快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: VDJ fails 1ms latency, DVS Low lantency setup - Page: 2
Soundboyrich wrote :
You guys don't know what your talking about

The information is readily available should you care to research. I was quoting from that info.

Apparently though, the entire professional audio industry has been wrong for decades because you're getting crackles...

Why do you have the sample rate set so high? Chances are your source material is 44100 so ideally the equipment should be set to match.

发表时间 Fri 09 Sep 22 @ 8:45 am
groovindj wrote :
Quoted from the PreSonus website:

"Your brain is wired so that it doesn’t notice if sounds are delayed 3 to 10 milliseconds. Studies have shown that sound reflections in an acoustic space must be delayed by 20 to 30 ms before your brain will perceive them as separate"

Basically anything 10ms or less is imperceptible. If you're listening on PA speakers 1 meter away then it's taking 3ms for the sound to get from the speakers to your ears.

there are some people that can feel 10 ms like qbert

发表时间 Fri 09 Sep 22 @ 11:03 am
Soundboyrich wrote :
Guys, VDJ cannot be used when the latency is below 10ms unless I’m missing something here. I can currently use Mixxx and MixVibes Cross (I think NI Traktor Pro 3 too, will confirm)! I have each of these DJ software but as I mentioned VDJ cannot be used below 10ms latency.

Don’t bother chatting about my soundcard setting or pc cpu whether it’s up to the task. Various DAW, now free to use can use, can operate at low latency setting below 10ms. I’m NOT using some low memory laptop WITH an old processor. I’m using desktop overclocked cpu with a discrete GPU and nvme ssd!

Simple put VDJ cannot be used with latency below 10ms. Anything below that distortion is immediately audible.

i have used it at 5ms but my main soundcard is usb c

发表时间 Fri 09 Sep 22 @ 11:12 am
Soundboyrich wrote :
firewire interface is much slower than pcie. I'm just saying that VDJ is the issue not my hardware...

rme has there own driver . in some cases its faster than thunderbolt 3 for what we do

发表时间 Fri 09 Sep 22 @ 11:18 am
djcrossfade1200 wrote :

there are some people that can feel 10 ms like qbert

What's your source for that claim? Please provide a link.

He doesn't seem to have any concerns here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uO202UAAaVA

发表时间 Fri 09 Sep 22 @ 11:59 am
Qbret sells products that sponsor his videos. Look I'm using flac format, rest of you guys are likely mp3. I use 96k Sample Rate, rest of you likely 44.1Hz or 48KHz. In his 1 minute video he's using 1 timecode record back & forth then says "wow holy shit its accurate".

What I need is 1ms latency setting of VDJ, anyone can replicate little qbert 1 turntable back & forth scratch. The low latency I'm looking for in VDJ, it results in intolerable distortion, pops, clicks, dropout just accumulated lagging software...

发表时间 Sun 18 Sep 22 @ 12:23 am