快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: [OFFICIAL] ContentUnlimited Audio [SOLVED: download v7.4.6 or v8.0.2338] - Page: 8

由于该帖子的部分内容已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

user8674041 wrote :
I am on 8 and build 2334 and have not noticed a difference in content. At least not in the classic rock genre that I use. And it is still the 'purple' tagged videos. I see some people are praising for the new, better content, but I am not seeing it. I type in popular artists in several genres and there aren't very many files coming up. Am I missing something?

I'm getting the same results. I've noticed that a lot of electronic/dance tracks are available, but if you go outside those genres, the main returns are NetSearch purple icons. I was doing a punk set the other night and someone asked for something I didn't have (I don't do many punk sets and my punk library isn't as robust as some other genres), so I gave CU a try and got nothing but NetSearch video track returns...and it wasn't some obscure artist.

Obviously, Grooveshark provided a HUGE catalog, but it'd be nice to know what we can expect in comparison with Grooveshark when it comes to the catalog. For some users, the main reason they chose to purchase a content subscription was the access to a large and varied catalog. It may very well be on the way...but it'd be nice to hear from Atomix what we can expect or what service is going to be used to provide the content for the subscription.

发表时间 Sat 20 Jun 15 @ 9:35 am
psuttles wrote :
it'd be nice to hear from Atomix what we can expect or what service is going to be used to provide the content for the subscription.

I agree. I'd really like to know if the current catalog is "complete" or if they're still working on adding more. I don't mind waiting for everything to come into place, but another update to let us know the current status would be awesome.

发表时间 Sat 20 Jun 15 @ 2:44 pm
parksiePRO InfinityMember since 2011
I've unable to access content unlimited for a few weeks now. Is it me or is there a massive cock up??

发表时间 Sat 20 Jun 15 @ 4:06 pm
PhillayHome userMember since 2014
If I type in the individual song, I get a few more results, but some are weird remixes, which is not what I want. If I type in an artist and 'greatest hits' the full album comes up, but not the individual tracks, the entire album, as a whole, that is about an hour long.
I admit to not knowing the inner workings of such deals, but it seems to me, that going with a company that has a full catalog of music already intact, instead of something that has to be built up over time, would make more sense. Can somebody please explain how these deals are negotiated?

发表时间 Sat 20 Jun 15 @ 4:10 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
parksie wrote :
I've unable to access content unlimited for a few weeks now. Is it me or is there a massive cock up??

What version of the software are you using?

发表时间 Sat 20 Jun 15 @ 5:05 pm
[quote=] If I type in an artist and 'greatest hits' the full album comes up, but not the individual tracks, the entire album, as a whole, that is about an hour long.[/quote]

That sounds like it's coming from Net Search and not Content Unlimited.
In the default skin the purple icons are Net Search results (unverified net content) and the red ones are results from the new Content Unlimited.
I find that the new Content Unlimited tunes are very well tagged and of very high quality - much better than before
The Net Search results are hit or miss

发表时间 Sun 21 Jun 15 @ 4:43 am
you are billing me for a service i'm not getting. How is that fair?

发表时间 Sun 21 Jun 15 @ 10:51 am
The ContentUnlimited service is up and running, so yes, its correct that you be billed for it.

发表时间 Sun 21 Jun 15 @ 10:56 am
Today, we released a new version of VirtualDJ (v8.0.2338 and v7.4.6), that finally has a full and functional ContentUnlimited Audio catalog.

It's been a bumpy ride for the month and a half since Grooveshark went down, but we tried to make sure that we had temporary working solutions during this period, and gradually improving on it.
We now reached the point where the catalog that is accessible in the new version matches our quality standard (and in many way surpass what we used to get from Grooveshark).
We again apologize for all the changes and downloads, but in the end we ended up with a much better product than we had before, so we believe it was worth it.

Please make sure you update to v8.0.2338 (or newer), or v7.4.6, if you plan to try or use ContentUnlimited.

发表时间 Sun 21 Jun 15 @ 12:30 pm
Cool, that looks a lot better already! A giant leap in the right direction! As I said before, I too think it's much better than Grooveshark was.

