快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: Recording from external mixer

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Ive read through numerous posts with similar problems but couldnt find anything...i want to record whats happening on the external mixer onto mp3 but the only input on my laptop is a mic in and the sound quality is terrible, any suggestions?

Thanks, Simon

发表时间 Fri 01 Aug 08 @ 2:30 pm
On some laptops, the microphone input can only accept phono level input, a mixer outputs at line level so this is why you get the distortion. If you're currently using an internal soundcard you could upgrade to an external one which has at least two inputs and four outputs (2 for each channel). This will usually give you a better quality sound output and will allow you to record.

What is your current setup? An alternative would be to buy an MP3 player which allows line recording. This gives you the added benefit that should your computer fail, you have a backup source to play music from.

发表时间 Fri 01 Aug 08 @ 2:56 pm
there are two outputs from my mixer (high and low) and i tried using two 2x phono to 1x jack cables, one to my stereo for the speakers and one in to the mic in. I have vdj output to external mixer and tried record settings on LINE IN. So there is probably no way to make the mic in record as well as when recording just off the vdj interface?

Thanks, Simon

发表时间 Fri 01 Aug 08 @ 3:57 pm
the trick is to turn all of your levels to half. so that would be your MASTER(on the p.c.), your MIC, and the MASTER in VDJ. also dont forget about the MASTER VOLUME on your MIXER, this 1 i only turn up about a 1/4. thats what i have to do and i get great sounding mixes.

发表时间 Sat 02 Aug 08 @ 6:54 am
thanks, ill give that a try. isnt exactly ideal though!

发表时间 Sat 02 Aug 08 @ 9:17 am
you may have to adjust the volume on your mixer a couple of times. i found that this is key. also make SURE THAT YOUR MIC BOOST IS OFF!! not sure what you use but on mine which is RELTEC, they have stupid setting.
hope all works out. let me know.

发表时间 Sat 02 Aug 08 @ 1:01 pm
reducing the volumes definitely gives a better recording, its hard to get enough volume through the speakers though. Not sure my mic has a boost seeting, there is a 'signal enhancement' feature but i think thats unrelated

发表时间 Sun 03 Aug 08 @ 11:04 am
if your speakers have a seprate volume you can turn them up as loud as you want and it would have no effect on what you are recording. glad things are looking up.

发表时间 Sun 03 Aug 08 @ 10:42 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)