stuttering but also, on occasion, complete failure to connect. I use a VMS 4.1 mixer. No problem with any other laptop I have used previously with the 4.1.

发表时间 Tue 16 May 23 @ 5:37 pm
That laptop is pretty low spec to be honest.

发表时间 Tue 16 May 23 @ 6:08 pm
BDJPETE wrote :
Ok guys......... Seems like i am good now, no Audio stutters. Here is the sum total of what I did.
1. Upgraded RAM to 32gb - May not have been necessary, it was my first step.
2. Upgraded BIOS on Lattop - Was done by local Lenovo Support. - This helped a lot.
3. Changed WindowsnPower Plan to "Best Performance".
4. Go to Airplane Mode at every gig, stops wifi from trying to connect.
Worked well for 4 hour session last night.
thanks to all who commented.

Point 4 ist the sollution i think.

I have two 2022 Legion too,
One with amd ryzen and a i5 Intel.
Both latest BIOS, latest win, latest win drivers and latest VDJ.
At both LatencyMon says wtf01000.sys ist the Problem.
If i Go to airplane Mode the Problem isnt available, but i want to use Tidal, askthedj and so on.

Can U please Check if you dont activate airplanmode there is still the stuttering?
Also try to Check IT with LatencyMon in the Background to give Everbody Else Here and many other FB groups the best Help.

发表时间 Tue 06 Jun 23 @ 7:59 pm
Please note that with point 4 (Wi-Fi) it refers to "trying to connect".

i.e. if there's wi-fi in the location but you're not connected, then your computer will be searching for your access point (if you have set up an auto login).

OTOH if you are connected and using the wi-fi then it shoul;dn't cause any issues because it won't be hunting for your access point.

发表时间 Wed 07 Jun 23 @ 5:26 pm
Hey I have a top of the line gaming laptop and I have everything that's the minimum to having more then the requirement for Virtul DJ so what is the problem why it's stuttering how can this be fixed I had my computer support team go through my laptop and made few adjustments and said my laptop is fine and it runs the program with no issues but yet I still get the stuttering on my karaoke songs when people sing so what can I doo to fix this stuttering issues.

发表时间 Mon 10 Jul 23 @ 1:47 am
Hey I have a top of the line gaming laptop and I have everything that's the minimum to having more then the requirement for Virtul DJ so what is the problem why it's stuttering how can this be fixed I had my computer support team go through my laptop and made few adjustments and said my laptop is fine and it runs the program with no issues but yet I still get the stuttering on my karaoke songs when people sing so what can I doo to fix this stuttering issues.

发表时间 Mon 10 Jul 23 @ 1:49 am
85%