However, I do hope (and expect) you will continue to expand the catalog over the next few months, not only with the latest hits but also with older music. To give some examples, a search for Robbie Williams only gives back a few remixes of candy (not even the original version), a search for The Trammps gives no CU results at all etcetera.

The developments over the last few weeks give me no reason to doubt that anymore, I'm quite confident we'll have an extensive catalog in a few months time. It might help to communicate a little more though... Anyways, great work so far, keep it up ;-)

发表时间 Sun 21 Jun 15 @ 6:43 pm
I tried it too. A search for Santana gave only five different tracks, but none of the classics (She's Not There for example).

Something a little less well known - Billy Stewart (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billy_Stewart) gave no results at all.

发表时间 Mon 22 Jun 15 @ 1:36 pm
I am on 8 b2338 and still only get a few red files, mostly still purple. What parameters should I have set in options? I went to 'options' and 'browser'- what CU items should be 'yes' and what should be 'no'? Again, when I change some, I netted zero search results.

发表时间 Mon 22 Jun 15 @ 3:19 pm
It's helpful to provide a few example searches that are getting you no red CU audio results.

Personally I'd try a factory reset - you'll find the button in options.

发表时间 Mon 22 Jun 15 @ 7:03 pm
So who is the new content provider ?

发表时间 Mon 22 Jun 15 @ 7:29 pm
robgoffPRO (legacy)Member since 2011
I still have issues with the songs saying the cache is expired. I literally saved to cache some songs at home before I went to a wedding. tested them with and without my internet connected. A few hours later at the venue without internet 2 of the songs said they were expired. How is that even possible. If I hook up to the internet in the morning why wouldnt every song then be refreshed for the next 30 days?

发表时间 Mon 22 Jun 15 @ 8:00 pm
Do I search under Content Unlimited or Search Audio? Either way, I am not getting many files. I did a search for Led Zeppelin, which came up with five red files and Black Sabbath which came up with only two red files. This is after I did a factory reset. If I do an individual song search, I get a lot more files, but they are purple tagged. The audio quality of the purple files is decent, but I would still like to have more than just a handful of red files.
This is by no means anything close to what was offered when Grooveshark was the content provider, when all I had to do was type in the artist's name and a whole litany of red files came up, almost their entire catalog, regardless of the artist.
Am I still doing something wrong? I have tried all of the suggestions given to me. I am on V8, b2338.

发表时间 Mon 22 Jun 15 @ 8:13 pm
Hello

I have a problem. I have a suscription of content unlimited audio, but it's not working with any version of virtualdj. I had prove with some version legal and illegal versions but tthe problem is the same. Please help to solve it.

Thank's

发表时间 Mon 22 Jun 15 @ 9:43 pm
Hello,
it's good to hear it works again.. however, I'm stil experiencnig the issue that VDJ get's frozen while using content unlimited. Sometimes it's during download, sometimes right before it should do the analysis of the downloaded song.
It respond to the controller even keyboard, but CPU goes to 100% and GUI is frozen and need's to be closed. Totaly the same result on Windows and Mac. So during a gig it's pretty risky to use content unlimited at all. I've seent his in differnt topic's but no real solution anywhere (or I'm I just blind?! tell me..).

发表时间 Tue 23 Jun 15 @ 5:55 am
ContentUnlimited & NetSearch are not working. Am I missing something?

I have just upgraded VirtualDJ 8 to build 2338.1001 as indicated on this forum.

I can still refresh the DRM on the CU files I have kept from before but nothing is returned on any search.

I have tried turning off search in folders and drives to force it always to go to ContentUnlimited and then to NetSearch but nothing.

Like one of the previous posters we run a not for profit events organisation focussing on outreach activities with the homeless and those with substance abuse problems and whilst we have bought most of the regular music this facility has proved invaluable up until its issues 7 weeks ago or so.

Any advice is gratefully received. We have an event in a couple of days and it would be great to have this back in place if possible

MusicZon
reaching people through music

发表时间 Tue 23 Jun 15 @ 8:15 am
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
can you please post a screenshot of your CU Settings in Options ?

发表时间 Tue 23 Jun 15 @ 9:03 am
67%