FRONT & REAR PANELS
- POWER ON/OFF: Use the Power Switch to turn the unit on and off. Turn on unit after all input devices have been connected and before you turn on amplifiers. Turn off amplifiers before you turn off unit
- POWER IN: Use the included AC cable to connect Prime 2 to a power outlet. While the power is switched off, plug the cable into unit first, and then plug the cable into a power outlet.
- USB 3/4. Connect other USB devices in the ports of this USB hub. Keep in mind that the devices connected to these ports will not be available as computer devices, when the Prime 2 is on Standalone (Engine) mode.
- USB B. Use the provided USB type B to type A cable to connect the unit with a USB port of a computer. This USB connection sends and receives audio and control information from a connected computer.
- LINK.Not used in VirtualDJ
- BOOTH OUT (XLR): Use XLR cables to connect this output to a booth monitoring system. The level of this output is controlled by the Booth Level knob on the top panel.
- MASTER OUT (Balanced - XLR): Connect this low-impedance XLR output to a PA system or powered monitors. The level of this output is controlled with the Master Level knob on the top panel.
- MASTER OUT 2 (RCA): Use standard RCA cables to connect this output to a speaker or amplifier system. The level of this output is controlled by the Master Level knob on the top panel.
- AUX INPUT. Connect an auxiliary audio source to this input using standard RCA cable. The level of this input is controlled by the AUX level knob at the top panel.
- MIC 1 Connect a microphone to this socket, using a 1/4" cable or XLR. The audio signals of this input is routed directly to the Program Mix and Cue Mix. The level of the Microphone Input is controlled from the top-left panel
- MIC 2 Connect a microphone to this socket, using a 1/4" cable or XLR. The audio signals of this input is routed directly to the Program Mix and Cue Mix. The level of the Microphone Input is controlled from the top-left panel
Denon DJ Prime 2 - Front panel
- HEADPHONES SOCKET. Connect your 1/4" or 1/8" headphones to this output for cueing and mix monitoring.
- CF ASSIGN. Use these switchers to assign each mixer channel to a side of the Crossfader. Select the A (Left) or B (Right) position to assign a deck to the left or right side of the crossfader. When in THRU position, the crossfader will not affect the output level of the mixer channel.
- XFADER CONTOUR. Adjusts the slope of the crossfader curve. Turn the knob to the left for a smooth fade (mixing) or to the right for a sharp cut (scratching). The center position is a typical setting for club performances.