快速登录:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

话题: website signature

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

发表时间 Sun 19 Oct 08 @ 10:46 am
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
When signatures are allowed on forums, it happens very often that the signature itself takes more place than the message.

Therefore, as a moderator i prefer not having signatures.

发表时间 Sun 19 Oct 08 @ 11:15 am
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
JeremK wrote :
When signatures are allowed on forums, it happens very often that the signature itself takes more place than the message.

Therefore, as a moderator i prefer not having signatures.

+1 Jerem

发表时间 Sun 19 Oct 08 @ 11:16 am
ok,

problem: signature too big
solution: rule 1 for signature: maximum height for signature is 3 lines of text.

发表时间 Sun 19 Oct 08 @ 11:33 am
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
This has been discussed at the moderator level and we were informed that signature/tag lines are not to be used on these forums. End of story

发表时间 Sun 19 Oct 08 @ 3:59 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
I want to bring this up again...

Any chance of getting a signature now?
Imho it could be a really good assistance if you could see what system and gear a user is working with.

And maybe for the mobile view, don't display the signatures at all, so that it can't consume too much display space.

发表时间 Wed 27 Aug 14 @ 10:05 am
That sort of stuff could be put in the users home page - either by the user, or as part of the registration/account.

I do miss the old controller/software icons under the username though. That was useful when giving assistance.

发表时间 Wed 27 Aug 14 @ 11:14 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
I really dislike signatures, more often than not they add nothing.

发表时间 Wed 27 Aug 14 @ 3:42 pm
@locodog: True, but let the user deside if he wants to give us this informations or not.

@groovin: You are right, but how often are you on your own user page? If there is a signature under each of your posts and your gear changes there is a better chance of updating the sig because you are always getting reminded of this informations.

Another idea to avoide a signature in posts:

What about a small icon or a link under the left user's informations? Hovering the mouse over this icon/ link could open a tooltip like window with informations of the gear.
This should not be to difficult to implement with the web technologies and browsers nowadays.

发表时间 Thu 28 Aug 14 @ 3:34 am
PachN wrote :
you are always getting reminded of this informations.

Yes - and so is everyone else. That's the problem.

发表时间 Thu 28 Aug 14 @ 5:34 am
groovindj wrote :

Yes - and so is everyone else. That's the problem.

And that is a possible solution:

PachN wrote :

What about a small icon or a link under the left user's informations? Hovering the mouse over this icon/ link could open a tooltip like window with informations of the gear.
This should not be to difficult to implement with the web technologies and browsers nowadays.

EDIT: Thinking of it, the website already is using something like this. In the forums... If you hover over a topic, the first post is being displayed.

发表时间 Thu 28 Aug 14 @ 9:24 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)