Quick Sign In:  

 Public Performance License

Q. Do I need a public performance or music license if I am only playing songs from Online Music

Although the artists and labels are compensated, a Online Music subscription does not give you the right to perform music in public. It is a subscription service to be able to stream music, karaoke and video only. You and/or your venue will need the appropriate public performance and/or music/karaoke/video licenses from the appropriate authorities in your country or area, even if you are only playing music from Online Music.

This is the same as playing music from CD's, vinyl records, MP3, video files, iTunes, etc. Most of these are not licensed for public performance, even those intended for DJ/promotional use only and require you to have appropriate performance licenses from the appropriate authorities.

Please check with the appropriate authorities in your country or region for further information on the licenses that you may require.

FAQ Knowledge Database Wiki HOME