快速登录:  

Forum: Music discussion

话题: New to VDJ, quick help.

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

What's up guys, I just started messing with VDJ, the software is amazing... So far what i can't figure out that's important it's how to get headphones to work so I can cue the deck I'm trying to mix through my headphones while the deck that's playing plays through the speaker.
I have a desktop computer, and it's hooked up to a stereo system through AUX I guess? The cable that goes from the stereo is yellow and black to the computer to the headphone jack so it plays the music through the stereo system. how can I get headphones to work?

P.S. I'm using VDJ Pro 5.1

发表时间 Sun 31 Aug 08 @ 5:20 pm
1st you need 2 souncards on your PC one to play the sound out and the other to listen to it
2nd buy a 3.5mm(headphone) to 2RCA(red and white) as at the moment all you are getting is sound out to 1 speaker and not to the other.(but if you are going to get a mixer or midi dont bother as you wont need it!)
3rd if your really interested in DJing i recomend buying a mixer, wether it has USB ports on it or RCA's but if you dont have a RCA soundcard or only 1 soundcard the USB mixer is your best bet,
the reason for this is: eventually when you want to get into timecoded vinyl or CD's youll need a mixer then and also the mixer lets you headfone cue eaisler then VDJ (and saves you pressing lots of keyboad buttons or using the mouse) as when you progress you will need to do 2 or more things at once (for example turning the bass up on 1 track and cutting the input on the other) and you dont just have to use VDJ with it.
Things you could buy....
MAYA44 or equalivent ASIO soundcard (a 4 in 4 out soundcard for 2 decks and outputs for each mixer channel)

Mixer (Numark DM950 USB, DMX 01(usb), etc) if you dont have 2 soundcards then for now use USB or if getting a MAYA44 any mixer will do this only controls the sound once its left your computer so it wont change anything in VDJ.

MIDI Controller (Hurcles RMX, MK2, Numark total control etc.) these are USB devices that controll the settings in VDJ and are made especially for the software (and some come with VDJ as well!) also some like the MK2 have 2 soundcards built in so you can connect turntables directly to it as well.

Turntables or CD decks, (not belt drive Direct Drive) i only recomend getting these if you really are serious about DJing as they are expensive peices of kit.

Timecoded Vinyl (VDJ Timecode or Numark Cue) to control the decks of VDJ if using CD Decks you can download the timecode from this website and burn it to CD.

Thease are the basic peices of kit to get you started, i started out only using keyboad and mouse and i still learnt a lot from the software, but as your skill increases so will your desire to get better and you will soon be frustrated at it! so youll want to scratch and you can with a mouse but its nothing like using vinyl (or CD decks) and youll soon find yourself upgrading at some point! i hope this helps you in some way shape size or form!! and happy DJin! ;)

发表时间 Sat 06 Sep 08 @ 9:49 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)