快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: Best Practices for VDJ and Live Streaming and Recording - Page: 2
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Some people don't realise when they're not helping, some do realise and carry on anyway.

I'm going to take your point of view, explain some things, some for you, opinion on some that I feel the devs should take onboard.

vdj is capable of streaming, not as capable as OBS but for the vast majority it's perfectly serviceable to do the things you want, However there is a void in medium / advanced information with vdj streaming, video skins , or the information isn't in one place.

Sure there's the promo for beginners videos but they just don't go in to any real depth, then there's the answers from advanced users with 1000's of hours using vdj who have explored every feature and experimented way beyond where a normal user would even need to go.
In between, there's a lot of things a user has to make the connection with, or at least know how to ask the question right.

video skins are very adaptable [could be used as scenes, could work as a overlay, can control most aspects of the video output] but there's a learning cliff both learning the skin syntax and you're going to find it hard without knowing script to make things dynamic.
Truth be told explaining it in layman's terms is difficult due to the scope of the topic.

Then there's vdj use with obs, vdj can't broadcast everywhere. Despite vdj doing the majority of popular stream sites, obs is many users first choice [perhaps they don't know of vdj's abilities, perhaps they don't care they know obs, just not obs with vdj]
So I think the subject should be covered in great detail in one tutorial, video skins, vdj native/obs streaming are the same topic.

发表时间 Sun 08 Aug 21 @ 10:41 am
locodog wrote :
Some people don't realise when they're not helping, some do realise and carry on anyway.

I'm going to take your point of view, explain some things, some for you, opinion on some that I feel the devs should take onboard.

vdj is capable of streaming, not as capable as OBS but for the vast majority it's perfectly serviceable to do the things you want, However there is a void in medium / advanced information with vdj streaming, video skins , or the information isn't in one place.

Sure there's the promo for beginners videos but they just don't go in to any real depth, then there's the answers from advanced users with 1000's of hours using vdj who have explored every feature and experimented way beyond where a normal user would even need to go.
In between, there's a lot of things a user has to make the connection with, or at least know how to ask the question right.

video skins are very adaptable [could be used as scenes, could work as a overlay, can control most aspects of the video output] but there's a learning cliff both learning the skin syntax and you're going to find it hard without knowing script to make things dynamic.
Truth be told explaining it in layman's terms is difficult due to the scope of the topic.

Then there's vdj use with obs, vdj can't broadcast everywhere. Despite vdj doing the majority of popular stream sites, obs is many users first choice [perhaps they don't know of vdj's abilities, perhaps they don't care they know obs, just not obs with vdj]
So I think the subject should be covered in great detail in one tutorial, video skins, vdj native/obs streaming are the same topic.

Very well said, thank you. And the issue is that I'm a very technically proficient person with computer hardware and software, but virtual DJ is nowhere near as intuitive as OBS when it comes to the video features. I did find one video where someone talked about how they modified a video skin to show the song titles, but he talked about editing the XML but never showed it.

It I wasn't already working full time and do another two 2 hour shows a week, I'd dig in and learn the depth of the software, but I just don't have time to traverse a rather steep learning curve with pretty basic documentation.

Thanks for your reply. It was insightful. :)

发表时间 Sun 08 Aug 21 @ 3:34 pm
DJ Skylite wrote :
it is a handheld gaming device

No, that's a Steam Deck. A Stream Deck is a bank of LCD buttons for controlling all sorts of whatever.

发表时间 Sun 08 Aug 21 @ 5:12 pm
The one I was looking at looked a nintendo switch too many sherbots on my part.

发表时间 Sun 08 Aug 21 @ 5:34 pm