快速登录:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

话题: Finer Tempo Ability

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

bantonHome userMember since 2005
Hi there guys....

First of all lets blow the trumpet !

Virtual DJ is one of the best I have seen, I like many have tested plenty of so called mixers and see this one is the way forward, well done atomix !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My only problem after months of testing is :

The Bpm divisions dont seem fine enough.

It seems (after you find an accapella thats nigh on perfect) that the bpm cant be matched perfectly.

Its either to slow or too fast. I have a basic understanding of how it is challenged with handling packets of audio and have concerns that it cant be made any better.

Can anything be done ? Maybe it can be changed now and I havent seen it, i dont know.

To me right now this problem if solved would perfect this app.]

Any help is tremendously respected : what an excellent piece of software

发表时间 Sat 08 Jan 05 @ 4:45 am
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
VDJ is really nice you're right. That's the best PC-DJing software.

The BPM can be easily corrected if you're song is not well analyzed by adjusting the CBG: Use the '' buttons on the skin.
A better and easier way to ajust is to click on the BPM button (e.a. on the CDJ700 skin) or by a right-click on the name of the song when loaded (with manyskins). Then adjust by using the anchors. (Set anchor 1 on a beat then count 16 beats then set the anchor 2 and hit '16' in the number of beats. Go ahead and set the anchor 2 if the CBG's are not on the beats anymore.

I hope I understood corectly your question (Sorry if I did not answered correctly for you but I don't really speak english. Mi first language is french).

Clax

发表时间 Sat 08 Jan 05 @ 6:23 am
djzeroPRO InfinityMember since 2003
try using ctrl and the up and down arrows this moves the pitch slider in finer increments, you can set up even samller increments in the keyoiard skortcuts menu if you want but its upto you, the ctrl up/down moves the slider in .025 BPM increments by default. have a good look at the keyboard shortcuts menu and youll see that the porential of the program is even more amamzing

发表时间 Sat 08 Jan 05 @ 7:54 am
ok, i see what u guys are saying....

I want to know what is the smallest %percent change that can be made?

the reason is because the increments dont seem fine enough...

I am using the default 1024 skin as I have edited it.

The increments are moving at .2 percent which if this bpm count is correct which it seems to be is only .2 bpm, so ahh that must mean it can be smaller : (rythym bpm = 117 : change to 117.2)

quote ctrl up/down moves the slider in .025 BPM increments

I will have a look and see what happens.....

Many thanks guys !!!!!!!!!!!!

发表时间 Sun 09 Jan 05 @ 9:29 pm
PJayPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I suppose if you've got the pitch on +/-8% and you create a keyboard shortcut to move the pitch +1 then you get a pitch change of 0.025% i think thats right. That should be fine enough to satisfy any perfectionist
PJay

发表时间 Sun 09 Jan 05 @ 9:51 pm
Pjay, many thanks for your input, but you may notice that this app lets you have it on +-33 or middle or +-8 and still use the [+] and [-] to move it in the .2% increments, I am yet to have a mess but will let you know what I find...

thanks again : what an excellent app

ps, for mixing straight tunes, it is excellent ! I cant fault it, but if you need to mix a whole tune/accapella it is harder work which most times leaves mistakes. I would like to pitch it as close as possible, for two reasons, one obviously is for the remix part, the other is to test accapellas, i can use a locked metronome but I know not everyone has rythym making software available.

VIRTUAL DJ : THE BUSINESS !

发表时间 Sun 09 Jan 05 @ 10:17 pm
Another reason why we should have a metronome option
Andre

发表时间 Sun 09 Jan 05 @ 11:42 pm
ahaaaa

I have tested it and found that you are right !!!!!!!!!!!

On the default skin (1024) the pitch [+] and [-] only moves the pitch 0.2 bpm

But if you use the shortcut option ie (in my case = the default) shift and (num) + it moves it in smaller increments : weh heyyyyyyyy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am very pleased :D

Thanks guys NUF NUF NUF

VIRTUAL DJ : AN EXCELLENT PIECE OF SOFTWARE JUST GOT EVEN BETTER !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dont own Virtual DJ yet ? why not ? Go buy it ! Worth every penny for me after years of testing different mixers.

~~~~vdj ops - please move this thread to a relevent place and delete this line, thanks~~~~

发表时间 Mon 10 Jan 05 @ 1:38 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)